Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Rian Gray

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jul 13, 2011
NJ, United States
I can't even start guessing how Parallels is paralyzed on Mountain Lion.
It won't even launching, or maybe it does start launch and crashes automatically.

Has anyone found some clues how to fix this problem?

Parallels is now officially NOT supporting Mountain Lion until Apple launches in public.

--Okay, apparently what I've said wasn't clear enough. I cleared it up a little. But still, my question still holds: anyone with ideas?

Last edited:

maflynn

macrumors Haswell
May 3, 2009
I cannot speak for Parallels, but the work around for Vmware is to boot ML into 32bit mode (reboot and hold the 3 and 2 keys down) and start vmware from the terminal.

I'm running a dual system at the moment, one volume for ML and another for Lion just because of the Vmware issue and a few other bugs

Last edited:

old-wiz

macrumors G3
Mar 26, 2008
West Suburban Boston Ma
It won't even start launching, or maybe it does start launch and crashes automatically.

Sad part, or actually ridiculous part is, that Parallels is now officially NOT supporting Mountain Lion until Apple launches in public.

So I was wondering, has anyone found some clues how to fix this problem?

Isn't the point of developer previews to allow developers, such as the makers of Parallels, to modify their products to allow them to work with new releases of software??? If Parallels doesn't work, and the company knows about it, what is the issue? they are nowhere near required to support an unreleased OS.

Blipp

macrumors 6502
Mar 14, 2011
Sad part, or actually ridiculous part is, that Parallels is now officially NOT supporting Mountain Lion until Apple launches in public.

Are you actually complaining that they won't support their product on an unreleased OS? I don't even... :rolleyes:

Bear

macrumors G3
Jul 23, 2002
Sol III - Terra
And this is one of the reasons why you shouldn't use unreleased versions of the OS for your production system. Any software that has issues may not get fixed until the OS is released.

pdjudd

macrumors 601
Jun 19, 2007
Plymouth, MN
And this is one of the reasons why you shouldn't use unreleased versions of the OS for your production system. Any software that has issues may not get fixed until the OS is released.

Yea, it’s kind of silly for Parallels to spend the effort now to update their product for a moving target (since there are going to be several updated releases until formal release in the next few months) that isn’t even targeted toward consumers. It’s much easier to hold off releases until the RC or the GM where they know the code will be stable. That’s just smart business. The most you would ever see would be some sort of a selected beta program from Parallels that might not even be a stable release for them.

Rian Gray

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jul 13, 2011
NJ, United States
I suspect Parallels will be version 8 for Mountain Lion and require an upgrade fee.

That's what I suspect as well. And that's why I am so frustrated as well.

----------

Are you actually complaining that they won't support their product on an unreleased OS? I don't even... :rolleyes:

Please read, not just quote the whole thing, and denounce someone else. Parallels usually charge the upgrade fee for new OS. Now that I am working around with Mountain Lion, I just felt what I have spent for Parallels 7 worth nothing until I pay another fee.

I'm not even asking Parallels to be kind. I'm simply asking, is there anyone who came up with temporary solution.

maflynn

macrumors Haswell
May 3, 2009
The temporary solution is to continue to use Lion until Parallels updates its software.

Basically that's what I'm doing with Vmware. I have a Lion volume and a Mountain Lion volume. Its much easier to deal with the issue that way.

ajvizzgamer101

macrumors 65816
Mar 3, 2008
United States

hackerwayne

macrumors 6502a
Feb 17, 2012
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
It won't even launching, or maybe it does start launch and crashes automatically.

Has anyone found some clues how to fix this problem?

Parallels is now officially NOT supporting Mountain Lion until Apple launches in public.

--Okay, apparently what I've said wasn't clear enough. I cleared it up a little. But still, my question still holds: anyone with ideas?

it does work buddy.. google search Parallel Launcher V2 and boot ur Mac in 32 bit mode (hold 32 right after powering on)

jacob753c

macrumors newbie
Jul 25, 2012
fix

The solution to the problem with parallels seven is to update to the latest version of parallels seven. This can be done by going to the parallels seven homepage and re downloading the parallels seven software. Underneath download a free trial there is an option if you already have your ID key number. download that copy and parallels should work fine

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.