Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Nikomanz

macrumors regular
Original poster
Mar 9, 2012
Washington, D.C.
When is it coming out and what do you want fixed asap?

Itunes match and the music app for me needs a serious fix. Really buggy and crashes constantly.

SvP

macrumors 6502
Mar 31, 2009
June 5th was iOS5b1, June 24th b2, and Juli 11th beta 3 if I'm not mistaken.

I think it'll be another week at least (guessing: June 29th). It's just guesswork tho.

My biggest hopes for fixes: maps. I can't search in them, it crashes on text enter. The logs don't give me any answers to why.

fishkorp

macrumors 68030
Apr 10, 2006
Ellicott City, MD
When is it coming out and what do you want fixed asap?

Itunes match and the music app for me needs a serious fix. Really buggy and crashes constantly.

If iOS6 is anything like iOS4 and iOS5, the music player app will be one of the last things fixed. It was always buggy/crashy in early betas, and many features that work in shipping versions of the OS with 3rd party hardware (docks, cars, ets) did not work in most of the betas. I wouldn't get your hopes up for a better music player app in beta 2 if history is any indication.

Vundu

macrumors 68000
Jun 10, 2009
Manchester, UK
June 5th was iOS5b1, June 24th b2, and Juli 11th beta 3 if I'm not mistaken.

I think it'll be another week at least (guessing: June 29th). It's just guesswork tho.

My biggest hopes for fixes: maps. I can't search in them, it crashes on text enter. The logs don't give me any answers to why.

I cannot search in portrait mode but if I switch to landscape it let's me.

Nikomanz

macrumors regular
Original poster
Mar 9, 2012
Washington, D.C.
Maybe you should have waited before updating

Well I needed to test the beta on my companies app, and i have an ipod touch specifically just to test betas. I do mess with it however and I saw the really poor music app. Not that I care my personal iphone runs 5.1.1 It's my first year as a dev and all of this experience is new to me.

Does anybody know or have any educated guess whereas beta 2 will be OTA or full restore?

----------

If iOS6 is anything like iOS4 and iOS5, the music player app will be one of the last things fixed. It was always buggy/crashy in early betas, and many features that work in shipping versions of the OS with 3rd party hardware (docks, cars, ets) did not work in most of the betas. I wouldn't get your hopes up for a better music player app in beta 2 if history is any indication.

This is very interesting, because for me most of the apple apps are REALLY buggy, itunes, app store, music, passbook, reminders etc, but the 3rd party apps (shazam, spotify, instagram etc) run pretty well! Kind of ironic..

ct2k7

macrumors G3
Aug 29, 2008
London
Well I needed to test the beta on my companies app, and i have an ipod touch specifically just to test betas.

Beta 1 isn't the one for app testing, though it's still done, it's more for API testing.

Also, I'd hope you're testing the app on the beta, not the beta on the app :cool:

pmz

macrumors 68000
Nov 18, 2009
NJ
Soon. Probably next week some time.

Excited for it, as this has been the most stable beta 1 out of any beta 1.

So iOS 6 beta2 is likely to be sweet cakes.

Nikomanz

macrumors regular
Original poster
Mar 9, 2012
Washington, D.C.
Also, I'd hope you're testing the app on the beta, not the beta on the app :cool:

Lol, yes the app on the beta. :)

----------

Excited for it, as this has been the most stable beta 1 out of any beta 1.

So iOS 6 beta2 is likely to be sweet cakes.

Thats what i thought, pretty stable for a beta definitely the best ive seen on beta stages. Do you know if b2 will be full restore or ota?

Futhark

macrumors 65816
Jun 12, 2011
Northern Ireland
Lol, yes the app on the beta. :)

----------

Thats what i thought, pretty stable for a beta definitely the best ive seen on beta stages. Do you know if b2 will be full restore or ota?

Looking forward to Beta 2 because I honestly don't think there's too much work to be corrected bug wise.

ihonda

Suspended
Sep 17, 2009
i went back to 5.1.1, the slow text input/keyboard lag was driving me insane. some people have it and some dont i dont understand it.

i also experienced:

springboard crash on speaker phone calls 5-15mins long

when using headphones/earphones for phone calls there would be static out of nowhere 5-8mins into calls

wallpapers were zoomed out, you had to zoom in to set one.

missed phone calls (could be at&t)

appstore very slow

i hope beta 2 fixes these issues and ill happily go back to 6.0

toomanyphones

macrumors member
Jun 20, 2009
Beta is pretty stable but the brightness bug and music player bugs are a bit annoying. Beta 2 could drop any day, just keep checking here and the dev site.

Gjwilly

macrumors 68040
May 1, 2011
SF Bay Area
Does anybody know or have any educated guess whereas beta 2 will be OTA or full restore?

My guess is full restore cuz beta-1 has a bug that lets anybody install it, developer or not.
Maybe there's already a UDID check built into the OTA update system but if not they're probably going to need the full restore to close that loophole.

batting1000

macrumors 604
Sep 4, 2011
Florida
My guess is full restore cuz beta-1 has a bug that lets anybody install it, developer or not.
Maybe there's already a UDID check built into the OTA update system but if not they're probably going to need the full restore to close that loophole.

Supposedly it's not a bug.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.