Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPhone

Old Nov 16, 2012, 11:26 AM   #1
PDFierro
macrumors 68030

Black border more noticeable on white iPhone 5 vs. 4S?

Maybe I should look again, but anytime I saw a photo of the white iPhone 5 with the screen on, the black border just seemed ever-so present. Granted, even with the 4S this was the case and is something people question when getting a white iOS device.

But it seems way more noticeable on the iPhone 5 due to the new screen technology that is used.

Thoughts?
PDFierro is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 16, 2012, 11:44 AM   #2
tys
macrumors regular

I just looked at my 4&5 side by side and I'd say the thin black border is the same. I do wonder why they couldn't make the bezel a mm thicker and eliminate it. I also wish they'd make the top and bottom bars white on the white iPhone 5 when using older small-screen apps.
tys is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 16, 2012, 12:38 PM   #3
PDFierro
macrumors 68030

Quote:
Originally Posted by tys View Post
I just looked at my 4&5 side by side and I'd say the thin black border is the same. I do wonder why they couldn't make the bezel a mm thicker and eliminate it. I also wish they'd make the top and bottom bars white on the white iPhone 5 when using older small-screen apps.
Maybe it's just how it looks in the photos. I thought the in-cell technology or whatever made the border more visible. Thanks for your insight.
PDFierro is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 16, 2012, 12:42 PM   #4
KAB2010
macrumors 6502

Wirelessly posted

The border on the white iPhones is the main reason I stay with black. I can even notice it on my black iPhones sometimes.
KAB2010 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 16, 2012, 12:59 PM   #5
Appl3FTW
macrumors 65816

its the same and it's not a big deal... white iphones are gorgeous. man people do CRY alot.
Appl3FTW is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPhone