Go Back   MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPhone

Old Dec 5, 2012, 07:50 PM   #1
jetlitheone
macrumors 6502

Lets all stop whining here...

Look. The iphone 5 is good. It has problems such as wifi and such but still an amazing innovative product. The specs aren't crazy but the performance is amazing, it's not quad core and such but it's simple and sleek. And with a jailbreak it'll be loads of fun to customize it and such. Also the 5s is a flop IMO. It'll be released in September I think.
jetlitheone is offline   2 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 5, 2012, 08:03 PM   #2
w00t951
macrumors 68000

How is it in any way innovative?
Old Dec 5, 2012, 08:05 PM   #3
smellysox8
macrumors regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by w00t951 View Post
How is it in any way innovative?
Because Apple said so in their ads.
smellysox8 is offline   14 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 5, 2012, 08:08 PM   #4
Beeplance
macrumors 65816

I guess the point is, at the end of the day, it's a remarkable phone, but there're also other relatively good phones for Android and Windows Phone 8 as well.
Beeplance is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 5, 2012, 08:08 PM   #5
ixodes
macrumors 601

Yes it is a good phone.

Too bad it's not the outstanding phone Apple's capable of building. Oh well there's always 2014.

By the looks of early leaks, the 2013 model remains crippled with Apples odd interpretation of a 4.0" display.
Old Dec 5, 2012, 08:20 PM   #6
w00t951
macrumors 68000

Quote:
Originally Posted by ixodes View Post
Yes it is a good phone.

Too bad it's not the outstanding phone Apple's capable of building. Oh well there's always 2014.

By the looks of early leaks, the 2013 model remains crippled with Apples odd interpretation of a 4.0" display.
It's a good phone, but in comparison to other phones (even older models, like the Galaxy SIII) it falters. There's a reason why I'm using a Galaxy Nexus after my iPhone 4 and 4S.
Old Dec 5, 2012, 08:45 PM   #7
jetlitheone
macrumors 6502

Quote:
It's a good phone, but in comparison to other phones (even older models, like the Galaxy SIII) it falters. There's a reason why I'm using a Galaxy Nexus after my iPhone 4 and 4S.
I had the s3 and I've dreaded owning it. Lets not go there.
jetlitheone is offline   5 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 5, 2012, 08:55 PM   #8
w00t951
macrumors 68000

Quote:
Originally Posted by jetlitheone View Post
I have the Galaxy Nexus. Let's go there. On my suspicion of you not owning an SIII, let's hear why you didn't like it.
Old Dec 5, 2012, 08:58 PM   #9
Beeplance
macrumors 65816

Quote:
And what is so terribly wrong with it?
Beeplance is offline   2 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 5, 2012, 09:02 PM   #10
wordoflife
macrumors 604

Besides a few, not that many people are whining. Some people actually have legitimate concerns and issues.
wordoflife is offline   4 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 5, 2012, 09:03 PM   #11
irDigital0l

iPhone 4 still rocks...

Since I'm not in a situation where I need to replace my perfectly good phone, I want to see if Apple actually improves its products or takes baby steps.

I have to say, Android is looking good. It was pretty bad before, but it has come a long way, almost up to par with iOS.

Jobs was right, iOS was ahead of the competition up to 5 years. Five years is over now, that statement might not be true anymore.
irDigital0l is offline   5 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 5, 2012, 09:04 PM   #12
jetlitheone
macrumors 6502

The phone itself felt cheap, like a toy, the earpiece for making calls (yes I make calls on a phone) was very loud but not clear whatsoever just blow Out sounding. I loved jelly bean but it hasn't been update on my carrier and the android ecosystem on everything but nexus is garbage. You buy a phone and you get an is that's 6 months old or won't get the next update... The phone also isn't as fluid as the iphone and the gaming on it is mediocre also the pentile display looks horrible for some things. But good for others (ill give it that)
jetlitheone is offline   4 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 5, 2012, 09:04 PM   #13
smellysox8
macrumors regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by wordoflife View Post
Besides a few, not that many people are whining. Some people actually have legitimate concerns and issues.
Apparently whining is if you spend hundreds of dollars on a brand new product that is already scratched before peeling the plastic.
smellysox8 is offline   3 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 5, 2012, 09:05 PM   #14
jetlitheone
macrumors 6502

Quote:
Originally Posted by irDigital0l View Post
iPhone 4 still rocks...

Since I'm not in a situation where I need to replace my perfectly good phone, I want to see if Apple actually improves its products or takes baby steps.

I have to say, Android is looking good. It was pretty bad before, but it has come a long way, almost up to par with iOS.

Jobs was right, iOS was ahead of the competition up to 5 years. Five years is over now, that statement might not be true anymore.
I think apple will be forced into a position to make a really innovate phone again. Maybe if someone comes out with a truly remarkable product that will crush the iphone. I love the new lg Optimus but I've not used it. The links 920 was supposed to be good as well. It sucked.
jetlitheone is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 5, 2012, 09:10 PM   #15
Beeplance
macrumors 65816

Quote:
Originally Posted by smellysox8 View Post
Apparently whining is if you spend hundreds of dollars on a brand new product that is already scratched before peeling the plastic.
Doesn't happen to the majority either.
Beeplance is offline   3 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 5, 2012, 09:10 PM   #16
irDigital0l

Quote:
I think apple will be forced into a position to make a really innovate phone again. Maybe if someone comes out with a truly remarkable product that will crush the iphone. I love the new lg Optimus but I've not used it. The links 920 was supposed to be good as well. It sucked.
My point was that Apple needs to stop thinking its invincible (oops, not invisible) and can just keep suing.

iPhone was truly innovative (Multi-touch display, powerful UI, etc.)
iPhone 4 was a major step up (Retina display, iOS 4, cameras)

To be honest, iPhone 5 doesn't seem to be that major. Not sure if its because Android products are just getting a lot better or iOS 6 was lackluster or that there was no special feature or surprises at the event.

Last edited by irDigital0l; Dec 5, 2012 at 09:21 PM.
irDigital0l is offline   5 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 5, 2012, 09:10 PM   #17
wordoflife
macrumors 604

Quote:
Originally Posted by smellysox8 View Post
That's also an issue, but some other major issues like bending are very concerning.
wordoflife is offline   2 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 5, 2012, 09:14 PM   #18
Beeplance
macrumors 65816

Quote:
Originally Posted by irDigital0l View Post
My point was that Apple needs to stop thinking its invisible and can just keep suing.

iPhone was truly innovative (Multi-touch display, powerful UI, etc.)
iPhone 4 was a major step up (Retina display, iOS 4, cameras)

To be honest, iPhone 5 doesn't seem to be that major. Not sure if its because Android products are just getting a lot better or iOS 6 was lackluster or that there was no special feature or surprises at the event.
I agree. The iPhone 5 is just not as stunning anymore, but I think the upgrades are better than nothing. Apple needs to figure something out soon, and also stop with the mentality that their products are always superior to others. During the keynote, it was almost hilarious that they always said "The most advanced..", "The easiest way...", "Nothing like this on the market"...

If they continue at this pace, I want to see what happens in a couple of years....
Beeplance is offline   4 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 5, 2012, 09:23 PM   #19
CosmoPilot
macrumors 65816

Wirelessly posted

Quote:
Originally Posted by w00t951
Quote:
Originally Posted by ixodes View Post
Yes it is a good phone.

Ahh, but is there a reason you still lurk MR?
Old Dec 5, 2012, 09:25 PM   #20
Breezygirl
macrumors regular

From watching the threads here for a while I don't think the whining is going to stop anytime soon unless Apple at least makes an attempt to improve. It's only going to get worse.
Breezygirl is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 5, 2012, 09:29 PM   #21
Beeplance
macrumors 65816

Quote:
Originally Posted by Breezygirl View Post
From watching the threads here for a while I don't think the whining is going to stop anytime soon unless Apple at least makes an attempt to improve. It's only going to get worse.
What's more, people know the next generation iPhone wouldn't be that much of an improvement but they will still purchase it. Then,

They whine.

It's a vicious cycle.
Old Dec 5, 2012, 09:33 PM   #22
Breezygirl
macrumors regular

And with good reason, I keep hoping they will once again try to be leading and inovative. So sad, they have many new followers and their loyal ones but even we are starting to die off. It's sad to watch really, Apple will be the death of themselves.
Breezygirl is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 5, 2012, 09:34 PM   #23
Prime85
macrumors 6502a

Quote:
It's sad when a 6 month old phone is considered an older model
Prime85 is offline   2 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 5, 2012, 09:36 PM   #24
Beeplance
macrumors 65816

Quote:
Originally Posted by Breezygirl View Post
And with good reason, I keep hoping they will once again try to be leading and inovative. So sad, they have many new followers and their loyal ones but even we are starting to die off. It's sad to watch really, Apple will be the death of themselves.
I know right? I watch every single one of their keynotes every year, the iOS department is really starting to falter. I think Mac OSX is still ok, their macbooks and iMacs are still quite decent.

Can't wait and see how Jony Ive is gonna change this. I think he'll need Eddy Cue's help with this one.
Old Dec 5, 2012, 09:51 PM   #25
w00t951
macrumors 68000

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prime85 View Post
It's sad when a 6 month old phone is considered an older model
It's halfway through its life cycle. That's an "older" model.
w00t951 is offline   2 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPhone