Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Gavtheskav

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Oct 2, 2010
Liverpool. Uk
Having used ios 7 on my ipad and iphone 4, I have hated nearly every aspect of it for the past month. My iphone 4 has became unusable because it is not upto the job of running ios7 (it was perfect on 6!). Maybe I'm paranoid and think apple done this so to make us update to the the latest device? Either way it made me intqrigued to try android os. And to be fair. For what I want out of my devices it seems ok. Especially moving my music over to google music in the cloud, which is one of the main functions of my phone.

osx11

macrumors 6502a
Jan 16, 2011
Having used ios 7 on my ipad and iphone 4, I have hated nearly every aspect of it for the past month. My iphone 4 has became unusable because it is not upto the job of running ios7 (it was perfect on 6!). Maybe I'm paranoid and think apple done this so to make us update to the the latest device? Either way it made me intqrigued to try android os. And to be fair. For what I want out of my devices it seems ok. Especially moving my music over to google music in the cloud, which is one of the main functions of my phone.

Goodbye! You'll be back in a year. You have been warned.

Apple provides the best user experience, and it does that best with its newest devices. Always been that way, always going to be that way.

JPNFRK7

macrumors 6502a
Sep 27, 2012
California

Don't let the door hit you on the way out... You will be back.

RoboCop001

macrumors 68000
Oct 4, 2005
Toronto, Canada

Did you update to 7.0.3? Because I saw a huge improvement for my iPhone 4.

Armen

macrumors 604
Apr 30, 2013
Los Angeles

Goodbye. I'll save you a spot when you come back with the iphone 6 and complain about iOS 8.

Gavtheskav

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Oct 2, 2010
Liverpool. Uk
Goodbye! You'll be back in a year. You have been warned.

Apple provides the best user experience, and it does that best with its newest devices. Always been that way, always going to be that way.

Maybe... I just feel cheated by installing the awful ios7. I really liked the way my phone was.

Maybe I'll feel different next year but im definitely not upgrading to iphone 5 c/s because ios 7 made my phone awfull. I'd rather give android a go. Seems bit ok the last few days I've used it.

Makes me angry though because I loved the way it was

utcoug

macrumors member
Mar 31, 2010
I can understand your feelings

I thought about getting an Android device, but in the end, the simplicity of the Apple devices and the ecosystem wins. Some people see it (Apple ecosystem) as a curse, I see it as a perk. The reason why Apple devices score so well on user reviews is because the hardware and software are well designed, together. The iPhone 4 wasn't that great on iOS6 in my opinion. I never keep my phones past 2 years so what do I know.:cool:

Small White Car

macrumors G4
Aug 29, 2006
Washington DC
My iphone 4 has became unusable because it is not upto the job of running ios7

iPhone 4, huh?

And buying a 4S, 5, 5s, or 5C is out of the question for you, apparently.

So since buying a new phone is off the table for you I guess this means you're going to buy an Android phone from 2010. And since 3 year old Android phones run 2013 software with no problem that should be a great plan. Have fun!

Gavtheskav

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Oct 2, 2010
Liverpool. Uk
Btw I'm not a troll. Just a fan that's angry the way ios7 made my ip4 crap

Yeah. Installed 7.0.3. Made it a bit better but the framrate overall is rubbish. Music app is hideous. Too much white. Oh and the phone app is way too slow

----------

Why exactly did you feel the need to make a new thread just to say you're leaving? Not like anyone is going to miss you anyways.

Just wondering if any one felt the same way :rolleyes:

Last edited by a moderator:

Nanasaki

macrumors 6502
Oct 26, 2010
Btw I'm not a troll. Just a fan that's angry the way ios7 made my ip4 crap

Yeah. Installed 7.0.3. Made it a bit better but the framrate overall is rubbish. Music app is hideous. Too much white. Oh and the phone app is way too slow

----------

Just wondering if any one felt the same way :rolleyes:

I am totally fine with iOS 7, but I left iPhone long time ago. Almost a year paste still loving Nexus 4. iOS is just plain old... Even with all new UI, it is still old...

AppleFanatic10

macrumors 68030
Nov 2, 2010
Hawthorne, CA

Not saying you should upgrade, but iOS 7 is really laggy on the 4... I really don't think that the 4 was made for iOS 7. But good luck on your next phone, see you back here in a year or two! :D

costabunny

macrumors 68020
May 15, 2008
Weymouth, UK
sorry for the negative comments; sheesh some people ;)

Always good to see people prepared to say out loud that they like something because it fits their needs or personal preference. Who knows maybe one day apple will lure you back; but if not - enjoy the most out of whichever devices you choose :)

Good luck amigo x

(for the record I am an Apple Fan yes; but not to the extent where I look down upon anyone with differing opinions!)

scoop2mylue

macrumors 6502a
Sep 8, 2010
Indiana
iPhone 4, huh?

And buying a 4S, 5, 5s, or 5C is out of the question for you, apparently.

So since buying a new phone is off the table for you I guess this means you're going to buy an Android phone from 2010. And since 3 year old Android phones run 2013 software with no problem that should be a great plan. Have fun!

+1 was thinking the same thing

sunking101

macrumors 604
Sep 19, 2013
The bottom line is that people with an iPhone 4 should have stuck with iOS 5.
People with an iPhone 4S should have stuck with iOS 6.

Those with an iPhone 5 who value their battery life should also have stuck with iOS 6.

Apple should make it clear the effects a newer o/s will have on older devices because it can render them positively awful to use. I for one have learned my lesson and will never update iOS to a new number, I will only install incremental updates but never go from 7 to 8 for example. I will save the big leaps for a new handset because I've been burned.

MacDawg

Moderator emeritus
Mar 20, 2004
"Between the Hedges"
For everyone who complains that iOS 7 made their iPhone 4 rubbish there would have been an equal if not bigger outrage if Apple had excluded the iPhone 4 from running iOS 7

Apple gave the user the choice to install the update or not

Oh well, cue the torches and pitchforks over not being able to go back to iOS 6 now...

acctman

macrumors 65816
Oct 26, 2012
Georgia
be lucky you were able to update to iOS 7. the same people would have complained about not getting iOS 7 and having to buy a new device.

osx11

macrumors 6502a
Jan 16, 2011
Maybe... I just feel cheated by installing the awful ios7. I really liked the way my phone was.

Maybe I'll feel different next year but im definitely not upgrading to iphone 5 c/s because ios 7 made my phone awfull. I'd rather give android a go. Seems bit ok the last few days I've used it.

Makes me angry though because I loved the way it was

Apple makes radical changes sometimes. It's part of progress. Just think about floppy drives, disc drives, ethernet ports.........technology changes, software changes. It's the nature of life and the nature of Apple.

I know first hand how iOS 7 works on an iPhone 4. Just turn "reduce motion" on and it should work much better.

C DM

macrumors Sandy Bridge
Oct 17, 2011
For everyone who complains that iOS 7 made their iPhone 4 rubbish there would have been an equal if not bigger outrage if Apple had excluded the iPhone 4 from running iOS 7

Oh well, cue the torches and pitchforks over not being able to go back to iOS 6 now...
Exactly, what Apple isn't providing is a way to downgrade, which can be quite useful in cases like this.

----------

The bottom line is that people with an iPhone 4 should have stuck with iOS 5.
People with an iPhone 4S should have stuck with iOS 6.

Those with an iPhone 5 who value their battery life should also have stuck with iOS 6.

Apple should make it clear the effects a newer o/s will have on older devices because it can render them positively awful to use. I for one have learned my lesson and will never update iOS to a new number, I will only install incremental updates but never go from 7 to 8 for example. I will save the big leaps for a new handset because I've been burned.
Although in a very general sense it's sort of true, it's not really the case a lot of the time either. iPhone 5 for a lot of people has the same kind of battery life with iOS 7 as it did with iOS 6, although certainly there are those who have it worse. iPhone 4 often did fine with iOS 6 as well, although perhaps in some general sense iOS 5 might have performed better. There have even been reports that for some people with iPhone 3GS that iOS 6 worked out better as far as performance than iOS 5 which was somewhat bad for quite a few people.

Markyyy

macrumors regular
Aug 1, 2013

Apple gave users a choice? Say someone chooses to stay with iOS6. What happens if their phone encounters an issue that requires them to restore it? They won't be able to restore iOS6. They'll have NO choice but to 'restore' to iOS7. So no, the user isn't being given a choice.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.