Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.
Status
Not open for further replies.

haruhiko

macrumors 604
Sep 29, 2009
If you are using an Android phone from 2010, do you think you will even be able to upgrade to the newest Android OS? No. Hell No. And you judge the current iOS and the whole ecosystem by a 3.5 year old phone. Marvellous. Maybe you can go to buy a Nexus One and then experience it then you will find how bad it is and then yelling in an Android forum that you're going back to the iPhone.

mynamefrommytwo

macrumors newbie
Oct 22, 2013
There should be a choice

Apple tries to convince customers that they NEED to upgrade to fix their problems and if you send it in to get fixed, they do it to your device.
And sometimes people just want to try it to see if they like it...

Whats the harm... THERE IS NO TURNING BACK.. YOU do NOT have the freedom to return YOUR OWN PROPERTY TO ITS ORIGINAL OS.

WHY, because you are all SHEEP and Apple, like Microsoft, are SHEEP FURMKERS... Follow the hard, go to the direction your pointed to and take it the way they give it to you.
Now for those who resist, or simply ask apple to help in apple forums, your post WILL BE DELETED as they CAN NOT LET YOU INFLUENCE THE REST OF THE HERD.

So, if ANYBODY has a solution to the problem where as we can not revert back to our previous iOS or earlier, PLEASE for the love of God, share!!!

iPhone4, Iphone5, and iPad, network Airstation.
I don't know about all you folks, but I PAID for my devices, therefore those device are MINE and MINE ALONE and the space they contain for storage is MY real-estate and MINE ALONE. I should be fully allowed to revert and should not be nagged by the updates.

I have now dug out my old Polaris 6.0 dumb phone, set up IBM PC compatible and an Android tab that I have already customized and runs like a dream the way I WANT not the way goofle, microshaft or rotten apple wants..

I pay for it, its my way or the highway.. MY hard labor goes into buying the devices I use.
THE LAW GIVES YOU THE RIGHT TO A FULL REFUND!!!!!

petsounds

macrumors 65816
Jun 30, 2007
I'm just curious why you would immediately upgrade your iPhone 4 to iOS 7 when it's on the bottom end of the supported devices list, and doesn't even support all the features due to hardware limitations? I mean, my experience with past devices has been that updating an iPhone that's just barely supported by the new OS is a bad experience. For instance, my 3gs became a pile of junk after it was upgraded to iOS 5.

So my advice to anyone whose device is the oldest iPhone/iPad on the supported list, just don't upgrade. I know it's tempting to have the shiny new thing, but don't. Either buy a new device, or come to terms with the fact that it is outdated hardware and enjoy it with the OS that runs well on it.

braddick

macrumors 68040
Jun 28, 2009
Encinitas, CA
For everyone who complains that iOS 7 made their iPhone 4 rubbish there would have been an equal if not bigger outrage if Apple had excluded the iPhone 4 from running iOS 7

Apple gave the user the choice to install the update or not

Oh well, cue the torches and pitchforks over not being able to go back to iOS 6 now...

Not accurate.
There's been zero outrage from 3GS owners who likewise are unable to run iOS7 on their iPhones.

rtomyj

macrumors 6502a
Sep 3, 2012
Apple tries to convince customers that they NEED to upgrade to fix their problems and if you send it in to get fixed, they do it to your device.
And sometimes people just want to try it to see if they like it...

Whats the harm... THERE IS NO TURNING BACK.. YOU do NOT have the freedom to return YOUR OWN PROPERTY TO ITS ORIGINAL OS.

WHY, because you are all SHEEP and Apple, like Microsoft, are SHEEP FURMKERS... Follow the hard, go to the direction your pointed to and take it the way they give it to you.
Now for those who resist, or simply ask apple to help in apple forums, your post WILL BE DELETED as they CAN NOT LET YOU INFLUENCE THE REST OF THE HERD.

So, if ANYBODY has a solution to the problem where as we can not revert back to our previous iOS or earlier, PLEASE for the love of God, share!!!

iPhone4, Iphone5, and iPad, network Airstation.
I don't know about all you folks, but I PAID for my devices, therefore those device are MINE and MINE ALONE and the space they contain for storage is MY real-estate and MINE ALONE. I should be fully allowed to revert and should not be nagged by the updates.

I have now dug out my old Polaris 6.0 dumb phone, set up IBM PC compatible and an Android tab that I have already customized and runs like a dream the way I WANT not the way goofle, microshaft or rotten apple wants..

I pay for it, its my way or the highway.. MY hard labor goes into buying the devices I use.
THE LAW GIVES YOU THE RIGHT TO A FULL REFUND!!!!!

Your right I PAID for it. So that means the manufacture has to do EVERYTHING in it power FOR ME. I believe Apple has so I guess in a sheep. Hmm.. Find a new insult bud. ANDROID or THE OTHER OS seems to not do this. You have to go out of your way to make your phone useable it seems from your post.. NOT what I PAID FOR.

OP, you have a 3 year device. With phones, the age really shows. Apple did it's best IMO but whatever. Switch. Don't make a new thread about it, just switch quietly and don't make it a PSA or whatever your going for. You literally said. I hate iOS 7, it's slow, I'm going to Android.. Who cares? Either post something with some substance to start a conversation or don't do it at all.

j4zb4

macrumors 6502a
Oct 15, 2011
Goodbye Gavtheskav

ps, next time you shouldn't use a phone that's 3.5 years old.

No, you can use a phone for as many years as you wish... Just don't expect it to run the latest software like a breeze 3-4 years down the line...!

applegeek25

macrumors regular
Jun 6, 2010
Toronto, ON
I think iOS7 does have a lot of potential, but it's going to take time for it to mature. Some of the complaints that I hear are definitely reasonable (i.e. font sizes, lack of traditional UI elements, etc.) and even more so when considering the simplicity behind previous versions. I was always amazed at how even a toddler could quickly learn how to use an iPhone/iPad within minutes of touching it. I'm not sure if that's still possible at this point.

Technically you're not forced to upgrade to iOS7, but don't expect developers to continue updating legacy versions of their apps. That's really the loss to not upgrading to the latest and greatest version of iOS.

BvizioN

macrumors 603
Mar 16, 2012
Manchester, UK
Maybe... I just feel cheated by installing the awful ios7. I really liked the way my phone was.

Maybe I'll feel different next year but im definitely not upgrading to iphone 5 c/s because ios 7 made my phone awfull. I'd rather give android a go. Seems bit ok the last few days I've used it.

Makes me angry though because I loved the way it was

Android is good OS but personaly I would not have it over iOS. Just curious, what is it that ennoys you so much about iOS 7? i Really love almost everything about it. Maybe because I am on iPhone 5s but for me is the best iOS so far. Yes, there appears to be some buggs (like right now having one with the app store where I can not update apps) but like the direction Apple is heading with iOS. I have an iPad touch forth generation runnung iOS 6 I have to be honset with you, it looks antice and awful!

applegeek25

macrumors regular
Jun 6, 2010
Toronto, ON
Android is good OS but personaly I would not have it over iOS. Just curious, what is it that ennoys you so much about iOS 7? i Really love almost everything about it. Maybe because I am on iPhone 5s but for me is the best iOS so far. Yes, there appears to be some buggs

iOS7 is incredibly valuable to users who also own a Mac. We're starting to really see Apple focus on integration between iOS and OSX where it counts. You'd be surprised how useful Safari's iCloud Tabs and the new OSX Maps Send-To-iPhone features have become.

Software bugs will always exist in every product (as long as humans are the ones writing the code lol).

Tamagotchi

macrumors 6502
Jun 13, 2013
Having used ios 7 on my ipad and iphone 4, I have hated nearly every aspect of it for the past month. My iphone 4 has became unusable because it is not upto the job of running ios7 (it was perfect on 6!). Maybe I'm paranoid and think apple done this so to make us update to the the latest device? Either way it made me intqrigued to try android os. And to be fair. For what I want out of my devices it seems ok. Especially moving my music over to google music in the cloud, which is one of the main functions of my phone.

The Nexus 5 should be coming out today. I recommend you get that phone.

Goodbye! You'll be back in a year. You have been warned.

Apple provides the best user experience, and it does that best with its newest devices. Always been that way, always going to be that way.

You have no idea what you are talking about...

Sital

macrumors 68020
May 31, 2012
New England
Btw I'm not a troll. Just a fan that's angry the way ios7 made my ip4 crap

Yeah. Installed 7.0.3. Made it a bit better but the framrate overall is rubbish. Music app is hideous. Too much white. Oh and the phone app is way too slow

----------

Just wondering if any one felt the same way :rolleyes:

If you start a thread with just this, you end of with a multi-page thread of people agreeing with you. But mention that you're thinking of leaving iPhone because of it and you end up with a multi-page thread of people mocking you. :rolleyes:

KALLT

macrumors 603
Sep 23, 2008
Just curious, what is it that ennoys you so much about iOS 7?

You seem to have missed his principal point, which is overall bad performance on an iPhone 4 and no option to go back. The iPhone 4 is eligible for the update and you cannot avoid iOS 7 forever, unless you specifically choose to never ever restore your device.

As we have seen a couple of days ago, the iPhone 4 still seems to represent about 20% of all iPhones in use, which is a pretty big group for Apple to displease like that. I am an iPhone 4 owner myself and was lucky to be able to restore just in time before Apple stopped signing iOS 6. The difference in performance is incredible, iOS 6 provides a much better experience for me. I am going to use my iPhone 4 for a while, as it still satisfies my needs. I just hope I don't have to restore.

Like the thread starter, Apple really put me off with this update. Not just by disregarding user choice, but also because I think iOS 7 is an indicator of some changes at Apple that I am not happy with. Some of the things I really loved about my iPhone are gone with iOS 7 and the touch-friendly UI (i.e. real buttons and all) is one of them. So why not look elsewhere? There are plenty of misconceptions about Android devices, especially among iPhone users, and many of my friends seem to be really happy with them. I played around with a couple of Android phones and they impressed me more than I thought. The UI is really smooth, it is nothing like a couple of years ago. It is at least worth a shot.

applegeek25

macrumors regular
Jun 6, 2010
Toronto, ON
There are plenty of misconceptions about Android devices, especially among iPhone users, and many of my friends seem to be really happy with them. I played around with a couple of Android phones and they impressed me more than I thought. The UI is really smooth, it is nothing like a couple of years ago. It is at least worth a shot.

It really comes down to personal preference. There are a lot of decent high-end Android devices on the market that were unimaginable even two years ago. It's no secret that Apple controls the user experience more than the rest. It's both a blessing and a curse. If you own other Apple products, then you'll tend to appreciate the convenient of iCloud, iTunes, and iWork.

borostef

macrumors 6502
Feb 10, 2012
Zagreb, Croatia
Btw I'm not a troll. Just a fan that's angry the way ios7 made my ip4 crap

Yeah. Installed 7.0.3. Made it a bit better but the framrate overall is rubbish. Music app is hideous. Too much white. Oh and the phone app is way too slow

----------

Just wondering if any one felt the same way :rolleyes:

I feel the same way about iOS 7, hate it... Luckily I rolled back to iOS 6 while it was still possible and will be avoiding iOS 7 for as long as I can.
I totally understand your disappointment... As to all of those helpful comments saying things like "Bye, you won't be missed", just ignore them... Some people just think that this is the place for confessing undying love for all things Apple and nothing else...

KALLT

macrumors 603
Sep 23, 2008
It really comes down to personal preference. There are a lot of decent high-end Android devices on the market that were unimaginable even two years ago. It's no secret that Apple controls the user experience more than the rest. It's both a blessing and a curse. If you own other Apple products, then you'll tend to appreciate the convenient of iCloud, iTunes, and iWork.

It depends on how deep you're in the ecosystem and how much you are willing to give up. You can continue using your iCloud account for mails, calendars and contacts, but not for iLife and iWork apps and iTunes. But similar services and apps do exist on Android too and Google provides alternatives.

applegeek25

macrumors regular
Jun 6, 2010
Toronto, ON
It depends on how deep you'er into the ecosystem and how much you are willing to give up. You can continue using your iCloud account for mails, calendars and contacts, but not for iLife and iWork apps and iTunes. But similar services do exist on Android too.

Exactly. The longer you own multiple Apple products, the further you get into the ecosystem. Your apps and iTunes purchases become a significant investment that you won't easily walk away from (even if you can run iTunes on Windows).

BvizioN

macrumors 603
Mar 16, 2012
Manchester, UK
There are plenty of misconceptions about Android devices, especially among iPhone users, and many of my friends seem to be really happy with them. I played around with a couple of Android phones and they impressed me more than I thought. The UI is really smooth, it is nothing like a couple of years ago. It is at least worth a shot.

It's not a misscpnception! It's a fanboised or having had not so pleasent experience with Android. I have used jelly bean for a while few months ago, nothing to be amazed but not bad either.Actually far better then the ice cream sandwich I have used over a year ago. Some of my friends who use android argue it's better because they can download free music, music videos and movies (torrent stuff) that Apple does not let you to. That just tells you a lot.

As for the over 3 years old iPhone 4 you are complaining about, what can I say. Good luck on trying to keep that device forever and be able to do anything on it.

applegeek25

macrumors regular
Jun 6, 2010
Toronto, ON
It's not a misscpnception! It's a fanboised or having had not so pleasent experience with Android. I have used jelly bean for a while few months ago, nothing to be amazed but not bad either.Actually far better then the ice cream sandwich I have used over a year ago. Some of my friends who use android argue it's better because they can download free music, music videos and movies (torrent stuff) that Apple does not let you to. That just tells you a lot.

As for the over 3 years old iPhone 4 you are complaining about, what can I say. Good luck on trying to keep that device forever and be able to do anything on it.

Apple has always marketed their products based on simplicity. I swear Steve Jobs must've trademarked the phrase "it just works." It's true though. Most consumers want to consume or create content without having to worry about the technical details.

JaySoul

macrumors 68030
Jan 30, 2008
I put iOS 7 on my Mum's iPhone 4 and kinda wish I hadn't.

So I see where the OP is coming from, in fairness.

7.0.3 was a bit better but unless 7.0.4 is a major improvement, I'll straight out regret it.

On my iPhone 5, it's cool.

KALLT

macrumors 603
Sep 23, 2008

You are missing the point again. That I choose to keep my iPhone 4 is my own decision and I am not complaining about it. I know that my device is 'old', but it still performs exceptionally well and does all the things I ask it to do. With the exception of two apps, all my apps are still up to date and compatible with iOS 6. There is no urgency to upgrade to iOS 7, there has not been a 'push' yet. Since I don't like many of the updates anyway, I don't feel the urge to upgrade at all, as long as my apps continue to work. If they don't, then I have to accept that. It's as simple as that.

What I'm complaining about, and I think that is the main grief of this thread, is that Apple does not give us the option to just be happy and stick with what we have. Why do I have to install iOS 7 whenever I restore my device? Why can I not go back when the performance is lacklustre? Why is the performance of iOS 7 so bad to begin with? It's either Apple's way or no way, and if iOS 7 does not run well on your device, well, that sucks for you.

Giuly

macrumors 68040
My iphone 4 has became unusable because it is not upto the job of running ios7 (it was perfect on 6!).

I think everyone who's used both iOS 6 and iOS 7 on an iPhone 4 disagrees with that. It was already heavily unsnappy on iOS 6. The iPhone 3G was completely unusable on iOS 4. There's also a high probability that the iPhone 5 will be unusable by iOS 8 or iOS 9.

So what, get yourself an iPhone 5c to replace it if you're happy with your iPhone 4.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.