Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MacRumors

macrumors bot
Original poster
Apr 12, 2001

Following launches in a number of other countries around the world earlier today, the iPhone 6 and 6 Plus have now begun going on sale in the U.S. and Canada, with 8:00 AM Apple launch times in the eastern and central portions of the countries having already occurred.

As expected, supplies of the iPhone 6 Plus have been tight in some cases, although perhaps not as low as originally thought. Apple's own stores appear to have the strongest supplies of the iPhone 6 Plus, with carrier stores in some cases having barely a handful of units to distribute.

eaton_centre_iphone_6_line.jpg
iPhone 6 line at Toronto's Eaton Centre Apple store snaking through multiple levels (via @KristinaParts)
Lines at most stores, particularly Apple's own locations, are long in most cases, despite the company having offered pre-orders for delivery this year. As of 6:00 AM, the line at Apple's flagship Fifth Avenue store in Manhattan stretched for twelve city blocks, according to Business Insider. Other locations are obviously seeing shorter lines, but many customers are reporting lines numbering in the hundreds at their stores.

Some MacRumors forum members are updating their statuses in our iPhone 6 Launch Meetups forum while others are sharing their thoughts in our general iPhone forum as the launch continues.

For those with pre-orders going out for delivery today, our forums remain busy as users track their orders minute-by-minute. MacRumors forum members in the U.S. are generally organizing in one of a number of threads depending on where they ordered from.

- The "I just bought/ordered/shipped/received my new iPhone 6/6 Plus" thread
- iPhone 6 & 6 Plus Sprint Pre-Order Thread!
- T-Mobile.com preorder thread
- ATT Pre-order status
- VZW Order Status Thread
- Apple.com Pre-order thread

Those who already received their iPhones can post first impressions in our forums of their iPhone 6 or iPhone 6 Plus.

Article Link: iPhone 6 and 6 Plus Go On Sale in U.S. and Canada to Huge Lines

Suspended
Dec 6, 2012
Hey, anyone standing in line, please pick me up an extra 6 for me.

In the meantime I will keep working to be able to pay you when you come over with the nice white box.

Thank you!

:D

anek007

macrumors regular
Jul 30, 2014
I hate to be the person who waited hours and hours and to find out they just sold the last one.

Jmarziano

macrumors member
Sep 15, 2012
Philadelphia
Got my 6 plus this morning! It's amazing. Anyone on the fence should def go for the 6 plus. I got lucky and was first in line at my att store and they had only 4 plus and luckily the color and storage size that I wanted! So happy! Good luck everyone

AntoineLec

macrumors member
Jul 31, 2012
What happened to the guys that were waiting outside of the NYC Apple Store on the 9th of september ? Were they at least in front of those lines ?? Or did they leave after the presentation of the iPhone 6 ?

the8thark

macrumors 601
Apr 18, 2011
This is a day you're going to tell your kids about.
Already happened. The USA is just at the back end of that day. But still a part of it. One of the last countries to get the phone on opening day.

The USA is not the only country to get the phones in the world.

Rogifan

macrumors Penryn
Nov 14, 2011
On CNBC they said the line at the flagship NYC store is 20 blocks long. That's nuts.

GuitarDTO

macrumors 6502a
Feb 16, 2011
The 6+ is going to be a unicorn. Congrats to those who get one. Local verizon here had NONE! not a single effing 1.

peterh988

macrumors 6502a
Jun 5, 2011
I hate to be the person who finds out that they waited hours and hours and to find out they just sold the last one.

Yep, being 'on the bubble' (as poker players refer to the last person to be knocked out of a tournament before the payouts kick in) must be the worst place to be!

rrrahu1

macrumors member
Oct 27, 2011
New York
What is the point?

Seriously, why wait on line when you could have pre-ordered and had it delivered to your front door, free of charge, on the 19th?

People amaze me.

go ipad

macrumors member
Oct 25, 2012
Checked local VZW store, Target, and Radioshack. No luck for me. Target and Radioshak had no lines and got some iPhones in stock but, told me that they are for people who pre-orderd.

Guess I will just wait for my delivery, on 10/12 :D

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.