Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MacRumors

macrumors bot
Original poster
Apr 12, 2001

Ahead of Apple's Chinese launch of the iPhone 6 and 6 Plus later this week, Apple today confirmed the launch of its new handset models in 36 additional countries and territories by the end of October. In its fastest rollout ever, Apple expects to launch the iPhone in 115 countries by the end of the year.

iphone6-stock-photo.jpg
The next round of launches coming this month will include countries in Europe, Asia, the Middle East, Africa and Latin America.
o Friday, October 17: China, India and Monaco

o Thursday, October 23: Israel

o Friday, October 24: Czech Republic, French West Indies, Greenland, Malta, Poland, Reunion Island and South Africa

o Thursday, October 30: Bahrain and Kuwait

o Friday, October 31: Albania, Bosnia, Croatia, Estonia, Greece, Guam, Hungary, Iceland, Kosovo, Latvia, Lithuania, Macau, Macedonia, Mexico, Moldova, Montenegro, Serbia, South Korea, Romania, Slovakia, Slovenia, Ukraine and Thailand
Apple has been busy with new products this fall in a product lineup that has been described by Eddy Cue as being "the best product pipeline that I've seen in my 25 years at Apple." Apple already announced the new iPhone 6, iPhone 6 Plus and the Apple watch at a press event held last month. An upcoming October event is expected to unveil new iPad models, new iMacs and possibly new Mac minis.

Article Link: Apple to Launch iPhone 6 and 6 Plus in 36 Additional Countries During October

Oblivious.Robot

macrumors 6502a
Sep 15, 2014
iPhone 6 or 6 Plus, I still haven't decided yet. :confused:

Wish they had 32Gb base model, now instead have to spend more for 64Gb.
Seriously what fits in a 16Gb version anymore? Greedy much :apple: ?

Reactions: Junior.Nguyen

davew41

macrumors member
Jul 8, 2013
I guess when you let them fly off the assembly line full of bugs its easy to get millions out....

Apple needs to focus on quality not quantity, Glad I still held onto my 5s...

maybe they will get it right with the iphone 6s ???

PinkyMacGodess

Suspended
Mar 7, 2007
Midwest America.
And yet stock of *ANY* iPhone 6+ is totally nonexistent.

From looking at stock levels in istocknow, this could be one of the worst managed launches Apple has ever done. And there are how many threads with people whining about their iPhones taking so long to arrive?

apparatchik

macrumors 6502a
Mar 6, 2008
If they count Reunión Island as an "aditional country" no wonder how they get to 115 countries "fastest roll out" yet, whats the allotment for Reunión? 15 phones?

As always I expect Mexico to be severely supply restricted well into the holiday season, last year I was just able to buy the space gray 32GB unlocked 5S I wanted until January. Despite looking literally everywhere, as I was travelling abroad for Christmas and needed the phone to stay connected. :confused:

phenoplastic

macrumors member
May 30, 2010
It's already hard enough to find the 64Gb Black anywhere in the UK, now the shortages will get worse...

deviant

macrumors 65816
Oct 27, 2007
As long as you use your phone for only phone calls you should be fine with 16gb

That is just plain stupid. I have my whole iTunes match library, (10000 songs) A LOT of photos in the cloud, around 80 apps and still 5gb free.

ghost187

macrumors 6502a
Mar 18, 2010
There is absolutely no chance supply meets demand by the end of the year world wide. In January earnings report we will know how many phones Apple was able to produce.

sunapple

macrumors 68030
Jul 16, 2013
The Netherlands
All these posts about people who are still waiting for the 6 make me feel like I haven't wasted an hour and a half standing in line. Three weeks ago. :p

CoolFLBeaches

macrumors newbie
Oct 13, 2014
Really?

Launches to all these countries when yesterday I get another email that my shipment dates have yet been moved back once again. Our 6 and 6 plus have been on order for weeks and we won't even get ours until after all the scheduled launches. The 6 plus is scheduled for the end of Nov for shipment.:(

Dave Felix

macrumors 6502a
Apr 9, 2011
Scranton, Pennsylvania

Other generation iPhones were 300 for the 32GB.. it's now 300 for 64GB. I agree Apple should ditch the whole 16GB but 64GB for an extra 100 isn't bad.

Bug-Creator

macrumors 68000
May 30, 2011
Germany
It's already hard enough to find the 64Gb Black anywhere in the UK, now the shortages will get worse...

Why should they ??

Apart from China Apple won't able to sell 1 day's production in any of the countries listed.

On the other hand one should expect production to be really ramped up by now and focussed on the most popular models/configs.

Chupa Chupa

macrumors G5
Jul 16, 2002
That is just plain stupid. I have my whole iTunes match library, (10000 songs) A LOT of photos in the cloud, around 80 apps and still 5gb free.

Sure, but that's not what OP said. He said if you use your phone as a phone, 16GB is OK. I think he was being sarcastic since Apple doesn't market the iPhone as "just" a phone and people don't buy iPhones to use solely as a phone.

I Am Designer™

macrumors regular
Sep 20, 2007
London, UK
And yet stock of *ANY* iPhone 6+ is totally nonexistent.

this could be one of the worst managed launches Apple has ever done.

'Worst...' Really?! Just because you don't have your phone yet doesnt make the biggest ever roll out the worst roll out!

I wish my company could sell out of all it's stock at a massive profit margin and then sell every single new item as it litterally comes off the production line!!

At the rate these things are selling they would have had to have started stockpiling them months and months ago. Which means they would have leaked horrendously, and they would have been stockpiling massive amounts of inventory which is never good.

There was a story years ago about Tim Cook bringing just in time inventory to Apple, they hold very little warehouse stock and this is a good thing for Apple as a business, in fact for just about any manufacturing business.

Last edited:

lotzosushi

macrumors 6502
Jan 10, 2007
Hopefully scalpers can finally stop buying up all the stock from people who actually want to buy and use them in the US. :rolleyes:

cameronjpu

macrumors 65816
Aug 24, 2007

This is exactly why Apple's iPhone asp will be massively up this year.

Freida

Suspended
Oct 22, 2010

Don't be an ignorant. Grandma won't use the iPhone the same way as you so there are still people that 16GB is plenty!
Also, its good that the next step is 64GB as we essentially get 32gb for free!
I think its win-win situation for everyone and clever move from Apple

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.