Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

cameronjpu

macrumors 65816
Aug 24, 2007
Cue the racist xenophobic and business-stupid complaints about Apple starting to sell in other counties before meeting the demand of every white person who wants a phone first.

----------

Hopefully scalpers can finally stop buying up all the stock from people who actually want to buy and use them in the US. :rolleyes:

Aaaaaand there it is

qstyler

macrumors newbie
Mar 3, 2011
iPhone 6 or 6 Plus, I still haven't decided yet. :confused:

Wish they had 32Gb base model, now instead have to spend more for 64Gb.
Seriously what fits in a 16Gb version anymore? Greedy much :apple: ?

I'm totally fine with 16GB. I was actually quite fine with 8GB and felt just slightly uncomfortable.

I don't have gigs of music and keep download four or five dj-mixes on the phone. To listen on the road where there is no internet available. For other music I have internet radios.

I don't watch movies on my iPhone because I'm a driver and that's quite unsafe to do this while driving :)

I tried to watch “Sunny Philadelphia” once in a trip and got nausea watching series in the bus.

The only massive thing I keep on my device are the maps for my Sygic navigator and Maps.me app (which I really recommend for offline browsing).

So that's why I had 7,5 GB on my previous 4thgen iPhone and felt slightly uncomfortable when I was going to get some more dj-mixes for the long road.

Now (for a day already! yay!) I'm having iPhone 6 (yay! again) with only (?) 16GB and totally satisfied with it.

So I would've probably bought 32GB version just in case but never 64GB because it's definitely not my case.

Last edited:

mad3inch1na

macrumors 6502a
Oct 21, 2013
Other generation iPhones were 300 for the 32GB.. it's now 300 for 64GB. I agree Apple should ditch the whole 16GB but 64GB for an extra 100 isn't bad.

64GB for an extra 100$ is really bad. Sure, relative to last year it is great, but the simple fact of the matter is that Apple is price gouging.

Oblivious.Robot

macrumors 6502a
Sep 15, 2014
I'm not certain if most people get the point or not.
32Gb is by no means free when you're purchasing a 64Gb version.
If the initial model was 32Gb itself, which is long overdue anyway most need not pay the extra 100$ for the 64Gb. :(

To the one saying 16Gb is enough, you're using cloud storage. You really think every country has unlimited data plans? Also good luck with OTA updates with 5Gb of what you have left. :rolleyes:

CB1234

macrumors 6502a
Sep 20, 2012
Dubai, UAE
6 & 6+ launched in India same time as China..

Now considering size of the population there, I wonder what the order book looks like for Apple in India??

I know iPhone isn't as popular there, but still a small percentage of a huge population should still bring up a significant sale number...

Does anyone know?

cocky jeremy

Suspended
Jul 12, 2008

Not greedy, smart.

I guess when you let them fly off the assembly line full of bugs its easy to get millions out....

Apple needs to focus on quality not quantity, Glad I still held onto my 5s...

maybe they will get it right with the iphone 6s ???

What bugs? Mine is perfectly fine. Phone and iOS 8.

Tzerlag

macrumors regular
Oct 1, 2014
I'm baaaaack
Don't be an ignorant. Grandma won't use the iPhone the same way as you so there are still people that 16GB is plenty!
Also, its good that the next step is 64GB as we essentially get 32gb for free!
I think its win-win situation for everyone and clever move from Apple

I agree but I'd wager the 16gb offerings end with this model. Especially in light of the extra space needed for ota iOS 8 update.

I'm wonder if they'll drop the 16gb iPad soon, too.

JHankwitz

macrumors 68000
Oct 31, 2005
Wisconsin
I guess when you let them fly off the assembly line full of bugs its easy to get millions out....

They will get it right with the 6 and 6+. Early adopters always pay a price for their lack of patience. Customer demand forces Apple to rush products to market. People complain when they don't get products updated fast enough, and they complain when they release them too fast. I think they have a good balance most of the time. Just avoid being an early adopter. I have to admit that the Mac-mini has been a bit too long though.

cocky jeremy

Suspended
Jul 12, 2008
Cue the racist xenophobic and business-stupid complaints about Apple starting to sell in other counties before meeting the demand of every white person who wants a phone first.

----------

Aaaaaand there it is

It isn't racist, it's common sense. If I pre-ordered on Sept 12th, or even ordered in late September, I'd be pissed if someone got theirs before me that didn't order until late October.

How was that comment racist? You DO realize there are Asian people in the US, right? And black people? And every other race and color. Not wanting the US models sold elsewhere isn't being racist. You're ridiculous. One of those that cry racism over nothing.

NIKKG

macrumors 6502
Feb 23, 2012
Why doesn't Apple actually fulfill my order first since I ordered the 6+ 128 SG on 9/19 early morning and my delivery date is still between 11/09 to 11/27.

cameronjpu

macrumors 65816
Aug 24, 2007
Not greedy, smart.

Smart surely, greedy definitely.
It kinda goes hand in hand.

It is no more greedy for Apple to want to sell you 64 GB for an extra $100 then it is greedy for you to want them to sell it to you for less. That's what makes capitalism works so well. Both sides of every transaction are greedy and want the most product possible for the least money possible. That constant tug-of-war is what causes capitalism to work.

MacGeek1987

macrumors regular
Sep 11, 2012
New Hampshire, USA

Keeping the 16GB model instead of the 32GB really ticked me off. I know a few people with 8GB and 16GB devices who have had to delete apps and photos to update to iOS 8.

I went with the 6 Plus - I couldn't pass up the larger battery and screen.

KdParker

macrumors 601
Oct 1, 2010
Everywhere
It's already hard enough to find the 64Gb Black anywhere in the UK, now the shortages will get worse...

Not sure that will be the case. Order times 3-4 weeks isnt going to get worse but the demand being so high will only make walking into a store and getting what you want not possible until thanksgiving (around Nov 21 -28th)

flexiboy

Suspended
Jul 25, 2014
London
iphone 6+ lovely

I reserved mine online when stocks refreshed and picked up my iPhone 6+ 126GB in Gold the next day.

People in the office still not got them despite ordering on the day!

KdParker

macrumors 601
Oct 1, 2010
Everywhere

I wish they did too, there are alot of users that just never need the extra memory, but not sure if they can do this with the memory for the 6s.

Guess we will see.

KPOM

macrumors P6
Oct 23, 2010
And yet stock of *ANY* iPhone 6+ is totally nonexistent.

From looking at stock levels in istocknow, this could be one of the worst managed launches Apple has ever done. And there are how many threads with people whining about their iPhones taking so long to arrive?

I remember the lines in NYC being long for weeks after the 4s was released. It wasn't until December that supply finally started catching up.

deviant

macrumors 65816
Oct 27, 2007
Don't be an ignorant. Grandma won't use the iPhone the same way as you so there are still people that 16GB is plenty!
Also, its good that the next step is 64GB as we essentially get 32gb for free!
I think its win-win situation for everyone and clever move from Apple

I think you ought to reread what the OP said and what I replied. I have a 16gb Plus myself. It's enough for everything you can imagine doing with it, considering there is iTunes match and iCloud.

Thunderhawks

Suspended
Feb 17, 2009

Please define "Full of bugs" and let us know the percentage of shipped vs. produced of "full of bugs" phones.

You have no way of knowing an thus your comment disqualifies itself.

iKaushal

macrumors 6502
Jun 7, 2011
Mumbai, India
6 & 6+ launched in India same time as China..

Now considering size of the population there, I wonder what the order book looks like for Apple in India??

I know iPhone isn't as popular there, but still a small percentage of a huge population should still bring up a significant sale number...

Does anyone know?

iPhones are huge hit in India. A lot of people have a considerable disposable income and the quantity of iPhone sold had risen tremendously since the iPhone 5 over here. Such is the demand since iPhone 5 that people pay premium of about $50 - $100 to get their hands on it first after the official release also.

It may not be near to the china numbers, as local brands like Micromax, Karbon and samsung sell more. But 7 out 10 buyers for premium handsets prefer iPhone to other phones.

Infact I will be going to the store at 16th midnight to get my iPhone 6 Plus - 128 gig

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.