Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

enzo thecat

macrumors 6502
Apr 7, 2010
Midwest USA
I bought an i-Blason. It's scratch-proof (WOW!!!) and the sides are soft and grippy. Much easier to hold than the Apple leather case. Its a wonderful case actually.

jldesutter83

macrumors 6502
Oct 20, 2013
Illinois
I've got the Case-Mate Naked Tough clear case. It's pretty slim! It does scratch but you can't see them unless you are in certain light.

825FCCF0-B953-4686-8538-A6406F476F5C_zps4197b9s0.jpg

2B3D26A6-9F3A-404B-8B29-DDAE06F381B7_zps7dhxbeu6.jpg

C2829588-57FA-4FB5-A5D4-2BFDEDC709B6_zpsjxknwyf6.jpg

E645960E-FC08-4ED1-A3EA-EC913CFF028A_zps5qrxvba0.jpg

NewYorkRanger

macrumors 6502
Oct 27, 2010
Power Support Air Jacket. Some of the above posts are a joke, some of those cases are awful. Look at that camera cutout and logo in that one pic, terrible.

Stay with the best - Power Support.

attachment.php

Last edited:

jsalicru

macrumors regular
Oct 27, 2004
Austin, TX
I do have to agree that the Power Support is nice. Very detailed. More $$, but really nice. I have one on my iPad Air.

Although I will likely join the Power Support band wagon, I have to admit that the Ringke Fusion is quite good

So, super thin, go with Power Support for sure. TPU thicker and save a little cash, go with the Ringke.

jldesutter83

macrumors 6502
Oct 20, 2013
Illinois
Power Support Air Jacket. Some of the above posts are a joke, some of those cases are awful. Look at that camera cutout and logo in that one pic, terrible.

I don't mind the camera cut out or the brand logo...then again I'm not THAT anal about my cases.

3N16MA

macrumors 65816
Jul 23, 2009
Space

The Air Jacket is more about scratch protection than actually having much drop protection.

It is a great looking case that does its job in that department but if someone is looking for a clear case with more drop protection I would stay away.

The Ringke Fusion has more of a lip on the front and back, coverage for the power and volume buttons, , port plugs, and the cutouts are perfectly fine.

It provides good drop protection without being bulky.

Radiating

macrumors 65816
Dec 29, 2011
Any recommendation for the best transparent case for iPhone 6? I bought one last week and I am very disapointed as the case is very slippery, although its sturdy, when I hold it feels like I'm going to drop it.

I'm planning to buy this one iPhone 6 Case ULTRA SLIM iPhone 6 Case 0.6mm Transparent but not sure whether its worth buying or not. any recommendation?

The best case for the iPhone 6 is the Power Support Clear Matte Air jacket.

The case has the same level of glossiness (or lack there of) as the material of the phone, and it takes on the color underneath it, so it literally looks as if you have no case on at all from certain angles.

The finish of the case when you first get it is actually a bit different than what it looks like after you've used it for a few days, it gets darker and gripper when you rub off the surface coating.

wxman2003

Suspended
Apr 12, 2011

The camera lens cutoff on your photo looks poorly done on that PS case.

andrewtm

macrumors regular
Sep 9, 2012
I just placed an order for the Spigen Ultra Hybrid Clear on Amazon for about $12 you can't beat it. The reviews were great on it too so I can't wait to try it

Alex225

macrumors regular
Nov 2, 2012
I've just received the X-Doria Defense 360 case for my iPhone 6.

Been using a Griffin Defender case since I got my 6 as I've always wanted to preserver my phones, purely because I want them to last the 2 years until my next upgrade.

Anyway, I got fed up of the Defender, the screen protector doesn't sit flush and it spoiled the overall design of a slim phone. I'm careful with my Apple gear anyway so I've opted for a thin case and making sure the phone is insured!

http://www.mobilefun.co.uk/x-doria-defense-360-iphone-6-case-clear-p49293.htm

The case is certainly thin, as in hardly noticeable to the original dimensions of the phone. Nice built in screen protector as well.

I don't think it would offer much protection in the way of drops but would minimise scuffing the finish or scratching the screen.

rpearlberg

macrumors 6502a
May 22, 2010
I have the New Trent Alixo 6S (4.7") Rugged Transparent Case that I got from Amazon. It's the type of case I like, with a built in screen protector and transparent so you can still see the phone. The only thing I don't like so far is that I can see dirt in the back of the phone, maybe it comes in through the camera cutout or other openings...

I'm most likely going to get the Lifeproof when it comes out, unless I can find another all in one case (with screen protector) that I like .

David MillerK

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Oct 19, 2014
I'm considering power support, seems like its good one, but still reading more about it on a thread here, there are also some negative feedbacks

Jigga

macrumors 6502
Jun 11, 2009
The best case for the iPhone 6 is the Power Support Clear Matte Air jacket.

The case has the same level of glossiness (or lack there of) as the material of the phone, and it takes on the color underneath it, so it literally looks as if you have no case on at all from certain angles.

The finish of the case when you first get it is actually a bit different than what it looks like after you've used it for a few days, it gets darker and gripper when you rub off the surface coating.
How's the feel? Is it slippery or is there some grip to it?

Radiating

macrumors 65816
Dec 29, 2011
How's the feel? Is it slippery or is there some grip to it?

It's very grippy actually. Not slippery at all.

As for whoever said that the power support air jacket is more about scratch protection. That's the most unfounded thing I have ever heard. I have dropped my phone around 30 times onto bare smooth and rough concrete, from up to 10 feet sometimes with significant force, and it has no damage whatsoever (the phone that is, the case got a few tiny scratches as a result but they are small enough to be invisible, and that's from hitting rough concrete!).

This isn't the type of case where you'd want to take it if you do extreme sports, but for every day city use, there is nothing you can do that destroy a 1mm sheet of hard impact plastic, backed with a rigid device inside.

Jigga

macrumors 6502
Jun 11, 2009

As for whoever said that the power support air jacket is more about scratch protection. That's the most unfounded thing I have ever heard. I have dropped my phone around 30 times onto bare smooth and rough concrete, from up to 10 feet sometimes with significant force, and it has no damage whatsoever (the phone that is, the case got a few tiny scratches as a result but they are small enough to be invisible, and that's from hitting rough concrete!).

This isn't the type of case where you'd want to take it if you do extreme sports, but for every day city use, there is nothing you can do that destroy a 1mm sheet of hard impact plastic, backed with a rigid device inside.

Thanks a lot did you order from them or purchase from an Apple store?

jayrflow

macrumors 6502
Feb 19, 2013
I can vouche for the Ringke Fusion. I've had it for a few days and just love it. The hard plastic back hasn't scratched yet. I like the plugs at the bottom. Great case

3N16MA

macrumors 65816
Jul 23, 2009
Space

You have dropped your phone 30 times? Perhaps the Air Jacket is not as grippy as you think.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.