Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

David MillerK

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Oct 19, 2014
I can vouche for the Ringke Fusion. I've had it for a few days and just love it. The hard plastic back hasn't scratched yet. I like the plugs at the bottom. Great case

Ringke Fusion? where did you buy yours? how much?

Radiating

macrumors 65816
Dec 29, 2011
You have dropped your phone 30 times? Perhaps the Air Jacket is not as grippy as you think.

Actually I rarely drop it from my hands. I usually drop it by knocking it off of another surface, for example when I put it on my lap, stand up after I forget I have it and it goes flying. The worst drop was when I put it on the armrest of the door of my friend's lifted truck and opened the door. It went flying from 6 feet in the air and landed 3 parking spaces away after hitting 3 corners. I thought it would have destroyed the phone but nope, just tiny scratches to the case.

It actually protects better than the Apple leather case because it covers the bottom too. I dropped my phone in the leather case and the bottom of my phone ended up with a small dent because it's uncovered. The buttons may not be covered like someone else said but they all have significant lips so I don't see the buttons ever being damaged unless they hit a surface that has a very specific shape

Last edited:

Radiating

macrumors 65816
Dec 29, 2011
I'm debating between matte and clear, doesn't clear show off the true design better? why is matte better

Matte matches the texture of the anodized aluminum, it's matte while most cheap phones are glossy, so it's a distinguishing feature of the design. This is one of the only matte cases that matches the apple finish correctly, most are too textured.

Glossy clear cases make the iPhone 6 look cheap.

Kisey

macrumors 6502a
Jul 9, 2010
"Best" is subjective. In my opinion, the PS case is ugly. The shape of the camera cutout, the way the case doesn't come up over the edge on the right side, and the headphone jack cutout are all ugly to me. I know it was designed that way for a reason (I'm not debating the function) but I am not feeling the case at all. Again, my opinion.

Edit: as for the finish of the case wearing off after a few days, is that supposed to be a feature?

foam

macrumors member
Feb 16, 2012
Another Ringke Fusion owner here and I am more than happy for the price.

maclove4life

macrumors regular
Oct 17, 2014
Any recommendation for the best transparent case for iPhone 6? I bought one last week and I am very disapointed as the case is very slippery, although its sturdy, when I hold it feels like I'm going to drop it.

I'm planning to buy this one iPhone 6 Case ULTRA SLIM iPhone 6 Case 0.6mm Transparent but not sure whether its worth buying or not. any recommendation?

to be quite frank with you...there is no best case at the moment....or at least so far from what i've seen...

baker0169

macrumors newbie
Sep 20, 2014
Australia
I bought a ozaki O!coat 0.3mm bumper case , it comes with a simple bumper and beautiful transparent back just like a crystal case .

The most important thing i care is that....it matches iPhone6 original shape
:apple:

Back
1774355624945.jpg
front
1774355646899.jpg
beautiful edge protection
1774357879161.jpg

David MillerK

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Oct 19, 2014
I just placed an order for the Spigen Ultra Hybrid Clear on Amazon for about $12 you can't beat it. The reviews were great on it too so I can't wait to try it

please share it to us when you are done with your reviews... with photos much better

Hustler1337

macrumors 68000
Dec 23, 2010
London, UK
I bought a cheap Ultrathin 0.3mm case from eBay for only £1.99. Quite impressed, considering the price. It's definitely not the BEST quality, but for value, it's definitely up there.

Pros:

1. Provides decent grip
  2. smooth, rounded edges
  3. Fit is OK
  4. Thin, but not too thin
  5. Maintains the original look of the iPhone quite well
  6. Not made of hard plastic
  7. Provides a lip over the screen to protect the screen when placed faced-down
  8. Cheap and can be used for everyday use

Cons:

1. Sometimes get a 'rainbow' effect at certain angles on a sunny day
  2. Slightly loose around the volume control button
  3. Port cutouts seem slightly larger than I would have liked as it cuts in towards the back, though perfect on the front side.

Provides decent grip, rounded edges and fit is OK. The only bad things about it is that a 'rainbow' effect appears on a sunny day at some angles.

IMG_0089.jpg

IMG_0090.jpg

IMG_0091.jpg

IMG_0092.jpg

IMG_0100.jpg

IMG_0104.jpg

IMG_0109.jpg

IMG_0110.jpg

IMG_0114.jpg

IMG_0117.jpg

IMG_0118.jpg

IMG_0119.jpg

I've recently received the ROCK Flexible TPU Ultrathin Transparent Back Case Cover Skin for iPhone 6 Plus. Will post up pictures soon.

Last edited:

AnnArborHeel

macrumors newbie
Sep 26, 2014
I bought an i-Blason. It's scratch-proof (WOW!!!) and the sides are soft and grippy. Much easier to hold than the Apple leather case. Its a wonderful case actually.

+1 to this.

I've been VERY impressed by this case. Great price, great feel, great quality, great case.

thatJohann

macrumors 68000
Jul 5, 2013
NYC
Matte matches the texture of the anodized aluminum, it's matte while most cheap phones are glossy, so it's a distinguishing feature of the design. This is one of the only matte cases that matches the apple finish correctly, most are too textured.

Glossy clear cases make the iPhone 6 look cheap.

Gotcha, that makes a lot of sense. If you have this case, would you midn posting some clear pictures of what the silver iPhone looks like from behind. I want to see how much blur the texture of matte adds. Tahnks!

ANTAWNM26

macrumors 65816
Jun 14, 2009
Power Support Air Jacket. Some of the above posts are a joke, some of those cases are awful. Look at that camera cutout and logo in that one pic, terrible.

Stay with the best - Power Support.

That rignke fusion my opinion beats your stick with the best

----------

The Air Jacket is more about scratch protection than actually having much drop protection.

It is a great looking case that does its job in that department but if someone is looking for a clear case with more drop protection I would stay away.

The Ringke Fusion has more of a lip on the front and back, coverage for the power and volume buttons, , port plugs, and the cutouts are perfectly fine.

It provides good drop protection without being bulky.
Agree

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.