Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Does it wobble?

• Yes

Votes: 37 29.8%
  • No

Votes: 87 70.2%

• Total voters

Jayson A

macrumors 68030
Original poster
Sep 16, 2014
Put your iPhone on a flat surface with the GLASS SIDE DOWN (also known as the screen) and press each corner. Does it wobble?

I can't believe how people can mess this up. I'm asking for you to take your iPhone, place it on a flat surface (like a smooth table) with the screen side down and gently tap each corner with your finger. Does it wobble at all?

If it does wobble, then your iPhone is slightly twisted. If your bothered by it, gently twist it back to normal by twisting it with your hands. Hint: it takes VERY LITTLE force to correct this. Don't over-do it.

Last edited:

McDaddio

macrumors 6502a
Oct 6, 2014
Put your iPhone on a flat surface (face down) and press each corner. Does it wobble?

Yes. With my iPhone 6 Plus.

I was surprised by this, but the wobble wasn't that bad.

The odd thing is that when I had it screen down, it did NOT wobble one bit.

But then when I put it screen up, it did!

I am not going to return it since there is no obvious damage and I use my phone normally, although I had it in the gym many times.

Jayson A

macrumors 68030
Original poster
Sep 16, 2014
You guys... see the original topic. I said put it SCREEN DOWN. That means the camera lens is face up and it's not touching the table. Can people not read?

McDaddio

macrumors 6502a
Oct 6, 2014
You guys... see the original topic. I said put it SCREEN DOWN. That means the camera lens is face up and it's not touching the table. Can people not read?

No, that is NOT what you said.

You said "facedown", not screen down.

The face is the "Apple Logo". It is their logo, the face of the company.

----------

that comes from the camera sticking out.

Not on my phone.

I filed the camera lens down so it doesn't stick out.

I don't use the camera and that wobble bothered me.

Maybe I didn't file it all the way?

Traverse

macrumors 604
Mar 11, 2013
Here
You're trying too hard to troll

The back has a protruding camera. It will wobble.

The front is now made of curved glass with rounded sides. It will wobble if enough pressure is applied.

The 4/4S/5/5S had an iconic box design so they lay perfectly flat. It's just the way the phone is made. I'm not sure what the point you're trying to make is.

Jayson A

macrumors 68030
Original poster
Sep 16, 2014
The back has a protruding camera. It will wobble.

The front is now made of curved glass with rounded sides. It will wobble if enough pressure is applied.

The 4/4S/5/5S had an iconic box design so they lay perfectly flat. It's just the way the phone is made. I'm not sure what the point you're trying to make is.

Try just lightly tapping the corners with your finger (with the screen side down)

nj1266

macrumors 6502a
Jan 15, 2012
Long Beach, CA
Dude, the corners is where the screen curves/tapers into the frame. The lens has a very slight curvature at the corners and maybe in the middle too. So it will slightly wobble.

vgamedude

macrumors 6502a
Dec 10, 2013
This is all people need to do to test if there's a slight bend. I'd imagine there is a slight bend in many phones, if that's enough to cause problems or bother you I guess is up for debate but it's slightly worrying.

iolinux333

macrumors 68000
Feb 9, 2014
Wobblegate?

Sheesh can we have iPhone 7 already? I can't wait two years. Maybe Apple can speed up iPhone 7 release and get it in stores by Christmas.

JayLenochiniMac

macrumors G5
Nov 7, 2007
New Sanfrakota
I'm not anal retentive enough to place the screen faced down on a hard, flat surface to perform the "wobble test," subjecting it to scratches. Sorry.

Thought you anal-retentive type would only place it on a microfiber cloth :cool:

vgamedude

macrumors 6502a
Dec 10, 2013
I'm not anal retentive enough to place the screen faced down on a hard, flat surface to perform the "wobble test," subjecting it to scratches. Sorry.

Thought you anal-retentive type would only place it on a microfiber cloth :cool:

Hahah someone's scared that they might found out their phones actually bent aye?

Oh well it's like they say, ignorance is bliss.

bakron1

macrumors member
Mar 23, 2010
Who cares if it's slightly bent? As long as it works and Apple fixes it when it breaks, I could care less. Folks are taking this bent gate BS way to far.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.