Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Apple Hardware > Mac Peripherals

Old Jul 14, 2007, 06:17 PM   #1
EricBrian
macrumors 6502a

Who is connected to my Airport Extreme?

Is there a way to see how many computers are connected to my Airport Extreme and what their IP is?

I want to do this so that I can set up my PC as an Apache2 server and then connect to it with my MBP.

Thanks for all and any info.

Eric
EricBrian is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jul 14, 2007, 06:31 PM   #2
Mitthrawnuruodo

Open AirPort Utility. Double-click your Extreme base (or click and hit cmd-L) to enter Manual Setup. Under AirPort -> Summary you can then see the number of Wireless Clients. And if you click on the "Wireless Clients" text label, you can see more details, including the client's MAC addresses:

Click image for larger version

Name:	Picture-1.jpg
Views:	1612
Size:	36.7 KB
ID:	79489
Old Jul 14, 2007, 06:48 PM   #3
EricBrian
macrumors 6502a

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mitthrawnuruodo View Post
Open AirPort Utility. Double-click your Extreme base (or click and hit cmd-L) to enter Manual Setup. Under AirPort -> Summary you can then see the number of Wireless Clients. And if you click on the "Wireless Clients" text label, you can see more details, including the client's MAC addresses:

Attachment 79489
Thank you for the info. I was able to find it.... although, it took me a sec to find out that I was able to click on the label.

So, I found the MAC address, but that doesn't help me since I need an IP address to enter into the browser.

You wouldn't happen to know how to do that, or?
Old Jul 14, 2007, 07:05 PM   #4
Peace
macrumors P6

Click on the DHCP tab next to the Wireless clients tab.It shows the MAC address and the IP.
Peace is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jul 14, 2007, 07:19 PM   #5
EricBrian
macrumors 6502a

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peace View Post
Click on the DHCP tab next to the Wireless clients tab.It shows the MAC address and the IP.
I tried that.... but it was grayed-out.
Old Jul 14, 2007, 07:29 PM   #6
Peace
macrumors P6

So your AEBS isn't using a DHCP server ?
Old Jul 14, 2007, 07:36 PM   #7
EricBrian
macrumors 6502a

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peace View Post
So your AEBS isn't using a DHCP server ?
Hmmm... I think I am.

Under Internet -> Internet Connection, I have:

Configure IPv4: Using DHCP.
Old Jul 14, 2007, 08:21 PM   #8
Peace
macrumors P6

Ok.Which Airport Extreme Base Station do you have?

Is it the new one.The .n ?

Next to the Internet Connection tab is a tab called DHCP.Look at that one and let me know what ts says.
Old Aug 20, 2008, 06:25 AM   #9
haravikk
macrumors 65816

Just found this thread when looking to find out who clients are myself, didn't notice "Wireless Clients" was click-able either, that's bad interface design from Apple!

Anyway, the DHCP tab will be greyed out or useless (empty) if you are using your airport base-station in bridge mode, most likely if your airport express is connected to an ethernet router for example. This is what my set-up is basically.

But that doesn't help in finding out IP address and/or machine-name. Is there another way this information could be obtained? As I have some "clients" showing up on my airport express that aren't showing up in my router (i.e they're connected to the base-station but haven't been given an IP by my router). I suspect it's simply another wireless computer connecting to the wrong base-station (I have two for better signal strength on different floors of my house) and my XBox 360 which is plugged into the ethernet port (but switched off), but it'd be nice to check remotely rather than having to copy each machine's MAC address!
Old Apr 3, 2010, 04:27 PM   #10
danthespaceman
macrumors newbie

Did you ever get this figured out? I'm having the same problem.
danthespaceman is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jul 1, 2011, 07:25 PM   #11
GeodesicGnome
macrumors newbie

bridge mode

FYI, in bridge mode the IP addresses are handed out by the upstream router, so that would be the place to go for them. Right now I'm using Clear for my ISP. They use (right now) a Motorola WiMax CPE router, which has a web interface. The Airport Extreme will give you the address of its upstream router in the Internet/TCP page. I pointed my browser to that address and got the WiMax CPE's login page asking for a password. A quick google for the default password for this kind of router and I was in. Being careful not to change anything, I was able to navigate to a very helpful page which showed the IP addresses and host names of all the computers in the house which were using the internet through it. You might be able to do this, depending on the router your ISP has given you.
GeodesicGnome is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jul 7, 2011, 08:58 PM   #12
DarwinOSX
macrumors 65816

There is a neat little app called iNET that shows who and what is connected in a nice visual format. Its on the app store.

http://www.mechodownload.com/forum/m...ree-Hosts.html

MacRumors Forums > Apple Hardware > Mac Peripherals