Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

DVNIEL

Cancelled
Original poster
Oct 28, 2003
I'm not sure if this was established yet. But this is for those that do not want to wait for FedEX and would rather hold the MBA in their hand before pulling the trigger. I'm sure a lot of you are calling, post here of what responses you get.

As of Wednesday 01/30/08
- All major Bay Area, CA stores have none
- Flagship stores Walnut Creek and San Francisco report that a demo unit is indeed coming, but unsure of whether sales will begin this week

bidwalj

macrumors 65816
Feb 16, 2007
add socal to that list as well. Sherman oaks, northridge, santa monica all dont have any demos or stock.

I'm not sure if this was established yet. But this is for those that do not want to wait for FedEX and would rather hold the MBA in their hand before pulling the trigger. I'm sure a lot of you are calling, post here of what responses you get.

As of Wednesday 01/30/08
- All major Bay Area, CA stores have none
- Flagship stores Walnut Creek and San Francisco report that a demo unit is indeed coming, but unsure of whether sales will begin this week

weeman

macrumors 6502
May 6, 2007
Orange County, CA
Add Brea, South Coast, Irvine Spectrum, and Fashion Island to the list (As of closing on 01/30)

I received confirmation from my university computer store that they have a shipment of apple products coming in tomorrow and they will go on sale on Friday. Also, the Fashion Island store told me Friday is the day.

The other 3 stores however, have no idea with responses ranging from "Mid Februrary" to "I don't know"

DVNIEL

Cancelled
Original poster
Oct 28, 2003
Just wanted to bump this thread for our East Coast congregation...

What are the Apple Stores saying there this morning over there?

ahaxton

macrumors 6502a
Jan 17, 2008
I should know soon when the store guy calls me. Im in Atlanta. Got a no go call for today, yesterday. Shouldnt be too long before I get one for tomorrow.

netdog

macrumors 603
Feb 6, 2006
London
Regent Street flagship store in London said "anytime in the next two weeks" on the phone this morning. Sounded like a canned response.

macsensei

macrumors member
Oct 21, 2007
I should know soon when the store guy calls me. Im in Atlanta. Got a no go call for today, yesterday. Shouldnt be too long before I get one for tomorrow.

What store did you say you were contacting? Lenox, north point, perimeter....?

mpetrides

macrumors 6502a
Feb 10, 2007
West County STL - Friday

Apple Store West County, St Louis just said they expect to have MBAs in stock tomorrow. We shall see.

MrT8064

macrumors 6502a
Jun 7, 2006
UK
i wonder what's taking them so long to get any UK delivery, its just a different power adapter isn't it, or are the boxes going to be different like the iPhone? (i doubt it)

even if apple just sent out 10 Airs to regent street that would be cool.

russtic

macrumors member
Jan 21, 2007
Hull, UK
i wonder what's taking them so long to get any UK delivery, its just a different power adapter isn't it, or are the boxes going to be different like the iPhone? (i doubt it)

even if apple just sent out 10 Airs to regent street that would be cool.

Well Meadowhall gave me a daft answer to that I quote "they need to be shipped further" Duhhh.

dyerucf

macrumors regular
Jan 15, 2008
Alpharetta, GA
Security

So answer me this, how are they keeping these display units from walking out the store when there is no security slot?

does each Air get a security guard?

russtic

macrumors member
Jan 21, 2007
Hull, UK
usb gizmo

So answer me this, how are they keeping these display units from walking out the store when there is no security slot?

does each Air get a security guard?

An alarm fixed to the usb slot break the connection and the alarm goes off. (they use an ethernet one for other laptops)

dyerucf

macrumors regular
Jan 15, 2008
Alpharetta, GA
Wonder if bringing in a bottle of Advil for the sales floor crew will increase my education discount. You know that alarm is going to go off at least 100 times a shift. So rather then manning the notebooks they are just staffing the alarm override.

ahaxton

macrumors 6502a
Jan 17, 2008
Apple store has not called me to cancel like they did yesterday, so it looks like a go for tomorrow!

DVNIEL

Cancelled
Original poster
Oct 28, 2003
Bay Area, CA update

Stoneridge (Pleasanton, CA) - They said to check back later on today, but for sure tomorrow.

San Francisco (Flagship Store) - More worrisome, they said that it will only be able to PREVIEW tomorrow, but not sure on when actual sales will begin

Walnut Creek - Girl had no idea what the hell I was talking about

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.