Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

zorahk

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jul 18, 2008
North Korea
Is this a mistake, or do they really not include a cleaning cloth anymore. My 3GS black 32GB doesn't have one in the little box thing with the manual like my 3G did....

gr8tfly

macrumors 603
Oct 29, 2006
~119W 34N
Is this a mistake, or do they really not include a cleaning cloth anymore. My 3GS black 32GB doesn't have one in the little box thing with the manual like my 3G did....

I thought I missed it, but it looks like no cleaning cloth. Maybe it's a statement about the new oleophobic coating.

maflynn

macrumors Haswell
May 3, 2009
I thought I missed it, but it looks like no cleaning cloth. Maybe it's a statement about the new oleophobic coating.

Exactly, at least that's what the marketing department will tell you, but I also believe its a cost cutting measure.

McGiord

macrumors 601
Oct 5, 2003
Dark Castle
WTF? They charge the same price but remove accessories. Way to go apple

Where is my firewire cable?
Where is my dock?
Where is my audio/video cable?
Where are all the things....
Where have you been the last 6 years?
Where is apple works... :)

Welcome to :apple:...not the way it used to be...

aaah those times....Welcome to Macintosh...everything was typically improved and you were receiving more bang for the buck...

otis123

macrumors 6502a
May 4, 2006
hey my first iphone came with a dock! you don't think i miss that? I'm too cheap to buy a new one too! $30 to have my phone stand up and look fancy pfft! (maybe walmart sell them...)

Que

macrumors 6502
Apr 5, 2009
UK
its outrageous....no cloth? what on earth is the world coming to?

i'm never going to buy an apple product again until this disgusting practice is rectified, apple have really crossed the line now!

apple give us our cloth back, none of us will ever even walk past an apple store until this £0.50p item is back in every iphone box!!!!

let's all send them back to where they came from with a big steaming turd in the box where the cloth should be.

:rolleyes:

Asar

macrumors regular
May 29, 2006
shirt works fine now. new coating pretty much makes the cloth unnecessary

thecheda

macrumors 6502
Apr 9, 2006
Los Angeles

i'm never going to buy an apple product again until this disgusting practice is rectified, apple have really crossed the line now!

apple give us our cloth back, none of us will ever even walk past an apple store until this £0.50p item is back in every iphone box!!!!

let's all send them back to where they came from with a big steaming turd in the box where the cloth should be.

over reaction much?

joro

macrumors 68020
Jun 11, 2009
Virginia

[sarcasm] I think you should start a twitter petition...[/sarcasm] :D

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.