Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

ahfu25

macrumors 6502a
Dec 28, 2009
I open cydia and is goes to a loading screen. Less than 5 seconds later it closes itself. ALL the other apps i have are working fine. What can I do to fix cydia?:confused:

cydia is probably down. I just jailbroke mine and I was downloading a few themes. After I tried to load up again it closed on me.

Baggy Spandex

macrumors 6502
May 23, 2009
Thank god. My Cydia is also crashing on the load screen. I thought it was my phone!

Fortunate but unfortunate for me. Hopefully it's fixed soon.

pw1500

macrumors regular
Oct 31, 2007
Oxford, England
Please ignore this post clearly the list isn't the problem this time.

This happens to me every once in a while the easiest solution is:

1. Connect & ssh to your iPhone and iPod Touch
2. Now go to /private/var/lib/apt/lists
3. Delete all the files in /root/private/var/lib/apt/lists/ except for the partial subfolder.
Do not delete Partial folder

nfl46

macrumors G3
Oct 5, 2008
Ugh, this was happening to me too. I rejailbroke thinking it was only me.

thelatinist

macrumors 603
Aug 15, 2009
Connecticut, USA

3. Delete all the files in /root/private/var/lib/apt/lists/ except for the partial subfolder.

But this is not the result of corruption of an individual's lists, since it's happening to everyone. Clearly there is a problem with Saurik's database server.

gadgetdad

macrumors 6502a
Sep 10, 2007
On my iPhone

So everyone lost connections with Cydia and this is the only solution? Just curious why it effected all.

OhioLefty

macrumors regular
Aug 7, 2009
Cydia kicking me back out to Springboard too. Rock is also having problems, mine is using older cached data to load.

Just tried pw1500's suggestion and it fixed it for me.

Thanks pw1500!

alazhari

macrumors newbie
Dec 28, 2009
worked for me, i didn't delete files, i just added .old at the end of the files and it worked.
thanks

zebra18

macrumors member
Nov 25, 2009
so how do you fix it..if you didn't download the Open SSH and its crashing now? am I screwed pretty much?

OhioLefty

macrumors regular
Aug 7, 2009
so how do you fix it..if you didn't download the Open SSH and its crashing now? am I screwed pretty much?

Good question. If you have iFile installed you could try that, if not you will have to wait for an answer from somebody that knows more about it than me.

Good luck...

zebra18

macrumors member
Nov 25, 2009
welll at least yall can do that!
I didn't get a chance to get the open SSH so im screwed.

Cydia is still down? am I gonna have to really wait for it to come back?! If it even comes back?! Can I use WinSCP without the Open SSH?

ahfu25

macrumors 6502a
Dec 28, 2009
welll at least yall can do that!
I didn't get a chance to get the open SSH so im screwed.

Cydia is still down? am I gonna have to really wait for it to come back?! If it even comes back?! Can I use WinSCP without the Open SSH?

Restore your phone to UN-jailbreak the phone. Then re-jailbreak and install cydia. launch Cydia, cancel the updates and navigate to packages and remove ZodTTD as a source.

zebra18

macrumors member
Nov 25, 2009
so just go into itunes..restore the phone..re jailbreak and unlock..ughhhh I really don't want to do that.

I don't understand why the Open SSH thing is so important. I remember using the iPhone Browser on 3.0 without having to download the Open SSH from Cydia.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.