Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Night Spring

macrumors G5
Jul 17, 2008
so just go into itunes..restore the phone..re jailbreak and unlock..ughhhh I really don't want to do that.

I don't understand why the Open SSH thing is so important. I remember using the iPhone Browser on 3.0 without having to download the Open SSH from Cydia.

If iPhone Browser works on your iPhone, you can use that to delete the problem sources.

In any case, I wouldn't restore and rejailbreak quite yet. Give it some time, and Saurik may come up with a way to fix this.

zebra18

macrumors member
Nov 25, 2009
If iPhone Browser works on your iPhone, you can use that to delete the problem sources.

In any case, I wouldn't restore and rejailbreak quite yet. Give it some time, and Saurik may come up with a way to fix this.

well the iPhone Browser worked when my iPhone was on 3.0..but I don't know about 3.1.2. No one is mentioning iPhone Browser so im guessing it can't be done.

Night Spring

macrumors G5
Jul 17, 2008
well the iPhone Browser worked when my iPhone was on 3.0..but I don't know about 3.1.2. No one is mentioning iPhone Browser so im guessing it can't be done.

I don't know if iPhone Browser was ever updated to work with 3.1.2, but there are similar programs out there that do. I use one called iFunBox, and I plan to use that to fix Cydia when I get home later today. But if you used blackra1n to jailbreak 3.1.2, then you needed to install a patch from Cydia before iFunBox and other programs like it worked. In any case, just because nobody's mentioned it doesn't mean it won't work, you just need a way to get into the iPhone file system, so iFile, SSH, and programs like iPhone Browser would all work. People are just mentioning the method they happen to use most often.

zebra18

macrumors member
Nov 25, 2009
I don't know if iPhone Browser was ever updated to work with 3.1.2, but there are similar programs out there that do. I use one called iFunBox, and I plan to use that to fix Cydia when I get home later today. But if you used blackra1n to jailbreak 3.1.2, then you needed to install a patch from Cydia before iFunBox and other programs like it worked. In any case, just because nobody's mentioned it doesn't mean it won't work, you just need a way to get into the iPhone file system, so iFile, SSH, and programs like iPhone Browser would all work. People are just mentioning the method they happen to use most often.

thats the thing I used blackra1n for my jailbreak and unlock. I didn't even get to download the Open SSH file from Cydia. Thats the problem. I need a way to get into my phone without having anything installed from Cydia because I can't get into Cydia..its crashing lol. I only mentioned iPhone Browser because it didn't require a Cydia download for it to load but i dont know if it will work with 3.1.2.

iphonegeek786

macrumors 6502
Nov 18, 2009
First I thought it was proswitcher, so I just reinstalled libactivator and proswitcher and it worked. Different solutions for everyone.

zebra18

macrumors member
Nov 25, 2009
so far I have no solution. Cause I don't have Rock installed on my phone.
Cydia keeps crashing.
I don't have the Open SSH on my phone either.

so there is no way apparently because no one has come up with a good answer..on how to get into my phone and delete whatever I need to..without the Open SSH or any other program downloaded from Cydia or Rock.

i've googled..i've youtubed..the only thing it looks like I can do is restore and rejailbreak..which I really rather not do.

Night Spring

macrumors G5
Jul 17, 2008
i've googled..i've youtubed..the only thing it looks like I can do is restore and rejailbreak..which I really rather not do.

As I said, just give it some time. This just started happening a few hours ago. Surely you don't need anything off Cydia right this minute. Just relax and go do something else for half a day. Or even two days. :D If it isn't fixed by then, then you can restore and rejailbreak.

UngratefulNinja

macrumors 68000
May 9, 2009
Pennsylvania
Cydia keeps crashing.

so there is no way apparently because no one has come up with a good answer..on how to get into my phone and delete whatever I need to..without the Open SSH or any other program downloaded from Cydia or Rock.

It hasn't even been a day yet. You can still use your phone, right? Just not cydia? I'd give it a day before restoring.

Jealy

macrumors newbie
Dec 28, 2009
England
Cydia keeps crashing.

Use iPhone Browser, or the Mac equivalent.

nickrinaldi

macrumors regular
Jul 21, 2009
i used ifile to deleted the zodtd file then reloaded cydia, then reinstalled the zodtd source and everything is good.

zebra18

macrumors member
Nov 25, 2009
just tried both iphone browser and ifunbox..both are saying my phone isn't jailbroken to view the var/lib whatever files.

but im assuming thats because I don't have the files from cydia downloaded. cause im on t-mo and im unlocked just fine..

zebra18

macrumors member
Nov 25, 2009
how long does he usually take to get Cydia online again for those who couldn't fix it? I am in no hurry, well I really just wanna get my MMS working..cause remember legacy wasn't showing up on mine. Do you think once Cydia is back online..this will also fix my Legacy problem? lol

ahfu25

macrumors 6502a
Dec 28, 2009
nope mine is still crashing..ill reboot my phone..
:mad:

I feel your pain...I did a restore about a hour ago. but all is well. I got open ssh just incase and I bought ifile...I like ifile very simple and easy to use.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.