Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MacRumors

macrumors bot
Original poster
Apr 12, 2001

BoyGenius reports that all of the AT&T pre-order iPhones have been allotted already. Engadget received a statement from AT&T confirming the sellout:
"Because of the incredible interest in iPhone 4, today was the busiest online sales day in AT&T history. As of Tuesday afternoon, customers who preorder iPhone 4 moving forward will receive their device on June 25 or later, depending on when the order is placed. We'll email customers with confirmation once their order is placed, and again when it ships. In addition, we will have devices available on a first-come, first-serve basis in our stores beginning on June 24."
Apple's own U.S. website still shows ship dates of June 24th if you pre-order now.

We've also heard reports from international customers that local Apple Stores in the UK and Germany's T-Mobile are also sold out of the launch day iPhone 4s.

181834-soldout.png

UK Apple Store for pickup at Regent Street

Article Link: iPhone 4 Sold Out for Launch Day at AT&T and At Least Parts of Europe

Tonezorz

macrumors member
Dec 6, 2007
Sure, the US Apple store still shows June 24th, but the site doesn't work!

Apple isn't out of stock yet because it's broken!

EDIT: So as of 3:50 PST My order just went through on the Apple US site. I hammered it with requests till one finally got as far as the cart, and after that it seemed to work fine! It still showed the delivery date of June 24th.

Now just waiting on the confirmation email.

Orange™

macrumors 6502
Apr 24, 2010
I believe it!

The way the servers were jammed up today, this comes as no surprise!

Way to go !!!:

a.jfred

macrumors 6502
May 28, 2010
Austin, TX
Apple's own U.S. website still shows ship dates of June 24th if you pre-order now.

You have to be able to get in first. Pre-order? HA!

appleseed76

macrumors regular
Feb 6, 2010
Sure, the US Apple store still shows June 24th, but the site doesn't work!

Apple isn't out of stock yet because it's broken!

I agree. How has anyone been able to preorder anything when the site has been throwing up error messages and expired sessions all day.

dannster

macrumors regular
Oct 10, 2008
London, UK
The UK store isn't sold out yet because I literally just pre-ordered the 16GB Black one for the 24th from Regent's Street after reading this article!!

Perrumpo

macrumors 68000
Jul 12, 2008
Crazy.

I had good luck with the iPhone Apple Store app this afternoon, thankfully. 'Cept I wanted white. :(

mullet

macrumors regular
Dec 8, 2003
B'klyn
Orders may arrive between June 25th and the 28th.

I just received an order confirmation that states this: "Because of the incredible volume of orders we received, there is a slight chance that some customers may receive their devices between June 25 and June 28."

MatLu

macrumors member
Mar 31, 2009
Hopefully I made it in time (the Engadget post says 1:30 PM PST is the cutoff). I went to my local AT&T Store and (according to my receipt) I bought it at 1:32 PM PST. Hopefully they were just rounding to the nearest half-hour when they released that statement and I'm safe.

djschief

macrumors newbie
Jun 15, 2010
I am just happy that as of 11:59 this morning my preorder through AT&T went through. Now I just sit and wait anxiously!

ltldrummerboy

macrumors 68000
Oct 15, 2007
My order for four 32GB models went through fine. Hopefully I made the cutoff.

Never mind. They just sent me an email saying that I ordered too many.

likemyorbs

macrumors 68000
Jul 20, 2008
NJ
Yeahh, i dont think the exclusivity agreement with att is hurting iphone sales AT ALL. glad i pre-ordered! ;)

topmounter

macrumors 68030
Jun 18, 2009
FEMA Region VIII
Anyone with a black iPhone 4 is going to be stereotyped as impatient and
impulsive :eek: while those sporting a white iPhone 4 will be seen as cool,
calm and collected :cool:

That is all.

mytakeontech

macrumors 6502a
Jun 14, 2010
Apple store seems to be fine now :cool:

EDIT: Oh wait, this is the farthest I ever reached on Apple site :) over enthusiasm. FAIL again.

cybaster

macrumors member
Jun 11, 2008
I agree. How has anyone been able to preorder anything when the site has been throwing up error messages and expired sessions all day.

wow as much as i want to say I understand that their servers will take a hit, i think AT&T is now #1 on my list of companies that annoy me list.

Because of their ****** phone infrastructures AND their incompetence in actually preparing for a major launch, people are getting shafted...

Tell me why they are still in business? (and of course the same question can be asked about BP, Adobe... and the list goes on)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.