Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

TC2COOL

macrumors member
Feb 4, 2007
Mississippi
Ugh, I can get into the US Apple Store with no problems for the first time today (tried since 8am EST). Unfortunately it tells me that my information cannot be retrieved at this time and that I can go ahead and reserve an unsubsidized iPhone4 for $600. No thanks.

Kwill

macrumors 68000
Mar 10, 2003
Hmm

How do you sell out of pre orders? I thought the whole concept was to get an idea of how much product to produce so on the real launch date Apple would have enough.

mojoxp

macrumors member
May 18, 2006
We've been trying to get it to go all day on Apple.com. Finally had success by:
1. Goto att.com and login to your wireless account.
2. Under My Profile -> Account Information, change something on that page. Don't need anything major, just so that it updates in the database (eg, your work number or change Apt. 705 to Apt 705). Remember that your billing address is where the iPhone MUST ship.
3. Save the changes.
4. Go to store.apple.com, order as normal. It'll still take a little bit, but it should go through this time.

clockworksaulo

macrumors newbie
Jun 8, 2010
pre-ordered 3 iphone 4 32gb at 2am PST on att.com with iPad

Im one of the lucky ones, i kept having same issues on apple.com and att.com as others mentioned then i got tired, laid down on my bed as it was late. So i got on my ipad and gave it one last try, i went to ATT.com and luckily it showed me my lines to upgrade. I had already gotten that far on my imac but this time it had the iPhone 4 models to choose from (my imac only showed 3gs models). Some should try ordering it through att.com on their iPads, maybe apple gave preference to iPad owners? idk but i was few of the lucky that got to preorder early.

acslater017

macrumors 6502a
Jul 25, 2006
San Francisco Bay Area
Or, in my case I don't like the white iPhone, think it looks horrid, and much prefer the black model.

No stereotyping now ... ;)

Assuming that white iPhone 4s are available within days/weeks and not months, I will be waiting for a white one. IMO they are very classy looking, and they will not show dust, fingerprints, etc. as much as the black one.

I will be checking every day for the white one!...until I lose patience.

claud9999

macrumors newbie
Dec 12, 2007
Sure, the US Apple store still shows June 24th, but the site doesn't work!

Apple isn't out of stock yet because it's broken!

EDIT: So as of 3:50 PST My order just went through on the Apple US site. I hammered it with requests till one finally got as far as the cart, and after that it seemed to work fine! It still showed the delivery date of June 24th.

Now just waiting on the confirmation email.

Hahah wait 'til you read the disclaimer on your confirmation e-mail.

But here's hoping!

xxMACxx

macrumors regular
Jul 26, 2008
We've been trying to get it to go all day on Apple.com. Finally had success by:
1. Goto att.com and login to your wireless account.
2. Under My Profile -> Account Information, change your billing address. Don't need anything major, just so that it updates in the database (eg, change Apt. 705 to Apt 705). Remember that your billing address is where the iPhone MUST ship.
3. Save the changes.
4. Go to store.apple.com, order as normal. It'll still take a little bit, but it should go through this time.

Where did you get this info "Remember that your billing address is where the iPhone MUST ship. "

I ordered mine on AT&T and entered a different ship to address than my billing address and everything went thru fine...

Thanks

JZPD405

macrumors newbie
Jun 15, 2010
2. Under My Profile -> Account Information, change your billing address. Don't need anything major, just so that it updates in the database (eg, change Apt. 705 to Apt 705). Remember that your billing address is where the iPhone MUST ship.

Just in reference to this, I placed my order and when I did it was set to go to the billing address. I was then able to go to http://www.apple.com/orderstatus and change the address where the phone was going to be shipped. Apple customer service said there would be no problems with the change.

arturmeireles

macrumors member
Dec 1, 2009
Portugal
I order 2 Iphone 4 16GB from UK store and everything went fine "Thanks for your order" but I didnt get a confirmation email : / is that normal? I mean I ordered was 6PM and now its midnight. What u guys think?

Gazerbeam

macrumors newbie
Jul 15, 2008
I just got through on Apple for a 32GB....hope I made the cut.

I was logged in this morning at 5:00am and couldn't make up my mind about a 16GB or a 32GB. I figured with the 720p video camera I need the 32Gig...by the time I got to work and had a chance to log back on I was locked out.

Anyway...Apple took the order about 15 min ago and I checked the status on my order on the online Apple store and it says delivery on June 24, although I still don't have an email confirmation.

iMacDragon

macrumors 68020
Oct 18, 2008
UK
How do you sell out of pre orders? I thought the whole concept was to get an idea of how much product to produce so on the real launch date Apple would have enough.

This close to launch? They'll be ramping the production line as hard as they can, amounts they expect to have for launch day will be firmly fixed in stone, to as much as the factory fan chuck out and ship in time.

for that sort of pre order to gauge interest to meet production, it would have to be done waaay in advance, they'll have been producing at factory for a few weeks already to just meet launch demand.

matticus008

macrumors 68040
Jan 16, 2005
Bay Area, CA
That's one way to do it, but it only works when ability to supply is guaranteed to exceed demand.

When there's a limit to supply, and demand is at or above that limit, you sell out. If you know you can make at most 100 of something, and you get 120 orders, then 20 people will have to wait a little while, preorder or not.

mojoxp

macrumors member
May 18, 2006
Where did you get this info "Remember that your billing address is where the iPhone MUST ship. "

I ordered mine on AT&T and entered a different ship to address than my billing address and everything went thru fine...

Thanks

On the Apple.com store, it specifically says it must ship to your billing address for your AT&T account, and won't let you change the shipping address.

spikedscott

macrumors member
Apr 8, 2008
Northampton, UK
So simple

Got my black 16GB iPhone 4 reserved at the Apple store in Milton Keynes, can't wait to go and pick it up now :D

Took all of 3 minutes with confirmation email received 5 minutes later, was kinda lucky I guess :rolleyes:

Good job I only wanted 16GB as no 32GB iPhone 4's were available.

NFernoSlyr

macrumors demi-god
Sep 27, 2005
Pittsburgh, PA.
Don't give up!!
I just finally got a 16gb 1min ago.
Been trying all day, and they kept giving the old "Reserve at Apple Store" response. When they gave me the choice of delivery I almost ignored it. Whew!:eek:

Keep the trying the fish are still biting!

-NFerno

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.