Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

JJJosh41

macrumors regular
Oct 8, 2008
I wonder what this means for those of us who got our purchase in only a few hours before the deadline? I'm going to go out on a limb and say we don't get our iPhones on the 24th?

CrAkD

macrumors 68040
Feb 15, 2010
Boston, MA
this launch has been screwed up from the beginning. Still no one knows when the white will become available. Someone email steve jobs.

BraydenJames

macrumors member
Jun 4, 2010
UK Store is officially sold out. You can still pre-order, but says ship by July 2nd:

28ix0ci.png

rdowns

macrumors Penryn
Jul 11, 2003
As Fuster Cluck: The Pre-Order Edition winds down, I have to say it provided quite a bit of entertainment. I think Fuster Cluck II: The Activation Edition will be even better. :D

EricBrian

macrumors 6502a
Jul 30, 2005
My order JUST NOW went through. It said:

Ships: Delivers on June 24th

Also, Apple had issues and not just AT&T. After AT&T validated the upgrade, Apple had issues adding it to the cart. Timed out twice. On the 3rd time going through the WHOLE process, I was able to checkout.

Hawkeye411

macrumors 68000
Jun 6, 2007
Canada EH!!!
WOW ... sold out ... cool!!!!

Oh ..... and if you want a white iPhone, why don't you wait until they are released?? :confused: It's only a phone after all. :D

bizzaregood

macrumors regular
Aug 31, 2008
MA, US
????

I reserved one which says 700 dollars on the confirm email btw. The other no luck all day on apple. I hate this i need that 2nd phone. should i try calling?

JJJosh41

macrumors regular
Oct 8, 2008
So... what about Best Buy, where I was guaranteed they would have one for me on launch day? :(

I believe Gizmodo reported that Best Buy will use a batch process to submit all of their orders at a later time. The only reason you were probably able to get in and out in a reasonable amount of time (they didn't have to wait on AT&T servers). I'm sure if you went in there earlier today you are fine. Best Buy would have too many angry customers on their hands if they didn't think about a sell-out ahead of time.

Maximillian

macrumors 6502
Oct 12, 2008
Anyone with a black iPhone 4 is going to be stereotyped as impatient and
impulsive :eek: while those sporting a white iPhone 4 will be seen as cool,
calm and collected :cool:

That is all.

I don't care what other people think. I'll have an iPhone 4 on thursday morning, and NO ONE ELSE in my entire building (work or apartment) will. That makes me feel good about ordering this morning.

WeegieMac

Jan 29, 2008
Glasgow, UK
I'm actually pretty relieved I won't be buying mine until June 23rd ... I don't like overly busy stores at the best of times. I like to go in, pay, get what I paid for, and leave.

I know there will be a buzz about going to the local Apple Store (Glasgow one is like 15 minutes from my home), but I'm happy to let the pre-order and initial launch rush pass.

Helianthus

macrumors member
Mar 7, 2007
I don't care what other people think. I'll have an iPhone 4 on thursday morning, and NO ONE ELSE in my entire building (work or apartment) will. That makes me feel good about ordering this morning.

Seriously? That's pathetic. YOU ARE GOING TO BE THE COOLEST GUY EVER!

saucy1360

macrumors regular
Jun 15, 2010
Isn't the whole "AT&T is sold out" thing just a rumor? My order (placed about 20 minutes ago) went through fine...

WeegieMac

Jan 29, 2008
Glasgow, UK
Anyone with a black iPhone 4 is going to be stereotyped as impatient and
impulsive :eek: while those sporting a white iPhone 4 will be seen as cool,
calm and collected :cool:

That is all.

Or, in my case I don't like the white iPhone, think it looks horrid, and much prefer the black model.

No stereotyping now ... ;)

calb

macrumors 6502
Mar 12, 2009
UK
Imagine it on launch day: "yes, all these black iPhones are reserved for customers who pre-ordered... but you can buy a white one if you want". Hope.

iKrl

macrumors regular
Jun 2, 2009
I hope this doesn't make another delay for other countries like the ipad did!
I don't think so if steve said they were making tens of millions in 2010 at the keynote

evilyankeefan

macrumors regular
Aug 12, 2007
Took me all day to get an order in for store pickup which was around 5:14pm. Still have yet to receive email confirmation so we'll see.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.