Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

saladiro

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
May 7, 2007
New York
I just want to express how frustrated I am with Apple and the lack of the ability to order the 4g in white. This is load of Cr@p. They very easily could have delivered the 4g in white, yet they reduce supply and watch as the mass-hysteria demand shy rockets through the roof! not cool. They make a great product, and i'm all about apple for life, but they are ingenious markets, to the point where they start to upset people.

I am also VERY angry that Radio Shack, (yes Radio Shack) had the ability to pre order white iphones for about a 1hr window....WHY THEM and no one else. And then when I questioned apple employees, they play stupid and say, they have no idea. they really need to tone it down a bit, I love em, and their a great a product, but i don't worship the holy Apple, and never will

get over yourself Steve Jobs, you are not creating life, just an freak'en piece of hardware...

InvalidBassist

macrumors regular
Feb 8, 2008
Chicago
Pretty sure anyone who pre-ordered a white iPhone through Radio Shack (or any retailer) will not get it on the 24th. Best Buy let customers pre order the white ones at first to, but have since been canceling the orders.

saladiro

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
May 7, 2007
New York
Pretty sure anyone who pre-ordered a white iPhone through Radio Shack (or any retailer) will not get it on the 24th. Best Buy let customers pre order the white ones at first to, but have since been canceling the orders.

I hear ya....

I am a bit "ify" about the radio shack, but who knows...... and Best buy canceling.. whaaat?

Apple, who is the creator, should just come out with the facts, it's their phone and they call the shots, if the apple store cant pre-order, no one should....

saladiro

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
May 7, 2007
New York
I'm also REALLY annoyed that the White iPhone isn't available at launch, so I ordered black which sorta spoils my enthusiasm for the new iPhone.

hang in there, I am still checking out the radio shack deal. My cousin said he reserved one. And I called like 5 radio shacks and they were all on the same page. I don't think they are all just BS'ing and assuming that they will cover the demand on the day of. Radio shack also told me to check with them daily to see if they get more to pre-reserve. Sadly, i trust them and will check every day (and let u guys know)

I pre reserved a black one, but may try for the white on the day of and get there like 5am. Apple only said they would not pre sell it. Think about it, if they were not going to give it out on the day, they would have said, no pre-order, and it wont be ready on the release, they are a shady bunch of mo - fo's and it's not fair!

jtp098

macrumors 6502a
Apr 19, 2010
Purchase
well don't know if any of you saw those pics about hair line fractures :p i bet my iphone that there was a manufacturing defect and they scrapped them all :p

ShellyFM

macrumors regular
Aug 1, 2006
Florida
I, too, am upset about not being able to pre-order or reserve a white iPhone. However, I'm even more upset that Apple isn't telling us why or even confirming that they will be available on launch day. I can understand if they had a problem in manufacturing the white ones, but they could at least try to communicate with us.

saladiro

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
May 7, 2007
New York
I, too, am upset about not being able to pre-order or reserve a white iPhone. However, I'm even more upset that Apple isn't telling us why or even confirming that they will be available on launch day. I can understand if they had a problem in manufacturing the white ones, but they could at least try to communicate with us.

I think they will have a few white ones on the day of the release. I only say this because, they have not discounted it.

yea...it's a pretty slim ball move, just like with the one left at the bar. I will always be loyal to apple for the superior products, but to mr Steve Jobs....
I really have no respect for him and his pompous arrogant vice presidents. Did u see on the key note how excited he was, dude almost got a boner.
...always the dollars...always the dollars...

i'm just glad I will kick the bucket in the next 60-70 years..... and not have to deal with crap like this...

VERY UNCOOL!!!

http://www.appleinsider.com/article...rders_as_best_buy_halts_white_pre_orders.html

MuzikListner

macrumors newbie
Dec 8, 2007
Iphone not yet in white...

Hey, well at least you can get the iPhone 4, it's not like Apple were legally obliged to make it, and it will be in white soon anyway...:)

costabunny

macrumors 68020
May 15, 2008
Weymouth, UK
am I the only one who is not upset that I have to wait a while to get it in white? Its not like my life will end on the 24th if I dont have an iPhone 4.

c'mon people it's a phone not a replacement kidney!

billyjoegibsonx

macrumors 6502
Sep 10, 2008
get over it.

i was going to get it in white, but hey ho it's no available for some reason, an i'm sure its for a good reason.

theres also the black iphone that you might be interested in ;)
it's the exact same phone. different colour. can always paint it at a later date :p

the way it i see it....black is classic colour for the iphone :) If i had the option of a red ferrari or a blue ferrari (blue being a new option) and wanted the blue one, but was told i'd need to wait longer, then i'd happily just go get a red one. still the same car :)

i can understand if you did order a white one, and was then told it wouldn't be available until a later date, but thats not the case.

stop complaining, and get a black one or wait. thats your two options. everyone else has had to decide :)

saladiro

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
May 7, 2007
New York
am I the only one who is not upset that I have to wait a while to get it in white? Its not like my life will end on the 24th if I dont have an iPhone 4.

c'mon people it's a phone not a replacement kidney!

it's not that um upset about not getting the white, what pisses me off is how unprofessional Apple is about. They have the abilty to tell the truth and they have said nothing. Like I said before, other stores know more than apple, let me correct myself, apple is just being ******s and not saying a word.

monargom

macrumors newbie
Jun 18, 2010
You're freaking out over a color. A color. Remember when everything was beige? No one died. Chill out. Seriously.

Rolvag

macrumors regular
Apr 2, 2010
Simple,, Buy a case.. Choose any color you want.

But you do seem to be OK using a BLACK font.

treyjustice

macrumors 65816
Jun 14, 2009
TX
You really think they are doing this for fun? They don't need to create a demand for it by lowering the supply. There is already plenty of demand. There was probably a defect discovered VERY late in production after millions were already made. They had to start from scratch and probably have made a million more, they just couldn't promise them to be available on June 24. So why put them up for pre-order?

scwinsett

Suspended
Apr 21, 2010
Denver
OP:
This is a really absurd post. You act as if you know the reason behond the lack of availability. I'm sure they would have sold them both if they could. Why wouldn't they? There was probably a supply issue.

lionheartednyhc

macrumors 65816
Jul 13, 2009
So...you don't worship apple yet the inability to order a phone in a certain color seems to have ruined your week.

Okay then...:rolleyes:

Chupa Chupa

macrumors G5
Jul 16, 2002
crybaby.png

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.