Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

bisnicks

macrumors regular
Feb 4, 2011
That kinda makes me mad >.<

Totally understandable! I wonder if they've broken the country up into regions that they ship to? We are located in Ohio and her phone was shipped from Memphis by Fedex with 2 day shipping. It came after one day.

emmanevada

macrumors member
Sep 4, 2012
I ordered a 16 gb black from verizon on the 22nd. Still just "e have received your order and it is in process". grrrr...

Shge12

macrumors member
Oct 4, 2012
surprisingly i think i actually got some info out of a rep ( i try a lot) over ATT chat... here's what he said..

"I believe Apple ditched the first come first serve policy and they are now trying to get the device to the customer by region and availability, even then I am not completely sure on their approach."

cababah

macrumors 68000
Jun 11, 2009
SF Bay Area, CA
I have noticed the 10PM overnight reservation method being really successful. I think just doing that for a week or less will get you a phone way faster than waiting for the pre-order to ship....

bisnicks

macrumors regular
Feb 4, 2011
Ordered on 10/3.

:( lmao. Totally rethinking getting a 5 at all, might be easier just to cancel.

Try checking your local Walmart, Target, Radioshack, etc. I went in Target the other day and they put me on a list and called me the next day and had one available. Ordered it yesterday and it shipped today.

richmds

macrumors regular
Sep 30, 2012
Ordered 9/26 ship date 10/26. Hoping that supplies start ramping up or demand slows down and I get it shipped 1 week early.

Had one on launch day but returned it, Sprint, making the wait a little more bearable since I had a chance to see the differences and knowing whats coming by 10/26.

AHDuke99

macrumors 68020
Nov 14, 2002
Charleston, SC
Try checking your local Walmart, Target, Radioshack, etc. I went in Target the other day and they put me on a list and called me the next day and had one available. Ordered it yesterday and it shipped today.

Can I cancel my AT&T order? The guy told me once I ordered there was no turning back. I added a line to be able to upgrade with the $325 price for the 32GB. I could check the Apple Store here to see if they had any in stock.

pragmatous

macrumors 65816
May 23, 2012
If I had to wait until next year like that I would just cancel. That's a lot of money to be held up on a preorder until next year. Besides next year the 5s will be out lol :p /kidding

Ordered on 10/3.

:( lmao. Totally rethinking getting a 5 at all, might be easier just to cancel.

----------

I guess. Maybe not much demand in Ohio compared to NY?

Totally understandable! I wonder if they've broken the country up into regions that they ship to? We are located in Ohio and her phone was shipped from Memphis by Fedex with 2 day shipping. It came after one day.

vampireszombies

macrumors 6502
May 20, 2011
Texas

The thing is since mine is an "early early upgrade" (real upgrade is in Dec) i can only do it over the phone with AT&T, they cant even waive my upgrade fees because there doing it as a "favor".

bisnicks

macrumors regular
Feb 4, 2011
Can I cancel my AT&T order? The guy told me once I ordered there was no turning back. I added a line to be able to upgrade with the $325 price for the 32GB. I could check the Apple Store here to see if they had any in stock.

I have Verizon. I called a few hours after I ordered and they cancelled it and I got my upgrade back immediately.

----------

[/COLOR]I guess. Maybe not much demand in Ohio compared to NY?[/QUOTE]

I imagine that's the case. It'd be insane tracking who ordered when. Regions make more sense.

Shge12

macrumors member
Oct 4, 2012
I have Verizon. I called a few hours after I ordered and they cancelled it and I got my upgrade back immediately.

----------

[/COLOR]I guess. Maybe not much demand in Ohio compared to NY?

I imagine that's the case. It'd be insane tracking who ordered when. Regions make more sense.[/QUOTE]

spoke to an att rep and he said he suspects apple dropped first come first serve and went to region/availability instead

Rocko1

macrumors 68020
Nov 3, 2011
Ordered on Sept. 20th, Delivers Oct 22 - Oct 26 by Standard Shipping:(

When ordering from Apple.com, do you get a shipping notification prior to delivery or does it just show up?

Last edited:

sawah

macrumors 65816
Sep 13, 2010
Haha no problem, I didn't know what link people were talking about either

I was just using the my orders link from our account. I never knew there was another link.

I have like 8 cases and screen protectors already haha. I really hate waiting. I surely hope it comes by Halloween. I wonder how firm their 14-21 days is.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.