Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

holtm

macrumors newbie
Mar 18, 2011
The thing is since mine is an "early early upgrade" (real upgrade is in Dec) i can only do it over the phone with AT&T, they cant even waive my upgrade fees because there doing it as a "favor".

I also had to order over the phone for the discount. I ordered on October 3rd and mine changed to pending shipment today. Has your's changed? I ordered a 16gb black.

Last edited:

Shge12

macrumors member
Oct 4, 2012
I was just using the my orders link from our account. I never knew there was another link.

I have like 8 cases and screen protectors already haha. I really hate waiting. I surely hope it comes by Halloween. I wonder how firm their 14-21 days is.

Hah yeah waiting sucks. I'm not going to complain too much because I'm hearing horror stories from some of the people who preordered who still haven't gotten theirs yet.

Also the att people are saying a lot will come in earlier than estimated, not all though.

3 cases coming in from china now, they'll prob be here before my phone :rolleyes:

sawah

macrumors 65816
Sep 13, 2010
Hah yeah waiting sucks. I'm not going to complain too much because I'm hearing horror stories from some of the people who preordered who still haven't gotten theirs yet.

Also the att people are saying a lot will come in earlier than estimated, not all though.

3 cases coming in from china now, they'll prob be here before my phone :rolleyes:

I am amazed that their's still preorders that haven't come yet, but honestly with talk of strikes and things over there who really knows whats happening. I have a candyshell and a poetic atmosphere already, and some nice looking tpu cases on their way 5 for 9.99 I couldn't pass it up. It needs to come so I stop getting that look from my husband every time I order something I don't really need haha!

I haven't talked to anyone at AT&T, just ordered mine online and try to wait patiently. Do hope they come early though.

AznD85

macrumors newbie
Oct 7, 2012
I ordered my 32gb black phone from verizon on 9/23 and I expected the ship date to be 10/19. I was surprised to see it already prepared for shipping last sunday. I got it 10/3. Good luck with yours! Hopefully they ship out sooner than expected.

I got mine the same date as your 10/3. Same 32gb black i5. Mine came with a scratch and dent on the back. Did yours came perfect?

Shge12

macrumors member
Oct 4, 2012
I am amazed that their's still preorders that haven't come yet, but honestly with talk of strikes and things over there who really knows whats happening. I have a candyshell and a poetic atmosphere already, and some nice looking tpu cases on their way 5 for 9.99 I couldn't pass it up. It needs to come so I stop getting that look from my husband every time I order something I don't really need haha!

I haven't talked to anyone at AT&T, just ordered mine online and try to wait patiently. Do hope they come early though.

I ordered a few clearish/smoke tpu's... Not sure about hard plastic on the new iphone but I also want it to be low profile, somewhat protected, without losing its look. Which tpu did you go with? I'm leaning to the poetic as well but I've seen it might be really hard to remove.

sawah

macrumors 65816
Sep 13, 2010
I ordered a few clearish/smoke tpu's... Not sure about hard plastic on the new iphone but I also want it to be low profile, somewhat protected, without losing its look. Which tpu did you go with? I'm leaning to the poetic as well but I've seen it might be really hard to remove.

These are the extra TPU. http://www.ebay.com/itm/320994400637?ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1439.l2649 The poetic isn't TPU it's plastic, though the edges around the face of the phone feel sorta like TPU or some kind of rubber. It's a very stiff plasticy case.

The candyshell was really hard to decide on, but I have animals and kids so I do also want the phone to stay safe. It's the beautiful raspberry and black color, but we will see how much it gets used. All going to depend on the durability of the black phone. I've always wanted to go naked on the phone but I'm too skeered lol.

Also to the person that said they ordered on 10/6 and it got shipped today, I have a really super hard time believing that. Not to knock you down but most of us have been waiting for weeks.

Shge12

macrumors member
Oct 4, 2012
These are the extra TPU. http://www.ebay.com/itm/320994400637?ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1439.l2649 The poetic isn't TPU it's plastic, though the edges around the face of the phone feel sorta like TPU or some kind of rubber. It's a very stiff plasticy case.

The candyshell was really hard to decide on, but I have animals and kids so I do also want the phone to stay safe. It's the beautiful raspberry and black color, but we will see how much it gets used. All going to depend on the durability of the black phone. I've always wanted to go naked on the phone but I'm too skeered lol.

Also to the person that said they ordered on 10/6 and it got shipped today, I have a really super hard time believing that. Not to knock you down but most of us have been waiting for weeks.

Yeah I don't think even the 64 gigs are shipping in 3 days haha. But yeah thanks for the link, I'll take a look! Good luck with the waiting, hopefully soon well all be enjoying our new phones.

vampireszombies

macrumors 6502
May 20, 2011
Texas
I also had to order over the phone for the discount. I ordered on October 3rd and mine changed to pending shipment today. Has your's changed? I ordered a 16gb black.

Nope mines been the same; pending shipment and on back order.
I ordered a 16gb white.

Doobz

macrumors newbie
Jun 2, 2009
I got mine the same date as your 10/3. Same 32gb black i5. Mine came with a scratch and dent on the back. Did yours came perfect?

Mine came flawless. I guess I lucked out? There is a tiny scratch on the bottom near one of the screws by the lightning connector, but I noticed it a couple days later, so it could have been my fault.

It'sMyPrecious

macrumors regular
Jan 25, 2012
Between heaven and hell
I'm glad I'm not the only one having to wait so long. Ordered on 9/28 and my estimated shipping date is 10/26. 18 more days to go. Yay.

I hate having to order thru Verizon but I have no choice because of my transferring upgrade situation. My local best buys, radioshacks, and the apple stores (I think) have the phone in stock.

jsamuels

Contributor
Feb 16, 2008
Roma
Yeah I don't think even the 64 gigs are shipping in 3 days haha. But yeah thanks for the link, I'll take a look! Good luck with the waiting, hopefully soon well all be enjoying our new phones.[/QUOTE

To the doubters:

Attachments

• 10-9-2012 7-49-35 AM.jpg
    10-9-2012 7-49-35 AM.jpg
    56.7 KB · Views: 87
  • 10-9-2012 7-54-36 AM.jpg
    10-9-2012 7-54-36 AM.jpg
    139.4 KB · Views: 86

snake4448

macrumors member
Oct 7, 2011
iphone 5 just waiting

+1 Waiting on 10/26 or earlier (hopefully)
i ordered mine on sept. 26 from apple website say's get it by oct 26th hope sooner:apple:

----------

I'm glad I'm not the only one having to wait so long. Ordered on 9/28 and my estimated shipping date is 10/26. 18 more days to go. Yay.

I hate having to order thru Verizon but I have no choice because of my transferring upgrade situation. My local best buys, radioshacks, and the apple stores (I think) have the phone in stock.

same for me here just waiting to see (prepairing for shipment real soon)

yahyinho

macrumors newbie
Oct 3, 2010
I ordered mine on september 19th from apple online and my estimate is 18-24 october.
can't wait any more especially that the delivery is taking too long.:(

Zaianne

macrumors newbie
Oct 9, 2012
I ordered mine on 9/21 on the Apple site. With scheduled delivery of Oct 23 - Oct 29. It's still 'processing'.

I also can't change the shipping address yet...I'm guessing it'll allow me to edit the shipping address when the status changes to 'preparing for shipment'?

fishmoose

macrumors 68000
Jul 1, 2008
Sweden
Ordered mine from Apple's site on the 28th of September (the day they we're released here) mine's waiting for delivery and the date says 26th of October to 1st of November. Joy.

sawah

macrumors 65816
Sep 13, 2010
Yeah I don't think even the 64 gigs are shipping in 3 days haha. But yeah thanks for the link, I'll take a look! Good luck with the waiting, hopefully soon well all be enjoying our new phones.[/QUOTE

To the doubters:

Wow. I guess I'll stop doubting. I certainly don't understand why yours would come any faster than any of ours. Congrats though!

jazzimat

macrumors member
Sep 27, 2009
Hi,

I just ordered 2 black, 64 gigs, yesterday morning (10/8), through AT&T by phone and just got a shipping notice now. Phones will be here by tomorrow (10/10), 3pm. I'm so surprised because I was told by CS that it would be 14 to 21 days. YAY!!!!!!!!

Jazzi

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.