1. Welcome to the new MacRumors forums. See our announcement and read our FAQ

10.7.3 release

Discussion in 'Mac OS X 10.7 Lion' started by TheDaveKnight, Dec 7, 2011.

  1. macrumors newbie

    #1
    Does anyone have a reasonable estimate of 10.7.3 release date?

    If it is not imminent I will get Lion now.
     
  2. macrumors 604

    BaldiMac

    #2
    They seem to average 2-3 months between maintenance releases. 10.6.3 was release 7 months or so after Snow Leopards initial release. That would put 10.7.3 around February, unless there is some pressing bug that Apple wants to fix.

    However, with 10.7.2 including the initial release of iCloud, I would bet on something before Christmas. I would think they would want to iron out any bugs before the holiday explosion of new users.
     
  3. macrumors 6502a

    #3
    That's a new one. Waiting for a particular maintenance release? Just get Lion, enjoy it, and update when you can update.
     
  4. macrumors 6502a

    PurrBall

    #4
    From using it, I can tell you it's definitely not close to ready yet.
     
  5. Moderator

    maflynn

    Staff Member

    #5
    I don't believe it is imminent but apple is working on 10.7.3
     
  6. Moderator

    OllyW

    Staff Member

    #6
  7. Moderator

    maflynn

    Staff Member

    #7
  8. macrumors 6502

    #8
    I had to fight very hard not to bite at that line lol:D
     
  9. macrumors G4

    #9
    It's "definitely not close to ready" does not define a problem. What are your issues?
     
  10. macrumors 6502a

    johnhurley

    #10
    Are you asking this from the OP who wanted to know about a 10.7.3 release date or the poster with developer access who has been doing some work with one or more of the 10.7.3 "xxxx" builds.

    You really can not publicly discuss issues with the builds without risking losing developer access. It is really not hard to request developer access either for anyone looking hard to get their hands on 10.7.3 in a legitimate manner.
     
  11. macrumors demi-god

    GGJstudios

    #11
    What difference does it make? If you get Lion at 10.7.2, the update to 10.7.3, when it is released, is free and simple. There's no reason to wait for a particular release. If you wait for 10.7.3 to buy Lion, why not wait for 10.7.4? The point is, there will always be another release in the future. Just buy what you need, when you need it.
     
  12. macrumors 6502a

    #12
    Screw 10.7.3.

    Where is 10.6.9? :D
     
  13. macrumors 601

    Mr. Retrofire

    #13
    Here. ;-)
     
  14. macrumors member

    #14
    agree, Where is 10.6.9?
     
  15. macrumors 68020

    Queen6

    #15
    If you buy a new Mac with Lion you will likely not have an issue, those upgrading from Snow Leopard and older machines are the ones who are seeing the majority of problems. 10.7.2 is stable and I have not seen issue with the 3 new Mac`s in the house, My old MBP (4.1 2.4Ghz) will remain on Snow Leopard.

    If you dont like the look and feel of Lion that is another thing ;) bottom line buy now.
     
  16. macrumors 68030

    vitzr

    #16
    I'm enjoying 10.6.8 so much I have no plans to migrate to anything else.

    Lion that came on my 13" MBA is OK, but there's nothing to compell me to abandon Snow Leopard at this point.
     
  17. macrumors 6502a

    #17
    Lion... (shakes head).
     

Share This Page