Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

appleguy123

macrumors 604
Apr 1, 2009
15 minutes in the future
Last edited:

chowmein

macrumors member
Feb 20, 2009
iChat FINALLY lets you aggregate your buddy lists from all of your accounts into a single list.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2011-02-27 at 1.50.04 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2011-02-27 at 1.50.04 PM.png
    122.1 KB · Views: 282

MattInOz

macrumors 68030
Jan 19, 2006
Sydney

That looks so good. and so many questions.

So when you share a virtual remote screen does it set the dimension to that of the screen your on or the same as the remote machine would normally have?

Can you have multiple users locally as well. I wonder if you had a MacPro with multiple monitors could each monitor log in as a new user?

Oh also wonder if iPad will get the ability to log in to a remote mac.

hipauliee

macrumors newbie
Jul 9, 2010
Boise, ID
I'd just drag it to the sidebar.

The Finder sidebar icons must be vector PDFs. They occasionally don't draw all elements of the image. Also attached is how they should appear.

I suppose that shall work for now.
Hopefully they decide to change this.
Thanks for the idea!

Ingo1512

macrumors newbie
Feb 27, 2011
Buttons

I've also noticed that the buttons have become more square-ish instead of rounded. Nice, I think...

jcostaman

macrumors member
Jun 8, 2008
Sacramento, CA
Mac App Store Downloads

Downloading an App from the Mac App Store now opens LaunchPad and shows the app downloading there instead of the dock. I tried attaching a picture but the upload kept failing. Sorry.

Exponent

macrumors 6502
Jul 17, 2002
Silicon Valley
A works, but I can't figure out b.

EDIT: A actually supports iOS pinch to zoom, which is awesome!

Thanks so much for checking this out!

Sorry, my bad on "b". (When I wrote the html in 1999, I was paranoid about someone just bookmarking the page without the user seeing the whole tour.)

Can you try out this for "old-school" QuickTime VR? (It's just the movie file, without any HTML wrapper.)

http://taweb.com/content/IrelandVR/panos/Trinity_Library_Top.small.mov

ReiterMarkus

macrumors newbie
Jul 7, 2009
One more thing...

I made a partition for Lion and can see all other partitions, but when in Snow Leopard I can't see the Lion partition.

appleguy123

macrumors 604
Apr 1, 2009
15 minutes in the future

Exponent

macrumors 6502
Jul 17, 2002
Silicon Valley
IT works, but it's in a really small window. Also no pinch to zoom support.

Thanks much, and I'm happy QTVR is back in mainstream QuickTime!

Regarding that "really small window" - would you believe that was a bandwidth buster back in 1999? I had to create all kinds of Javascript code to forward-cache "future" QuickTime files in the background, while the user was reading the text (or enjoying the VR) for the part of the tour they were looking at.

(I probably should have filed some sort of a patent on that... I could have ended up with my own island in the tropics by now...)

jbg232

macrumors 65816
Oct 15, 2007
@Exponent - You've been a member since 2002 and have less than 100 posts? I don't think I've ever seen a ratio like that before. You should have an honorary avatar for being here that long, like >500 posts or member >5 years.

mamouneyya

macrumors member
Feb 26, 2011
Jordan
Anyone can check for me if an Arabic interface and/or any RTL enhancement was added? From Sys. Pref. try to make the Arabic as the first language in the list, restart and then tell me if the interface got translated. I'll appreciate it!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.