Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Andres Cantu

macrumors 68040
Original poster
May 31, 2015
Texas
Thank you!
Don't forget to tell Target to price match Walmart's $199 for the iPad mini 2. With your first gift card, that would make the iPad mini 2 $99 (assuming you're looking to buy a 16GB iPad mini 2).

T-BR

macrumors newbie
Sep 11, 2015
Don't forget to tell Target to price match Walmart's $199 for the iPad mini 2. With your first gift card, that would make the iPad mini 2 $99 (assuming you're looking to buy a 16GB iPad mini 2).
I didn't know that, but it's the iPad Mini 4. Thank you for the tip.

oghowie

macrumors 6502a
Jul 12, 2008
Do they PM BF deals? A lot of stores don't. Target won't even price adjust old purchases on BF.

Andres Cantu

macrumors 68040
Original poster
May 31, 2015
Texas
Do they PM BF deals? A lot of stores don't. Target won't even price adjust old purchases on BF.
Technically Walmart's is not a Black Friday deal. However, I'm not sure if Target price matches on Black Friday, so that's a good question.

617aircav

Suspended
Jul 2, 2012
I wish I knew Best Buy's exact prices, since they mention "up to $100 off" Apple Watches. My guess is that the Apple Watch Sport will only be $50 off. If so, I will go for the Target deal.
I just noticed that. If it's 50 off ill get the 38mm because my limit is $300.

oghowie

macrumors 6502a
Jul 12, 2008
i mean if you are ok buying someone else hand me down sure..

I am. :) I don't think the Apple Watch is worth the full price. I returned my 42mm sport within the 14 days, but I did like having notifications on my wrist.

Andres Cantu

macrumors 68040
Original poster
May 31, 2015
Texas
Even though I said I would wait for the Target gift card deal, I ended up buying an Apple Watch Sport 38mm in Space Gray at Target by price matching Best Buy's $50 off. I was going to wait, but since the details on the offer are scare, I went for the sure thing. Plus, I used a Target gift card to help pay for some of it :)

oghowie

macrumors 6502a
Jul 12, 2008
Let me know how it goes for you if you do order one from there. I just hope I will be able to add AppleCare

My Space Black SS just arrived and it is in very good condition. Box has scratches and you can definitely tell it was used by the sport band, but no scratches on the face and the watch itself looks almost brand new. Will test some more once I get it charged. I almost want to order another Aluminum Sport just to compare and see which one I want to keep.

Last edited:

Clint1583

macrumors regular
Mar 4, 2011
I plan to buy several Apple Watches for Xmas presents, any idea if I can buy a watch at Target, get my $100. gift card and simply turn around and hand it to my wife in line behind me to use on purchasing another watch?

Nightrich

macrumors regular
Jun 8, 2015
Tennessee
My Space Black SS just arrived and it is in very good condition. Box has scratches and you can definitely tell it was used by the sport band, but no scratches on the face that I can see and many tiny scratch where the glass and bezel meet, but I can barely see it. Will test some more once I get it charged. I almost want to order another Aluminum Sport just to compare and see which one I want to keep.
That's awesome! I may order the 42mm midnight blue gold one then. I did stop by the USPS and got a Best Buy movers coupon I'm going to see if my store has any open box they can sell me.

Post some pics when you get a chance!

baller1308

macrumors 65816
Dec 8, 2009
That's awesome! I may order the 42mm midnight blue gold one then. I did stop by the USPS and got a Best Buy movers coupon I'm going to see if my store has any open box they can sell me.

Post some pics when you get a chance!
It used to be easy to browse the nearby store for open box items, but now the website has changed and it is a pain.

Reactions: TruthWatcher412

baller1308

macrumors 65816
Dec 8, 2009
I'm probably going to get mine at Cowboom.com. Worth a try at least since you can just return it easily.
I was looking at cowboom myself but I can't see anything from the images they post. They say scratches but then I can't see anything wrong in the picture. Might give it a try though, just because if there is something wrong I can return it to BB.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.