Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

coyless

macrumors newbie
Jul 31, 2019
@Jim Lahey totally, I forgot about that! I intend to be using my 13 mini for many years yet so it will be getting the battery replaced within the next year, I can’t help but think it would last longer even in the 13 mini, unnecessarily wasteful!

Reactions: Jim Lahey

Reverend Benny

macrumors 6502a
Apr 28, 2017
Europe
I’ve had my 13 mini since it first came out and I’m at 93% battery life. This seems pretty low. Do batteries tend to have falloff then level out? Where are you guys sitting?
I'd argue and say its pretty good, that is if you mean "low" as a bad thing that it has degraded more than expected.
My 13 pro that I have had for + 2 years is down to 85% but has been sitting there for a year or so.

Alpha Centauri

macrumors 65816
Oct 13, 2020
Month 14 owning a 13 Mini with 90% battery health currently. It dropped from 100% at month 11 and declined steeply thereafter.

Last edited:

Alpha Centauri

macrumors 65816
Oct 13, 2020
23 months with 13 Mini - battery health 97% currently.
what's your secret? Mine was overnight charging only (5W) to arrive at 90% health after 14 months.

Edit: that's comparatively a phenomenal difference

Last edited:

SalisburySam

macrumors 6502a
May 19, 2019
Salisbury, North Carolina
Two iPhone13mini’s, both 16 months old, both at 98%, Optimized Battery Charging on for both, no other steps taken to help. Both are plugged in overnight to iPad (one iPhone) and Anker (other iPhone) charging wall warts. So far, love, love, love these two iPhones.

BugeyeSTI

macrumors 604
Aug 19, 2017
Arizona/Illinois
I wish Apple would allow a hard 80% rule in iOS rather than just the “optimised” option as I’d be happy to limit myself to 80%.

Mine is launch day age thereabouts and is at 84% despite me avoiding charging it above 80% (although it does still get there occasionally).

Almost looking forward to it getting to below 80% so I can get Apple to replace it. Last time I tried to change an iPhone battery above 80% they said no - is that still the case?
I've had two different iPhone batteries replaced by Apple before they were at 80%.. One was at 86% and the other at 82%. They will tell you it isn't necessary. Just tell them you're aware it's early for a replacement but you'll pay for the service. In my case, it was the Apple Store in Scottsdale AZ. Took about an hour both times with an appointment

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.