Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MacRumors

macrumors bot
Original poster
Apr 12, 2001

macupdate_bundle.png
A few times a year, MacRumors partners with MacUpdate to promote their Mac application bundle deal.

Their latest bundle delivers at 11 Mac applications for $49.99 (a $457 value if all purchased separately). Notably, it includes Parallels Desktop 7, a popular virtualization tool that allows users to run Windows on their Mac.

The full bundle includes (retail value in parenthesis):

- Parallels Desktop 7 ($79.99) - Run Windows and Linux apps alongside Mac OS X.
- ScreenFlow 3 ($99.99) - Screencasting software allowing you to record your screen.
- Civilization V ($39.99) - A turn-based game to lead a civilization through time.
- Jaksta ($49.99) - Record virtually any audio or video stream from the Web.
- Espionage 3 ($19.99) - Easily encrypt and password protect individual files or folders
- Speed Download 5 ($25.00) - Boost your file transfers so they take full advantage of your Internet connection.
- Attachment Tamer 3 ($14.99) - Apple Mail add-on that gives you enhanced control over email attachments.
- KeyCue 6 ($28.00) - Learn and discover keyboard shortcuts
- A Better Finder Rename 9 ($19.95) - Batch rename dozens, hundreds, or thousands of files.
- My Living Desktop 5 ($29.95) - Turn your Mac's desktop picture into a high-definition video.

The first 10,000 buyers also get BusyCal ($49.99 value).

All apps together are being sold for $49.99 until June 20th. MacRumors is a promotional partner with MacUpdate. Bundle sales through these links benefit MacRumors financially, and provide a way for readers to directly support this site.

Article Link: MacUpdate Bundle: 11 Mac Apps for $49.99, Including Parallels Desktop

Durendal

macrumors 6502
Apr 12, 2003
Well, crap, I bought Parallels on sale for $60 a while ago. Now I could get that and Civ 5 for less.

The rest seems to be the usual assortment of software that seems grotesquely overpriced for what it does when compared to free alternatives.

Dreamer2go

macrumors 6502a
Jun 23, 2007
Parallels, Screenflow and Civilization V are worth it enough for me to buy it!!
Great bundle!

cerote

macrumors 6502a
Mar 2, 2009
Finally. Been a few years since they had a package worthwhile for me.

I bought one a few years back that was worth it to me.

atticus18244fsa

macrumors 6502
Jul 11, 2008
Waterloo, ON
This is acutally one of the better bundles I've seen in a while. Between Screenflow and Parallels (which are both awesome programs) you already come out way ahead.

ezekielrage_99

macrumors 68040
Oct 12, 2005
Not to troll... There's nothing in the MUB I'd actually need/want, and usually these are GREAT!

Hastings101

macrumors 68020
Jun 22, 2010
K
If I didn't already have Parallels and ScreenFlow I'd buy this. Would have saved quite a bit of money and finally gotten around to playing Civ 5 lol

\-V-/

Suspended
May 3, 2012
Already bought a few of those. ;( Thanks for the notice, though.

Dangerous Theory

macrumors 68000
Jul 28, 2011
UK
Well, crap, I bought Parallels on sale for $60 a while ago. Now I could get that and Civ 5 for less.

The rest seems to be the usual assortment of software that seems grotesquely overpriced for what it does when compared to free alternatives.

IKR. $28 to learn how to use keyboard shortcuts?!? Devs would be laughing all the way to the bank if people were really that lacking in intelligence.

coachingguy

macrumors 6502a
How come these bundles tend to run around the same time. I got an email about a bundle from Productivemacs

http://www.productivemacs.com/

And no, I don't work for them... :roll eyes:

I don't know which one to get, they both offer excellent values and software, but like most bundles or old Albums, not all are worth the price of admission...

I'm really interested in DevonThink... Does anyone use it? have any advice?

Thanks,

Coachingguy

pacfolly

macrumors member
Mar 5, 2010
Nice plug, however, I'm ok. Thanks for all the Apple news coverage, though, and I'm anxiously awaiting what new Mac products Apple will be releasing next week :cool:

Mr. Retrofire

macrumors 603
Mar 2, 2010
www.emiliana.cl/en
- Parallels Desktop 7 ($79.99) - Run Windows and Linux apps alongside Mac OS X.
Causes kernel panics and other problems. Good alternatives are VMware Fusion (v3.x.x and v4.x.x) and VirtualBox v4.x.x.

- Speed Download 5 ($25.00) - Boost your file transfers so they take full advantage of your Internet connection.
Seriously? Use DownThemAll within Firefox and/or JDownloader (to download YouTube videos). For all other tasks, Fetch is a good alternative.

- A Better Finder Rename 9 ($19.95) - Batch rename dozens, hundreds, or thousands of files.
Good choice.

- My Living Desktop 5 ($29.95) - Turn your Mac's desktop picture into a high-definition video.
Seriously? *lol*

Stella

macrumors G3
Apr 21, 2003
Canada
I've been using Parallels for the past 3 or 4 years, including version 7 and I've never had any related kernel panics.

For games you can't beat Parallels. I've got VMWare too for other apps and gave up.

As always YMMV.

I've got the majority of these apps, but if you haven't its certainly a great deal - Speed Downloader, Parallels 7 and Screen Flow certainly stand out.

Causes kernel panics and other problems.

Good alternatives are VMware Fusion (v3.x.x and v4.x.x) and VirtualBox v4.x.x.

Seriously? Use DownThemAll within Firefox and/or JDownloader (to download YouTube videos). For all other tasks, Fetch is a good alternative.

Good choice.

Seriously? *lol*

The bundle at http://www.productivemacs.com/ is a great bundle.

Last edited:

davidec

macrumors 6502
Jan 31, 2008
No one can seriously whine about this package. Civ 5? Parallels? Screenflow!!!
These are awesome programs in their own right, but bundled together for 50 sheets.
Madness.
Shame I already purchased them all at full price
:rolleyes:

nuckinfutz

macrumors 603
Jul 3, 2002
Middle Earth
A Better Finder Renamer works well. I've been using it for the last four years , definitely I'd recommend it.
Might as well just buy that app alone.

I don't have the newest version but i've enjoyed using ABFR. Makes taking and managing a lot of digicam photos easy.

Way more power than the avg person knows about. Just some of the stuff you can do with metadata and iTunes or EXIF tagging is amazing when you want to create a standard for naming files.

----------

What? I can't have both?

;)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.