Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Hennesie2000

macrumors 68000
Sep 29, 2007
Maryland
Im not sure what you mean, sorry. I have took screenshots of the 3 files you have to add board IDs in so you can see if i have done it right. Cheers

The quotation mark right after Mac-F2218EC8 is italicized.

ScreenShot2014-10-17at14614PMcopy_zps5a9bc66a.png

mikeboss

macrumors 68000
Aug 13, 2009
switzerland
Updated LS 3.4.2 on my HDD (14A388a & LS 3.4.1), doesn't boot after.

here we go again
hehe.gif

I really would like to know what's going on here... after reading your post I installed LS 3.4.2 on a fresh Yosemite (14A389) running on MacPro2,1 with Pike's boot.efi. reboots just fine.

----------

Thanks, but that did not work. Checking the box was not an option.

ah, yeah. sorry. works if you're logged in as root (as I usually do when fiddling around with this kind of stuff).

Peloche

macrumors 6502
Oct 8, 2009
here we go again Image

I really would like to know what's going on here... after reading your post I installed LS 3.4.2 on a fresh Yosemite (14A389) running on MacPro2,1 with Pike's boot.efi. reboots just fine.

----------

Yeap but was not an update ?

Hennesie2000

macrumors 68000
Sep 29, 2007
Maryland
2006/2007 Mac Pro (1,1/2,1) and OS X Yosemite

Hello,

how can i change the locked Boot.efi @ Core Services?

In terminal:
Code:
sudo chflags nouchg <file path>

To lock it after replacing:
Code:
sudo chflags uchg <file path>

Easiest way to get the file path is to just drag the boot.efi file into the terminal window. And, the path is without the <>.

Last edited:

eyseman

macrumors newbie
Jan 3, 2014
USB and Sound Issues

Hi,

thanks to the step-by-step guide and the new b/w boot.efi, I managed to install Yosemite from an external FireWire Disk to my MacPro. The boot process works like charm, except that I do not see the boot logo for some reasons. However, I do face USB issues. The keyboard works just fine, but my mouse is incredible laggy. If I unplug the mouse and plug it back in, it is not recognized anymore. My G35 headset is also not detected (I also do not see a speaker icon in the menu bar whether I have the headphones plugged in or not).

My configuration is:
MacPro 2,1 (firmware upgrade from 1,1)
2x quadcore 2GHz
8 GB RAM
ATI Radeon 7750 HD 1GB

I had similar issues when upgrading from 10.9 to 10.9.2. I hoped to solve these with Yosemite. :(

Any ideas?

Thanks!
Best,

eyseman

Hennesie2000

macrumors 68000
Sep 29, 2007
Maryland
Hi, thanks to the step-by-step guide and the new b/w boot.efi, I managed to install Yosemite from an external FireWire Disk to my MacPro. The boot process works like charm, except that I do not see the boot logo for some reasons. However, I do face USB issues. The keyboard works just fine, but my mouse is incredible laggy. If I unplug the mouse and plug it back in, it is not recognized anymore. My G35 headset is also not detected (I also do not see a speaker icon in the menu bar whether I have the headphones plugged in or not).

My configuration is:
2x quadcore 2GHz
8 GB RAM
ATI Radeon 7750 HD 1GB

I had similar issues when upgrading from 10.9 to 10.9.2. I hoped to solve these with Yosemite. :(

Any ideas?

Thanks!
Best,

eyseman

Is that a flashed card?

The drivers for your mouse and headset might need to be updated.

The speaker icon can be turned on and off in system preferences.

mikeboss

macrumors 68000
Aug 13, 2009
switzerland
Hi,

thanks to the step-by-step guide and the new b/w boot.efi, I managed to install Yosemite from an external FireWire Disk to my MacPro. The boot process works like charm, except that I do not see the boot logo for some reasons. However, I do face USB issues. The keyboard works just fine, but my mouse is incredible laggy. If I unplug the mouse and plug it back in, it is not recognized anymore. My G35 headset is also not detected (I also do not see a speaker icon in the menu bar whether I have the headphones plugged in or not).

My configuration is:
2x quadcore 2GHz
8 GB RAM
ATI Radeon 7750 HD 1GB

Any ideas?

Thanks!
Best,

eyseman

strange that you're not getting the boot logo. your GPU has an Apple EFI ROM, right?

I never had any trouble on the USBus. what USB devices do you have connected to your Mac Pro? Apple keyboard & mouse? what else is there?

eyseman

macrumors newbie
Jan 3, 2014
strange that you're not getting the boot logo. your GPU has an Apple EFI ROM, right?

I never had any trouble on the USBus. what USB devices do you have connected to your Mac Pro? Apple keyboard & mouse? what else is there?

hi,

no, it is a PC stock card.

the devices are a generic usb mouse, a microsoft natural keyboard and the Logitech G35 headset at the moment. In addition, I do have a USB wifi device as my internal wifi/bt is not supported since maverick.
the keyboard and the wifi device do work just fine.

UPDATE:
I just built in my old mac GraphicsCard and booted into -v mode. I do get an error here:
USB sound assertion in AppleUSBAudioEngine at line 1605

aminorjourney

macrumors newbie
Oct 17, 2014
Success!

We've got a couple of Mac pros in the house: one is a 1,1 and one is a 2,1.

Interestingly, the USB installer I built using the guide in this thread worked just great with the black boot.efi file and our Mac Pro 2,1 with HD 5770.

Our older mac -- which we use as the server -- didn't want to boot at all with the black boot.efi file. It has a GT 640, so I never expected any boot logo to show but I did expect it to blind boot to the installer window. (That's what it does with mavericks)

However, it wouldn't boot until I replaced the black boot.efi file for the grey one. And Voila! Nicely done.

Thanks to everyone who has worked so hard on this. My 2006 Mac Pro 1,1 lives again -- complete with its scarily large RAID 0 array ;)

Nikki.

Attachments

• Success.png
    Success.png
    1.4 MB · Views: 130

Hennesie2000

macrumors 68000
Sep 29, 2007
Maryland
Success!

We've got a couple of Mac pros in the house: one is a 1,1 and one is a 2,1.

Interestingly, the USB installer I built using the guide in this thread worked just great with the black boot.efi file and our Mac Pro 2,1 with HD 5770.

Our older mac -- which we use as the server -- didn't want to boot at all with the black boot.efi file. It has a GT 640, so I never expected any boot logo to show but I did expect it to blind boot to the installer window. (That's what it does with mavericks)

However, it wouldn't boot until I replaced the black boot.efi file for the grey one. And Voila! Nicely done.

Thanks to everyone who has worked so hard on this. My 2006 Mac Pro 1,1 lives again -- complete with its scarily large RAID 0 array ;)

Nikki.

You should do the firmware flash to fix the unknown processor in About this Mac.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.