Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

rdowns

macrumors Penryn
Jul 11, 2003
So now we have 8 hockey fans and 3 threads. Seems about right. :rolleyes:

BenTrovato

macrumors 68040
Jun 29, 2012
Canada
It's time to bring back the NHL thread! I just pre-ordered NHL 15 for PS4.

Are we doing a MacRumors Yahoo fantasy league again? Last year was pretty good - thanks to who organized it.. I forget :)

NukeIT

macrumors regular
Mar 20, 2013
I could be down for a fantasy league.

About a month to go before pre-season games.

The Leafs Fan

macrumors 6502a
Sep 5, 2013
Canada
Hope the Leafs will make the playoffs this year after they finally decided that rolling 4 lines is a good idea. They'll probably hire Bylsma if the season doesn't get off to a good start, or maybe even promote Steve Spot.

----------

And Yahoo took away the ability to login with a Google account, so it would probably be better to use ESPN.

The.316

macrumors 65816
Jul 14, 2010
25100 GR
Watch out for my Panthers. They might just miss out on a playoff spot this season, but they are primed to become a very dangerous team soon.

The Leafs Fan

macrumors 6502a
Sep 5, 2013
Canada
Watch out for my Panthers. They might just miss out on a playoff spot this season, but they are primed to become a very dangerous team soon.

They seem to be going in the right direction....except for the Bolland signing. Even Garth Snow wouldn't have signed him for 5 million a year for 5 years.

The.316

macrumors 65816
Jul 14, 2010
25100 GR
They seem to be going in the right direction....except for the Bolland signing. Even Garth Snow wouldn't have signed him for 5 million a year for 5 years.

Yeah, I was a bit bummed about that, but its not that bad. And having Barkov, Bjugstad, Bolland, and MacKenzie as our four centers is fine by me. It does make things interesting in the future though, because we have guys like Shore and Trocheck ready to play that center role for the Panthers. With Tallon being allowed to spend now, I expect one of those two will be used as trade bait, to land us either a top four Dman, or top six winger.

One thing is for certain though, teams are going to have a tough time going against the 6-4 Barkov, followed by the 6-6 Bjugstad, at center. Barkov reminds me of a young Sundin, and Bjugstad looks like a better goal scoring Getzlaf.

Slimmyhendrix

macrumors regular
Sep 14, 2014
MN
go WILD!!
Look to have a good building team again this year if we can stay healthy. Still think Koivu is a garbage Captain. Wife works with one of his cousins and thinks we are crazy lol :D

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.