Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Roller

macrumors 68030
Jun 25, 2003
There's a time and place for everything, and that was definitely classless, and lacked sportsmanship.

Agreed. As for Cam, he's a young, very talented QB earning more than $20m a year, not counting endorsements. Hopefully, he'll mature over time and learn to deal with losses like an adult.

Reactions: pachyderm

rhett7660

macrumors G5
Jan 9, 2008
Sunny, Southern California
Ok. My mistake.

And I might add. since people here seem to hate the Seahawks.

Most-watched TV shows in US history:
1. Super Bowl 49: 114.4 million-- Seattle vs. NE
2. Super Bowl 48: 112.2 million-- Seattle vs. Denver
3. Super Bowl 50: 111.9 million--Denver vs. Carolina

Who hates the Seahawks now ?

This guy........

I liked the game, not the cleanest (penalty wise), not the most explosive (offensive wise) but a nice game none the less IMHO. It wasn't a blow out which is what I was hoping for, and the Bronco's came out on top!

The worst part, besides the half time show which was utterly atrocious, was Cam's post Super Bowl interview. Good lord, talk about a sore loser. I am a little biased towards him, being he is an Auburn guy, but good lord dude. Horrible.

maflynn

macrumors Haswell
May 3, 2009
Agreed. As for Cam, he's a young, very talented QB earning more than $20m a year, not counting endorsements. Hopefully, he'll mature over time and learn to deal with losses like an adult.
I hope the coach has a nice talk with him. I mean if you're going to have all those dance moves when you win, or score. Be prepared to stand tall as a man when you lose. I do chalk up his behavior as immaturity, I just hope they don't dismiss it and justify that sort of thing.

maflynn

macrumors Haswell
May 3, 2009
Reactions: satcomer

ucfgrad93

macrumors Core
Aug 17, 2007
Colorado

td1439

macrumors 6502
Sep 29, 2012
Boston-ish
That's awful and only shows how dysfunctional the Brown's organization is. Instead of enabling him, call it for what it is.

Wasn't their GM suspended last season for violating rules regarding texting during games? And now they are fudging injury reports? Culture of cheating, right?

(to be clear: I don't consider either action a big deal. Just another amusing example of media controlling narratives.)
[doublepost=1455046604][/doublepost]
Agreed. I wouldn't boo, I just wouldn't cheer.

Oh, I wouldn't expect everyone to cheer for him. That would be naive to the point of lunacy.

maflynn

macrumors Haswell
May 3, 2009
(to be clear: I don't consider either action a big deal. Just another amusing example of media controlling narratives.)
It is and it isn't.

First off, its a big deal because we're dealing with a young man, who has made some very bad life choices and instead of sweeping them under the rug, they should have been more upfront. Perhaps if he was faced with consequences earlier in his career (as a Browns or at the collegiate level), he may have made some different life choices.

Secondly, its making a mockery of the concussion protocol and I think the NFL in of itself is probably pissed over this.

On the other hand, we're not talking about cheating in the game, or betting, or taking HGH, so its not huge on that scale of infractions.

Sydde

macrumors 68030
Aug 17, 2009
IOKWARDI
Well, I get the feeling that Mr. Newton will follow in the path of Mr. Marino: a skilled and respected QB who never makes it back to the big show. Probably not resort to selling gloves, per se, but something like that.

Moyank24

macrumors 601
Aug 31, 2009
in a New York State of mind
I won't confirm on the validity of that issue (as I've not followed this too much), but I will say this may help motivate Manning to retire.

One of the things that strikes me about this situation is the power the media really has. They can protect someone like Manning (it's not like this information isn't widely available, and apparently has been for years), while jumping on the bandwagon against other players. Like the incessant reporting of Cam Newton's actions after the Super Bowl, as an example.

Reactions: zioxide

maflynn

macrumors Haswell
May 3, 2009
I think times have changed. Back when Manning was playing, schools, media and the NFL sought to protect the players and images by sweeping it under the rug. As I mentioned I haven't followed this story too much but something caused it to bubble back up to the top and now things are different and Manning is not getting a free pass as he did before.

Last edited:

zioxide

macrumors 603
Dec 11, 2006
One of the things that strikes me about this situation is the power the media really has. They can protect someone like Manning (it's not like this information isn't widely available, and apparently has been for years), while jumping on the bandwagon against other players. Like the incessant reporting of Cam Newton's actions after the Super Bowl, as an example.

It definitely shows the love affair the media and America has with manning.

Guy has a history of sexual assault and taking HGH yet everyone loves him.

Meanwhile, everyone hates Tom Brady because they don't understand how pressure decreases when it gets cold.

Gotta love it.

bigjnyc

macrumors 604
Apr 10, 2008
It definitely shows the love affair the media and America has with manning.

Guy has a history of sexual assault and taking HGH yet everyone loves him.

Meanwhile, everyone hates Tom Brady because they don't understand how pressure decreases when it gets cold.

Gotta love it.

Its funny that you automatically take the HGH allegations at face value, when the facts are just as murky as they were in the Brady fiasco. you fiercely defended Brady and knocked down everything presented but in the case of Manning you state he took HGH as fact..... So in essence you are doing exactly what the Media is doing, you have favoritism towards a specific player.

zioxide

macrumors 603
Dec 11, 2006
Its funny that you automatically take the HGH allegations at face value, when the facts are just as murky as they were in the Brady fiasco. you fiercely defended Brady and knocked down everything presented but in the case of Manning you state he took HGH as fact..... So in essence you are doing exactly what the Media is doing, you have favoritism towards a specific player.

It's not really the same situation though.

I believe the HGH claim because the player in question has a history of attempting to cover up improprieties. First the sexual assault he committed at Tennessee, and now taking HGH that was apparently shipped to him through his wife. People have had their heads in the sand for Manning for too long trying to ignore that sexual assault from college. U of Tennessee covered that up big time.

In Brady's case, the media blew up because most people don't understand temperature and pressure. It has been scientifically proven that Brady and the Patriots didn't do anything wrong. There's a great lecture on YouTube where an MIT professor (who is an Eagles fan) breaks it all down and throughly disproves any claim the NFL has made.

maflynn

macrumors Haswell
May 3, 2009

ruck

macrumors member
Jul 26, 2010
In Brady's case, the media blew up because most people don't understand temperature and pressure. It has been scientifically proven that Brady and the Patriots didn't do anything wrong. There's a great lecture on YouTube where an MIT professor (who is an Eagles fan) breaks it all down and throughly disproves any claim the NFL has made.

Link?

Sorry, but you don't destroy your cell phone unless you're guilty of something.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.