Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

GorgeousGeorge

macrumors newbie
Nov 30, 2012
Hobart
It is really interesting that people's cancel buttons are disappearing. Is it only happening in the US.
I ordered as soon as the buttons went live in the UK, about 18 mins after the US and I still have a cancel button.
Anyone else's cancel button gone, and where are you from?

Im in Australia.... Ordered mine within first half hour, got 2-3 weeks delivery time, ive ordered base model with 3tb fusion no other mods.... My cancel option has gone so hoping will receive shipment notice possibly next coupla days..... Who knows if it means anything at all..... Might simply have something to do with which payment option was used??? Fingers crossed it arrives by next Friday

Daz655321

macrumors newbie
Nov 23, 2010
Pending Order

My bank acct online no longer shows the pending balance for my iMac order. I called apple and they said it was normal and the rep offered to move my ship date from 12/31-1/7 to 12/28-1/4. She also changed the shipping to next day by noon. Though I am not sure what that will do when its shipping from China.

Ilke2gofst

macrumors newbie
Dec 6, 2012
Long time lurker first time posting. Took this screenshot and thought you guys who lost your cancel buttons might enjoy. Read the very beginning of the preparing for shipment step. States that you will lose the option to edit/cancel when it begins moving into the step of "preparing to ship"

Attachments

• Screen shot 2012-12-06 at 5.12.39 PM.png
    Screen shot 2012-12-06 at 5.12.39 PM.png
    89.5 KB · Views: 130

kidwei

macrumors regular
Sep 20, 2007
I ordered in the US around 12:30am PST with delivery window of Dec 24-31 and my cancel button hasn't yet disappeared.

Ilke2gofst

macrumors newbie
Dec 6, 2012
I ordered in the US around 12:30am PST with delivery window of Dec 24-31 and my cancel button hasn't yet disappeared.

Yea I ordered around 7AM EST and mine still has the cancel button as well. My delivery date is set for 21st-28th so I am praying it is here before Christmas as it is a surprise present for the wife. I think some may ship before others based on options that people chose vs. who ordered first, second, etc. I am curious though for those who have lost the cancel button what options you all chose? If all of those people ordered similar options and are seeing cancel buttons disappearing it may give us an idea of what options might take longer to fulfill than others.

bobright

macrumors 601
Jun 29, 2010
Yea I ordered around 7AM EST and mine still has the cancel button as well. My delivery date is set for 21st-28th so I am praying it is here before Christmas as it is a surprise present for the wife. I think some may ship before others based on options that people chose vs. who ordered first, second, etc. I am curious though for those who have lost the cancel button what options you all chose? If all of those people ordered similar options and are seeing cancel buttons disappearing it may give us an idea of what options might take longer to fulfill than others.

Yup, to those who's cancel button is missing what's your delivery date and what is in your unit? If you got a stock model maybe that explains it. I got a Fusion drive and the cancel button is still there delivery date of 21-28

Ilke2gofst

macrumors newbie
Dec 6, 2012
My CC has been charged and my cancel button is gone. Delivery holding steady at 20th to 24th. :)

What BTO options did you have? Curious if they are different than mine. I ordered..

3.4GHz Quad-Core Intel Core i7
8GB 1600MHz DDR3 SDRAM-2X4GB
1TB Fusion Drive
NVIDIAGeFrc GTX 680MX 2G GDDR5
APPLE MAGIC MOUSE
Apple WL Kybd (English)+UG
COUNTRY KIT

----------

Also anyone who lost the cancel button check to see if your CC has been charged. Should mean shipping is imminent. One can only hope! :D

starkles

macrumors newbie
Nov 30, 2012
What BTO options did you have? Curious if they are different than mine. I ordered..

1TB Fusion Drive
APPLE MAGIC MOUSE
Apple WL Kybd (English)+UG
COUNTRY KIT

----------

Also anyone who lost the cancel button check to see if your CC has been charged. Should mean shipping is imminent. One can only hope! :D

i5, 680mx and 1tb fusion. :)

EmmanuelJB

macrumors regular
Mar 13, 2011
Yes, Show us Screen shots of the missing cancel button lol. Also has anyone's order status been moved to "Prepared For Shipment"?

Incindium

macrumors member
Apr 3, 2009
Anyone get an Apple Care welcome email yet? Back when I ordered my iPad 3 I got the Apple Care+ welcome email at the point that my order started moving forward to delivery...

Ilke2gofst

macrumors newbie
Dec 6, 2012
i5, 680mx and 1tb fusion. :)

Interesting could be the i5? I ordered the same as you except I went with i7. Curious to see if the first shipments are all with i5. Keep us updated if your status changes! I just want to see some 27's start shipping.

MuSiCh4Film

macrumors member
Mar 21, 2012
Paris, France
First Apple Product Ever!

My 27" iMac that I bought through Apple's AE (Dubai) Online Store:

Processing Items
Ships: 3 - 4 Weeks
Delivers 27 Dec, 2012 - 06 Jan, 2013

Qty: 1
27-inch iMac

Configuration
1TB Fusion Drive
MAGIC TRACKPAD-Z
KEYNOTE PREINSTALLED
Apple WL Kybd

(Planning on bringing it back with me to Paris when i visit.)

MarketingGuy

macrumors regular
Apr 6, 2010
Hillsborough, NJ
From my experience with the 15" rMBP, it appears that they organize the production lines for similar builds. For example, sometimes a bunch of people with similar options on the high-end will go into production, then 6 hours later, the lower-end model would go into production. The fact that BTOs are going into production is a very good sign. Now, we just have to hope that they just start shipping these out and don't wait for some arbitrary launch date when the 27's will be available in stores.

PS, my 3.4GHz i7, 680mx, 768GB SSD with magic trackpad, ordered at 12:01am PT, still has the cancel button.

NVRENUF!

macrumors regular
Mar 19, 2012
PERTH, Australia
My Cancel button has disappeared how ever the cancel option is still on the left side there. and i can hover over it as to click. (would hate to click it by accident haha)

Still saying processing order though
order.jpg

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.