Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

jkautosports

macrumors regular
Dec 6, 2012
New York, NY
On its way to Anchorage, Alaska! Should be landing in about 7 hours

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    123.7 KB · Views: 47

bayleaves

macrumors regular
Feb 25, 2012
Silicon Valley
Aw man. I made the mistake of looking at another thread. There are people who claim they had delivery estimates for January, and theirs have shipped. Now that REALLY hurts.

dryice589

macrumors member
Dec 10, 2012
All I know is UPS and their "contractors" are worst than FedEx.

As I posted previously the last update we got was on 12/11 910pm from Alaska.

Since UPS probably forgot to scan the arrival in Louisville at 5am on 12/12/2012. And UPS is using contractors for final leg.

We have no clue where our packages are. I live in Orlando area and the package is somewhere on a contractor truck between Louisville and Orlando.

Keep us up to date if you find out anything else. I know mine has been on the same track as yours.

Thanks.

mchoffa

macrumors 6502a
Jul 12, 2008
Asheville, NC
Aw man. I made the mistake of looking at another thread. There are people who claim they had delivery estimates for January, and theirs have shipped. Now that REALLY hurts.

I would ASSUME those would be base models? Have you called just to make sure your order is ok? I guess as long as it ships in time to get to you during your estimated delivery date it's technically not late, but does stink that they didn't do these in order they were purchased.

bgsnmky

macrumors regular
Sep 22, 2012
Just got my notification ...should be DELIVERED on the 19th...

Yikes..better get my desk and current PC ready.

LogicPro

macrumors regular
Dec 11, 2012
So... I had a dream that my status never changed, but the iMac was just delivered to my house without notice. There it just was!

I think I'm spending too much time here.

On the flipside, My delivery date changed to 3-9th rather than 7-11th. So... that's nice.

Do you guys actually have "overnight delivery?" How did you make that happen?

Razorhog

macrumors 65816
Sep 16, 2006
Arkansas
I think a terrific idea for a documentary would be about Apple's logistics. Follow an item from the moment a customer clicks the order button to the delivery person getting to their doorstep. The sheer mind-numbing numbers of how many people, machines, and resources it takes to get an iPhone ordered, built, and in your hands...Of course that would mean Apple/Foxconn would have to allow a TV crew into the factory. I've seen videos of inside Foxconn before, so maybe it could happen. Anyway, just a thought. :)

draculaxxx

macrumors newbie
Oct 19, 2012
I'm stuck in Alaska for the past three days. UPS is so much worse than FedEx.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    178 KB · Views: 68

dryice589

macrumors member
Dec 10, 2012
So... I had a dream that my status never changed, but the iMac was just delivered to my house without notice. There it just was!

I think I'm spending too much time here.

On the flipside, My delivery date changed to 3-9th rather than 7-11th. So... that's nice.

Do you guys actually have "overnight delivery?" How did you make that happen?

I dreamed about my delivery status the other night too. I woke up and checked 2 or 3 times that night...

aerobyravol

macrumors regular
Dec 12, 2012
Switzerland
I think a terrific idea for a documentary would be about Apple's logistics. Follow an item from the moment a customer clicks the order button to the delivery person getting to their doorstep. The sheer mind-numbing numbers of how many people, machines, and resources it takes to get an iPhone ordered, built, and in your hands...Of course that would mean Apple/Foxconn would have to allow a TV crew into the factory. I've seen videos of inside Foxconn before, so maybe it could happen. Anyway, just a thought. :)

It would definitively be a full-length film, classified as thriller. :D

For sure a Blockbuster!

Last edited:

Fantola

macrumors member
Oct 12, 2012
Århus, Denmark
I would ASSUME those would be base models? Have you called just to make sure your order is ok? I guess as long as it ships in time to get to you during your estimated delivery date it's technically not late, but does stink that they didn't do these in order they were purchased.

Mine has all the nice stuff: i7, mx 680, fusion!
3-7 January!

Preparing to ship! :D

jkautosports

macrumors regular
Dec 6, 2012
New York, NY

As long as they are using FedEx and not UPS... UPS would just make Apple look bad!

bflowers

macrumors 6502a
Jul 19, 2006
It didn't change to "in transit" this morning? If so, it should be on flight FX28 to anchorage right now

I did, but not until I had already been up and checked it twice. I was sort of hoping it would go directly to Memphis, as I live in St. Louis. If only it had been ready a few hours earlier yesterday. :( Oh well, now I have to wait until Monday or Tuesday (Tuesday being the estimated delivery date) and hopefully not miss the FedEx guy when taking the kids to school or the doctor's office... Maybe I can get my neighbor to hang out at my house for an hour both days!

MayDayDesign

macrumors newbie
Dec 14, 2012
Delivery Dec. 19

YES!!!

Scheduled Delivery:
Wednesday, 12/19/2012, By End of Day

Last Location:
Departed - Anchorage, AK, United States, Thursday, 12/13/2012

27-inch iMac

Configuration

3.2GHz Quad-Core Intel Core i5
8GB 1600MHz DDR3 SDRAM-2X4GB
1TB 7200-rpm Serial ATA Drive
NVIDIAGeFrc GTX 680MX 2G GDDR5

millk18

macrumors regular
Jun 16, 2010
January scheduled deliveries are being placed and my 7:30am, November 30 order still sits in "Processing Items?" What is going on?!?

Ordered from St. Louis online at 7:30am on November 30.
27-inch iMac
3.4GHz Quad-core Intel Core i7, Turbo Boost up to 3.9GHz
8GB 1600MHz DDR3 SDRAM - 2x4GB
3TB Fusion Drive
NVIDIA GeForce GTX 680MX 2GB GDDR5

Available to ship: 2 - 3 Weeks
Delivers Dec 24 - Dec 31 by Standard Shipping
Called and got shipping changed to Dec 20-27 via 2-3 day Business Days

aerobyravol

macrumors regular
Dec 12, 2012
Switzerland
iMac just shipped! :D (Denmark)
(I have 3-7 january delivery still)

This will soon change.
Mine also shipped today (Switzerland).
And the estimate delivery date already slipped from Dec 27 - Jan 3rd to Dec 20 :D

So, I'm pretty sure yours will update accordingly.

Keep us posted!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.