Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Foxer

macrumors 65816
Feb 22, 2003
Washington, DC
Don't trust FedEx tracking

Since my Shipping Notice came early on Weds, there was no update. Simply said "In Transit. Shanghai" Checked before I left the house this morning and still no change. Checked again an hour later at my office, and now it's on a truck for delivery today. FedEx originally had been saying Monday, so I may get very lucky and be spared a weekend of anticipation.

beachmama13

macrumors newbie
Jun 15, 2012
Still processing here.... Ordered 30 November @ 10am est. Losing hope for an early arrival.

Available to ship: 2 - 3 Weeks
Delivers Dec 24 - Dec 31 via Standard Shipping
.Configuration

•3.4GHz Quad-Core Intel Core i7
•8GB 1600MHz DDR3 SDRAM-2X4GB
•1TB Fusion Drive
•NVIDIAGeFrc GTX 680MX 2G GDDR5
•MAGIC MOUSE+MAGIC TRACKPAD
•APPLE BATTERY CHARGER
•Apple WL Kybd (English)+UG
•COUNTRY KIT

APLRULZ

macrumors member
Sep 18, 2012
UPS Sucks!

I hope you guys are having better luck with UPS than I am. My package has not updated since it departed Shanghai to Anchorage. So I called UPS to inquire about this and of course they cant tell me what I want to know, like where my package is. All they would tell me is that it shows as delivering on Monday by end of day. I kept asking what the reason for delay in tracking was. The only answer this lady could/would give me is that she only has one system and all it tells her is that is in route to Louisville, Ky. I said ok well that means it cleared customs then correct? She said she didnt have that info. I was like then how could it be in route to Louisville, Ky if it has not cleared customs. You guys see where im going with this, right? I even flat out asked the lady that I felt she was just telling me things to satisfy me and get me of the phone. Of course I didn't like any of her answers but she claims there is no one else to talk to. Wow, really? I called the 800 number for international shipments. She actually said that they cant do anything until the package doesnt arrive on its scheduled delivery day. What the hell kind of service is this???? I pay 2500 plus dollars for an item and they jerk around their customers like this? Unbelievable. So, does anybody have a different number to try or had better luck with. I am just dumbfounded that a business this size and making this much money can operate and treat people like this.

Keola

macrumors newbie
Nov 30, 2012
My BTO 27" iMac just arrived even though the updated delivery date suggested Monday morning. Happier than a kid on Christmas! Just can't stop grinning ...

(I ordered it within 35 minutes of it being released)

Upgraded the ram and now updating software. Will test the ram and use migration assistant after.

Mac2133

macrumors member
May 31, 2012
Aw man. I made the mistake of looking at another thread. There are people who claim they had delivery estimates for January, and theirs have shipped. Now that REALLY hurts.

Ms Bayleaves, I feel your pain. I'm in your 5-min club. Mine finally went to prep for ship yesterday and then was shipped 8 hour later at 11pm (mountain time).

I'm about 99% sure that yours will go to prep sometime today US time and will ship around midnight PST. So, take heart.. :eek:

draculaxxx

macrumors newbie
Oct 19, 2012
same here, except that my package made it to anchorage, and after that no updates for three days.

I hope you guys are having better luck with UPS than I am. My package has not updated since it departed Shanghai to Anchorage. So I called UPS to inquire about this and of course they cant tell me what I want to know, like where my package is. All they would tell me is that it shows as delivering on Monday by end of day. I kept asking what the reason for delay in tracking was. The only answer this lady could/would give me is that she only has one system and all it tells her is that is in route to Louisville, Ky. I said ok well that means it cleared customs then correct? She said she didnt have that info. I was like then how could it be in route to Louisville, Ky if it has not cleared customs. You guys see where im going with this, right? I even flat out asked the lady that I felt she was just telling me things to satisfy me and get me of the phone. Of course I didn't like any of her answers but she claims there is no one else to talk to. Wow, really? I called the 800 number for international shipments. She actually said that they cant do anything until the package doesnt arrive on its scheduled delivery day. What the hell kind of service is this???? I pay 2500 plus dollars for an item and they jerk around their customers like this? Unbelievable. So, does anybody have a different number to try or had better luck with. I am just dumbfounded that a business this size and making this much money can operate and treat people like this.

bayleaves

macrumors regular
Feb 25, 2012
Silicon Valley
Ms Bayleaves, I feel your pain. I'm in your 5-min club. Mine finally went to prep for ship yesterday and then was shipped 8 hour later at 11pm (mountain time).

I'm about 99% sure that yours will go to prep sometime today US time and will ship around midnight PST. So, take heart.. :eek:

Keeping my fingers crossed that you're right! Now my big worry is that whenever my status changes I will die of shock. But at least my husband will have a nice new iMac in a week or so. When they display my photo at my funeral, they can use that nice 27" display instead of an easel. :p

JonnyIreland

macrumors 6502a
Mar 10, 2010
Toronto, Canada
Keeping my fingers crossed that you're right! Now my big worry is that whenever my status changes I will die of shock. But at least my husband will have a nice new iMac in a week or so. When they display my photo at my funeral, they can use that nice 27" display instead of an easel. :p

Lol I also am beginning to think that I will have a seizure if my status actually ever changes from 'Processing'... Not sure I would believe my eyes!

Snoosedaddy

macrumors regular
Apr 3, 2011
Colorado Springs
I keep checking different devices, I.e. iPad, iPhone, iMac....never know if one is working properly. Still processing. I think I am going to go buy another toy, to keep my mind off this one.

arthur23

macrumors newbie
Dec 13, 2012
I have been doing some sleuthing. It doesn't appear that FEDEX 28 flys on fridays to Anchorage. http://flightaware.com/live/flight/FDX28

I wonder if this means the package will stay until later this weekend/monday? My status changed at 10:48 Shanghai time to "in transit"

Question: Does "In transit" actually mean its on an airplane?

brou

macrumors newbie
Dec 7, 2010
1tb fusion, 680mx, i7

Ordered at 11:30AM CST on 11/30. I'm still processing.

Is there anybody that ordered after me that has already shipped?

Who are you guys talking to at Apple that is giving the freebies for the wait? It took some doing just to get 2-3 day shipping.

echomango

macrumors member
Jun 10, 2012
January scheduled deliveries are being placed and my 7:30am, November 30 order still sits in "Processing Items?" What is going on?!?

Ordered from St. Louis online at 7:30am on November 30.
27-inch iMac
3.4GHz Quad-core Intel Core i7, Turbo Boost up to 3.9GHz
8GB 1600MHz DDR3 SDRAM - 2x4GB
3TB Fusion Drive
NVIDIA GeForce GTX 680MX 2GB GDDR5

Available to ship: 2 - 3 Weeks
Delivers Dec 24 - Dec 31 by Standard Shipping
Called and got shipping changed to Dec 20-27 via 2-3 day Business Days

Indeed! Had the same reaction as I saw my status perseverating "processing" :confused: We ordered about the same time and have the same result thus far. Does this make us processing brothers?:D

Keola

macrumors newbie
Nov 30, 2012
I have been doing some sleuthing. It doesn't appear that FEDEX 28 flys on fridays to Anchorage. http://flightaware.com/live/flight/FDX28

I wonder if this means the package will stay until later this weekend/monday? My status changed at 10:48 Shanghai time to "in transit"

If it says it has cleared international shipment release then in transit probably means on the plane!

LogicPro

macrumors regular
Dec 11, 2012
So... My 16GB ram came in a few days ago, but my iMac is probably a few weeks away. Should I use the ram in my mid-2008 MacBook in the meanwhile, or is that a bad idea?

WilliamG

macrumors G3
Mar 29, 2008
Seattle
*wakes up with drool everywhere*

Wha? Huh? Where am I? Is my iMac here?

My sour grapes (or cucumbers) aside, I am glad that people are posting all this shipping info, because it gives me hope and because it gives me an idea of the time frame for arrival whenever mine finally ships. I'm waiting to see WilliamG and Edry's orders arrive! Hopefully I'm not too far behind.

Sending...more...happy....vibes!

Mine got shipped!!!!! Still can't believe arriving the 19th William I think yours and mine are in the same plane. Lol anyways I have a weird feeling its gonna come a day early I hope so either way ill be expecting the 19th

Ooooh! Brothers to the end! :D

Mine left Shanghai at 10:48pm, December 14, which wasn't that long ago really. We'll see what happens when it hits the You Ess of of Eh!

My email says December 19, but FedEx doesn't have a date.

10:48 pm
In transit
SHANGHAI CN
10:47 pm
International shipment release - Export
SHANGHAI CN

KEEP THOSE SURPRISES COMING, seriously!

jkautosports

macrumors regular
Dec 6, 2012
New York, NY

FDX28 flew last Friday and the Friday before that... Dunno where you saw that :confused:

My guess is that yours is on FDX90, which leaves at 11:22PM CST

----------

*wakes up with drool everywhere*

Wha? Huh? Where am I? Is my iMac here?

Sending...more...happy....vibes!

Ooooh! Brothers to the end! :D

Mine left Shanghai at 10:48pm, December 14, which wasn't that long ago really. We'll see what happens when it hits the You Ess of of Eh!

My email says December 19, but FedEx doesn't have a date.

10:48 pm
In transit
SHANGHAI CN
10:47 pm
International shipment release - Export
SHANGHAI CN

KEEP THOSE SURPRISES COMING, seriously!

Nice! Yours made it onto the flight on time. Should arrive at Memphis around 11PM tonight. You will most likely have it Monday :D

WilliamG

macrumors G3
Mar 29, 2008
Seattle
FDX28 flew last Friday and the Friday before that... Dunno where you saw that :confused:

My guess is that yours is on FDX90, which leaves at 11:22PM CST

----------

Nice! Yours made it onto the flight on time. Should arrive at Memphis around 11PM tonight. You will most likely have it Monday :D

Ooooh that would be fun. :D :D :D

aneftp

macrumors 601
Jul 28, 2007

Read my posts. UPS probably forgot to scan the Louisville arrive on 12/12 around 5AM. And to make it even more confusing, UPS probably is using a contractor for the final leg. And since it's a contractor it's not trackable until it reaches the main UPS hub near your area to be finally broken down and sent out for local delivery.

Kronen

macrumors regular
Dec 10, 2012
Oxford, MS
UPS Update

In their tv commercials, UPS spokesman Ed Harris asks, "What can Brown do for you?"

Well for a start, they could deliver my damn package!

Still, my iMac is inching closer. Hang in there, fellow UPS sufferers.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2012-12-14 at 10.16.45 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2012-12-14 at 10.16.45 AM.png
    138.6 KB · Views: 83
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.