Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Darien Red Sox

macrumors regular
Dec 13, 2010
CT, USA
Ability to act as an AT&T Uverse receiver would be nice. No need to pay rent on it each month.

EWTN and BYU would be nice to have on the :apple:TV. They don't cost anything to stream and are available on other platforms.

INSP, would also be nice, even at a small cost.

Local Channels, what happened to the days when you could get these for free?

thenaes

macrumors member
Nov 20, 2011
You will never see Amazon on Apple TV... unless they allow something similar to what Microsoft does on the Xbox... can't purchase/rent directly, but can access Amazon Prime videos and anything bought/rented from Amazon's website. I'd be perfectly fine with that implementation.

Anyway... top 3 channels/apps I guess:

Plex
Amazon
Verizon FiOS (And other providers... Comcast, etc)

Bryan Bowler

macrumors 601
Sep 27, 2008
In order of preference for me:

1) Amazon VOD
2) Discovery
3) NFL, pay per game

I don't subscribe to cable, so this "sign in with your cable account" stuff doesn't do me any good. I certainly like free programming, but I'm willing to pay for channels or shows/sporting events that I want to watch. I hope that we have more options in the future.

Bryan

Uofmtiger

macrumors 68020
Dec 11, 2010
Memphis
Vudu
Xbmc
MOG

I have two of the above on a Roku, but would love to have them on Appletv. I don't think any of them will ever be on Appletv, though.

CrazyNurse

macrumors regular
Oct 23, 2012
I have DirecTV and use Blurays.

But I am also an Amazon Prime member and haven't used the included streaming service.

I've read I could mirror it from my Mac Mini to ATV2.

Anyone have any suggestions? I guess I'll have to get the PS4;)

Lord Hamsa

macrumors 6502a
Jul 16, 2013
Playboy
AMC
NFL

Apple won't do Playboy under any circumstances.

----------

I have DirecTV and use Blurays.

But I am also an Amazon Prime member and haven't used the included streaming service.

I've read I could mirror it from my Mac Mini to ATV2.

Anyone have any suggestions? I guess I'll have to get the PS4;)

You should be able to use AirPlay from any Mac (running ML or later, IIRC) to an ATV3. I don't think that's supported in ATV2.

sim667

macrumors 65816
Dec 7, 2010
Plex.

I dont need any others tbh..... although if it go 4od, BBC iplayer and discovery channel I'd probably cancel my tivo subscription.

Todisco

macrumors newbie
Sep 1, 2011
Atlanta, GA
Needed to cut the cord

Aereo (Carries the National/Local NFL Game) (AirPlay does not cut it - connection to jittery)

HGTV (for the Wife)

TBS (the Wife's "Fall asleep - boring sitcom TV:

These are my three channels needed to cut the cord forever!!!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.