Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Sgtarky

macrumors regular
Dec 24, 2011
Benton, Arkansas
The only thing you lose is the Trailers app.

maybe there was an update, but the dns change left Netflix unusable until you changed the dns back...really thats all I would use it for, Plex, Netflix and I might airplay something every once in while...got to be kidding me if they think I am going to pay for the other channels.

cplclegg

macrumors newbie
Jun 8, 2011
1) Disney Junior (no idea why this wasn't included with XD and regular)
2) Nick (for the kids)
3) Sunday Ticket (although I do had a PS3 and get it that way)

Ultimately I'd settle for universal AirPlay on all my TV apps, only about half of the ones that added live-stream or all recent shows have it.

viggen61

macrumors 6502
Jul 24, 2002
New Jersey
Twit
Amazon Prime Videos
Food Network

(But mostly I just want Twit!)
blackapple.gif
blackapple.gif

institute

macrumors regular
Oct 10, 2012
maybe there was an update, but the dns change left Netflix unusable until you changed the dns back...really thats all I would use it for, Plex, Netflix and I might airplay something every once in while...got to be kidding me if they think I am going to pay for the other channels.

You must have installed Plexconnect wrong, the whole point of the program is to let you use all the ATV apps except the Trailers app which, instead, becomes the Plex interface.

rcp27

macrumors regular
May 12, 2010
Any

Apple seem to have no interest in marketing this device outside of North America.

fpnc

macrumors 68000
Oct 30, 2002
San Diego, CA
Turner Classic Movies (TCM, in HD please)

BBC iPlayer

PBS (I know, they already support AirPlay, but I'd prefer a direct channel with on demand for everything)

Lord Hamsa

macrumors 6502a
Jul 16, 2013
Plex
plex
plex

my appletv is collecting dust and will do so until it has a plex app

I highly doubt you'll get one. Apple is not generally in the business of promoting apps that replace their stock ones - they're not going to open their arms for Plex when they want people to use iTunes.

MeeMac

macrumors regular
Original poster
Mar 17, 2013
Thank You All

I appreciate all the responses. I actually looked into a few of the “wants” shared that I was unfamiliar with.

As for me, the 3 Channels I would like to see on Apple TV are Esquire (for entertainment); ESPNW (for sports); and Prison Planet TV (for news). :D

nabwong

macrumors regular
Apr 4, 2008
Wasn't Crackle added already?

Amazon Video would be nice. But Airplay works at least. And Plex would be nice.

The amazon airplay quality isn't very good especially for bigger tvs. I have a 55" and there's a lot of pixelation.

Dobbs2

macrumors 6502
Jun 5, 2008
Twitch
NBCSN Live Extra For Premier League
Fox Sports For the FA Cup, Champions League, College Football
Amazon VOD

nabwong

macrumors regular
Apr 4, 2008
3 Channels I Want On Apple TV are….

That's strange. Tried it on a 55" and 65" HDTV and it looks fine to me.

I compared it with a roku that played directly to the tv. And it was significantly better. Wanted to really like the atv but I'm returning it and waiting to see what the new update brings.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.