3 Reasons why the 5S will be a Major success...

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by DBZmusicboy01, Jun 9, 2013.

1. macrumors 6502

• Many of the 4S owner's contract will expire so they might plan on getting the new iPhone...
    • iOS 7 and it's exclusive features for the 5S like fingerprint scanner and others.
    • Better everything that would make many iPhone 5 owners want to get it like a WAY better camera with dual flash and better quality..no more scuffs hopefully and better speakers/microphone. MAYBE even a bigger screen. But the 5S will be the best S model update ever. Quote me when this becomes true.

2. macrumors 68020

Mac'nCheese

Hold on, gonna pop some corn, this is going to be fun...

3. macrumors 65816

They have a long way to go..

4. macrumors 604

cynics

I believe hardware is going to be the same externally. So no dual flash or fingerprint scanner (dumb anyway but that's just my opinion). It will get your typical better camera, faster processor, etc.

Then some exclusive feature like all the S models have had.

I think it will be a success because its an iPhone.

5. macrumors 68020

Hankster

I'm sure you'd love for Apple to come busting out with a great product, but all rumors point to the 5S having minor upgrades and that's about it. Nothing ground breaking or truly innovative enough to draw new customers. They came out with Siri and while it was fun for a few months, I use Siri less than once a month now and it's only for calling people while driving. Siri is no longer a make/break feature.

The phone will do well, but nothing like before. Too many consumers have already moved to Samsung. And, just like Apple users once you're on a platform it's very hard to leave since you spend money on apps, etc.

6. macrumors 68040

It will be a success regardless because it's the new iPhone. Just like every year and model before it the iPhone 5S will be the new "best selling iPhone ever".

7. macrumors 6502a

It's a sick spell Apple has over us isn't it? ;)

8. macrumors 601

By this logic the 5 was a success because the 4 contracts were expiring, and the 4s was a success because the 3GS contracts also expired :rolleyes:

9. macrumors 68030

ReallyBigFeet

Android users spend 30% less time on apps, and iOS is clearly the dominant force when it comes to the network effect. Power Users prefer iOS.

Source.

10. macrumors 68000

Upgrades cycles are a huge reason.

"Better everything" is not a reason and dual flash makes for a marginally better camera indoors.

11. macrumors 6502a

I'm one of the 4S owners waiting to see what the 5S has to offer. I am eligible for an upgrade this coming week, as should all the other launch day adopters.

12. macrumors 68000

If the iphone 5S was dramatically better than the 5, it would be at the forefront of WWDC. In fact, we will likely hear nothing about it at WWDC.

13. macrumors 68000

Kind of hard to make any predictions until something is announced.... History tells is the 5S will be an incremental update but we all just have to sit back and wait and see.....

14. macrumors 68040

chrf097

No it wouldn't. It could have a 5 inch screen and an 8 core processor and we wouldn't.

Apple moved the iPhone launch to Fall, so they could show off iOS at WWDC.

They have ALWAYS shown the next version of iOS before the next iPhone

iOS 2.0 Reveal (March 2008) -> iPhone 3G (WWDC 2008, June)
    iOS 3.0 Reveal (March 2009) -> iPhone 3GS (WWDC 2009, June)
    iOS 4.0 Reveal (April 2010) -> iPhone 4 (WWDC 2010, June)
    iOS 5.0 Reveal (WWDC 2011, June) -> iPhone 4S (October 2011)
    iOS 6.0 Reveal (WWDC 2012, June) -> iPhone 5 (September 2012)
    iOS 7.0 Reveal (WWDC 2013, June) -> 7th Generation iPhone, Fall 2013

15. macrumors regular

It will be a success because it will be the "new" iPhone for 2013, regardless of which features it may include.

And yes, those of us, such as myself whose 4S contracts are eligible for an upgrade and have been waiting patiently, will have something to look forward to.

In hindsight, the 4S did not bring much major or innovative to the table, but, coming from a 3GS and having skipped the 4, it was a welcome upgrade. As I am sure that coming from a 4S, and having skipped the 5, will make the 5S a welcome upgrade as well.

16. macrumors 6502

I had a 4s but went to a 4 32 gig. Now I can't wait for the 5s. It will be like a 3 year update #

17. macrumors 6502

AlabamaSlammer

Have to say that I just sold my iphone 5 32gb and went to the galaxy s4. Android has improved so much since I last used it ( Droid 2 on gingerbread ) was the last time I used it. Yes, that phone sucked.

But anyway, with what apps I use and the tasks I do, not to mention the screen, I just had to make the switch.

I do miss taking pictures the iphone 5 and when I get home they are ready to edit in iphoto but taking the extra step to upload to google drive is not that big of deal. Still have the ipad 4 and I am excited to see what ios 7 brings but for me the iphone just didn't do it anymore.

People waiting on the 5s, should really take a good look at the s4, htc one, or note 3 (when it comes out)... Personal opinion

18. macrumors 65816

My coworker did the same thing. He's had every iphone since the original..

Never thought I'd see him make such a huge upgrade

19. macrumors newbie

I'll actually be upgrading from the 5 if they fix the anodizing issue on the 5S. One decent 5S-exclusive feature, and I'll have a justification.

20. macrumors 68040

F123D

Hopefully.

21. macrumors 6502a

The iPhone 5S will be the same as the iPhone 5. Same design, same screen size. The only thing new is processor and RAM. Maybe camera. Just like iPhone 4 to 4S

22. macrumors 65816

Sounds about right. I think you're onto something.

23. macrumors newbie

Looking forward to it

24. macrumors 6502

TOMIMOT

I have to agree with you on this one, basically just the 5 juiced up internally. I think that iOS7 will play a huge part in this conference not the 5S like everyone else is speculating.

25. macrumors 603

kas23

One reason (actually a few reasons) why the iPhone 5S will not be a huge success:

All the major carriers going to a every 24 month upgrade policy.

Gone will be the days of people upgrading their iPhones annually (unless you will be paying full price, which I'm sure is not the reason iPhones sell so many units).