Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

sunking101

macrumors 604
Sep 19, 2013
9 hours is because I was listening to music. And I have seen people stats much higher than that. Should I turn off location for Facebook. Even using Safari just makes the percentage drop within minutes

That sounds bad then. I have everything switched off in location services, incuding system processes, except my sat nav and safari.

mjb59463

macrumors 6502
Jan 10, 2012
This is my battery life on the 6 plus, running 8.1.2

Attachments

• IMG_0034.PNG
    IMG_0034.PNG
    212.4 KB · Views: 117

JonMPLS

macrumors 68000
May 23, 2010
MN
I know everyone's life varies with usage patterns, but I have been happy to get about twice that of any of my previous iPhones! (Since I am mainly on Safari, and often on LTE, I get about 10 hours or so in the iPhone. With 2-3 days of standby!)

EdisEdward

macrumors 6502a
Feb 4, 2013
CycleCount: 74
DesignCapacity: 2855
FullChargeCapacity: 2700
BatteryCurrentCapacity: 45
BatteryIsCharging: true
ExternalChargeCapable: true
ExternalConnected: true
FullyCharged: false
GasGaugeCapability: true

My battery sucks, i wonder how low it has to be to get it replaced

sunking101

macrumors 604
Sep 19, 2013
CycleCount: 74
DesignCapacity: 2855
FullChargeCapacity: 2700
BatteryCurrentCapacity: 45
BatteryIsCharging: true
ExternalChargeCapable: true
ExternalConnected: true
FullyCharged: false
GasGaugeCapability: true

My battery sucks, i wonder how low it has to be to get it replaced

50% of the new capacity whilst within your warranty period. Hardly anyone manages this, unless their battery is faulty.

Mechinyun

macrumors 6502
Jun 24, 2010
Got this today - pretty rare though, usually I'm on the the phone more with business which drops me to about 12-13 hours.

XIGG1kJ.png

sunking101

macrumors 604
Sep 19, 2013
got this today - pretty rare though, usually i'm on the the phone more with business which drops me to about 12-13 hours.

Is that with 8.1.2?
My 6+ had brilliant battery life on 8.1.1 but since installing 8.1.2 it has got steadily worse. I now routinely get less than 10 hours of usage.

Mechinyun

macrumors 6502
Jun 24, 2010
Is that with 8.1.2?
My 6+ had brilliant battery life on 8.1.1 but since installing 8.1.2 it has got steadily worse. I now routinely get less than 10 hours of usage.

yes I am on 8.1.2.

I also have many features etc that i don't use turned off like background app fresh etc.

Sumter

macrumors 6502
May 21, 2014
A week old iPhone 6+. Not sure why it says audio for ProTube since I only use it for watching videos. Probably because I had it running in the background for a while at times when I checked out other stuff like texing & browsing web.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    256 KB · Views: 98

jponce97

macrumors member
Dec 21, 2014
Not sure if this thread is dead but I can't get close to near whats some of the screenshots here are posting for battery life.
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1424636920.262046.jpg

jponce97

macrumors member
Dec 21, 2014
Is that a 6+? If so then you're getting atrocious battery life.

Looks like you need to go through your settings with a fine toothed comb and possibly do a restore too.

Yes it's a 6+. I sadly think I have worse battery life than a normal 6:( And Thank you finally someone sees my problem. I went to an Apple Store and one of the Geniuses said it was "acceptable" since some of the apps like snapchat Instagram use data, which I didn't believe but didn't wanna argue with the Genius.
Also I think Spotify is on a bit of the high side? All my music is stored but I only listen about 4 hours total through out the day.

----------

And also I've seen 6+ that have everything activated like all the BAR apps and location services on for everything and they still get more than I do. I have turned off notifications for some apps (facebook for sure) BAR is off for faceobook too as is gps for facebook
I might just do a restore through iTunes But ugh the time needed to backup and restore my data .-.

sunking101

macrumors 604
Sep 19, 2013
Yes it's a 6+. I sadly think I have worse battery life than a normal 6:( And Thank you finally someone sees my problem. I went to an Apple Store and one of the Geniuses said it was "acceptable" since some of the apps like snapchat Instagram use data, which I didn't believe but didn't wanna argue with the Genius.
Also I think Spotify is on a bit of the high side? All my music is stored but I only listen about 4 hours total through out the day.

----------

And also I've seen 6+ that have everything activated like all the BAR apps and location services on for everything and they still get more than I do. I have turned off notifications for some apps (facebook for sure) BAR is off for faceobook too as is gps for facebook
I might just do a restore through iTunes But ugh the time needed to backup and restore my data .-.

You should be getting a minimum of 9.5 hours with heavy use (not games). I get 10-10.5 daily, and that's with mainly web browsing & video. Some people get over 12 hours.
I would bite the bullet and do a full restore and set up as a new phone. It's a pain but then so is having dreadful battery life like you're getting...

Your Spotify app is using 25% out of 6 hours' battery use. Have you been playing music via the Spotify app, whether stored on your phone or not, for one and a half hours? Mind you, scrap that last comment. The battery usage stats are over 24 hours and not just the current charge cycle. I don't know why Apple do that, as per cycle would be MUCH more helpful.

jponce97

macrumors member
Dec 21, 2014
6 Plus battery life: excellent

You should be getting a minimum of 9.5 hours with heavy use (not games). I get 10-10.5 daily, and that's with mainly web browsing & video. Some people get over 12 hours.

I would bite the bullet and do a full restore and set up as a new phone. It's a pain but then so is having dreadful battery life like you're getting...

Your Spotify app is using 25% out of 6 hours' battery use. Have you been playing music via the Spotify app, whether stored on your phone or not, for one and a half hours? Mind you, scrap that last comment. The battery usage stats are over 24 hours and not just the current charge cycle. I don't know why Apple do that, as per cycle would be MUCH more helpful.

Yea I don't really game much, Besides solitaire but I mean it's not even close to a resource demanding game lol.
I'll probably just do a full restore like you said. I don't think I've got data that will be lost, besides pictures but I can download them into iPhoto and put them back on the phone right?
And I completely agree Apple should do the stats per cycle not 24 hours.-.
And sorry for the noob question but even if I setup as a new phone my contacts should be in iCloud correct?
I ask because I've never done a restore as new phone :(

Last edited:

sunking101

macrumors 604
Sep 19, 2013
Yea I don't really game much, Besides solitaire but I mean it's not even close to a resource demanding game lol.
I'll probably just do a full restore like you said. I don't think I've got data that will be lost, besides pictures but I can download them into iPhoto and put them back on the phone right?
And I completely agree Apple should do the stats per cycle not 24 hours.-.
And sorry for the noob question but even if I setup as a new phone my contacts should be in iCloud correct?
I ask because I've never done a restore as new phone :(

Back up to iCloud before you restore, and contacts/photos/documents/apps etc will all be stored safely.

Darryjr

macrumors regular
Jan 11, 2013
New York
For 15 minutes, that's all. I had to leave and was looking to add a bit to top off. I will repost tomorrow, without plugging in.i will have same usage. Battery life is amazing on this phone.

Pillar

macrumors 6502
May 25, 2010
CA.
Hello, I think mine is not good, what do you guys think about my battery life?

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    264.3 KB · Views: 89

jponce97

macrumors member
Dec 21, 2014
Hello, I think mine is not good, what do you guys think about my battery life?

That's a whole lot better than mine. But I've had sucky battery life so I can't really comment on that battery life.
At least you got standby times. That could slightly attribute to the slightly normal than usual usage time

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.