Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

illyb2000

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jun 25, 2012
Has anyone upgraded from the 6s Plus to the 7 plus? Looking to see if worth it or wait til the "iPhone 8". I do take loads of photos which is swaying me due to the camera but not sure if that's the only reason I'm upgrading.
[doublepost=1484778278][/doublepost]It's ok I have read the forums, please delete

dslrjunky

macrumors regular
Apr 18, 2011
try one at the store and play with the camera then compare what you're missing, most probably you're just hit by an "upgrade" bug. I don't know if the dual camera makes a difference for you just try in store

Freakonomics101

macrumors 68030
Nov 6, 2014
I upgraded from the 6s Plus and I never look back. Battery life is better along with both cameras. I adjusted to the new Touch ID sensor instantly and love it over the physical button.

Edit: forgot to mention the speakers. Much better quality and quite a bit louder!

Last edited:

blaine07

macrumors 68020
Nov 14, 2014
Oklahoma
I upgraded to 7+ from 6S+ because why not? Eh was a lot of things, camera, volume on device MUCH louder while on speaker, water resistance... and black, really dig black phone. Functionally, camera comparison aside, they're VERY similar but upgrade was worth it for me. Going to try to hold out until 8/8S(whatever is after next big release this year)

Cancelled
Jul 12, 2016
Other than camera there is no big reason to upgrade. Stick with iPhone 6s Plus and wait for the anniversary iPhone

According to you, it's Because you don't own the iPhone 7 Plus to make an appropriate comparison to evaluate over time of the various differences. Incremental updates, but considering increased Battery life, Additional RAM, dual camera, better speakers, water resistance, increased speed with A10 Fusion processor and new home button.

Reactions: Freakonomics101

sawah

macrumors 65816
Sep 13, 2010
I went from the 6s to the 7 plus and I have no regrets. Phones these fast become hard to tell the difference but it is actually faster than the 6s. Love the new home button and the camera is phenomenal.

JD2015

macrumors 6502a
Sep 16, 2014
Went from 6+ to 7+. Would wait for iPhone 8 if on 6+. Think there will be tons of new features this time compared to going from 6+ to 7+. The demand will be huge and it will cost a small fortune I reckon. Therefore, start saving now for it.

Benny L

macrumors member
Jan 17, 2017
Vegas baby
yes-well worth the upgrade.
smoother-much less buggy than 6s plus-probably due to 3gb ram vs 2-and the speakers alone were worth it to me.

sockdoggy

macrumors regular
Jan 21, 2002
Brooklyn
I'm really surprised how much faster the iPhone 7 is vs 6S Plus... Am I crazy? Even typing feels way faster. Although if you're doing simple emailing and texting, casual browsing maybe it's not worth it. I upgraded by buying a discounted bestbuy refurb and really happy about the price!

Alch3mist

macrumors regular
Nov 23, 2016
Right behind you.
For me the elephant in the room was budget. I had paid the 6S plus off and wasn't ready to stretch for what seemed like minimal upgrades. I looked at the $700 and passed. I bought my daughter an iPhone 7 and she is in trouble enough that it's mostly mine. So I get a rough comparison of some of the tech of the 7plus. I'm waiting for 8 if I don't jump ship first (extreme flight risk:)

macrumors 601
May 19, 2011
Went from 6 Plus to 7 Plus today. I decided my 6 Plus simply wasn't going to last until September and I know I won't be willing to pay whatever excessive price Apple pick out of their air for this fabled "anniversary iPhone." So far, very happy and not regretting the decision. Feels much snappier than my 6 Plus.

Cancelled
Jul 12, 2016
Went from 6 Plus to 7 Plus today. I decided my 6 Plus simply wasn't going to last until September and I know I won't be willing to pay whatever excessive price Apple pick out of their air for this fabled "anniversary iPhone." So far, very happy and not regretting the decision. Feels much snappier than my 6 Plus.

I think my most favorite underrated feature in the iPhone 7 Plus, is the speed. It opens applications and multitasks much quicker than the 6S plus. With very little lag and jitter.

AFDoc

Suspended
Jun 29, 2012
Colorado Springs USA for now
Has anyone upgraded from the 6s Plus to the 7 plus? Looking to see if worth it or wait til the "iPhone 8". I do take loads of photos which is swaying me due to the camera but not sure if that's the only reason I'm upgrading.
[doublepost=1484778278][/doublepost]It's ok I have read the forums, please delete
If you have the duckets upgrade. If you don't then wait. I upgrade yearly because I can..... If you can why not do it?

Sunny1990

Suspended
Feb 13, 2015
According to you, it's Because you don't own the iPhone 7 Plus to make an appropriate comparison to evaluate over time of the various differences. Incremental updates, but considering increased Battery life, Additional RAM, dual camera, better speakers, water resistance, increased speed with A10 Fusion processor and new home button.
All the stuff you claim here don't make any sense. i love using my iPhone 6s Plus and i am fully satisfied until iPhone 7S Plus comes out.that is all matters to me

Cancelled
Jul 12, 2016
All the stuff you claim here don't make any sense. i love using my iPhone 6s Plus and i am fully satisfied until iPhone 7S Plus comes out.that is all matters to me

I have no idea what you're even talking about. I'm not even Referring to the 6S plus and I don't know what "Stuff" means. That's fine that you want to follow around my every post On this forum, but at least make a valid argument or be clear what you're referring to for a substantial discussion.

What I was referring to, is that you make gripes and complaints about the iPhone 7 Plus, when you don't even own the device and or have tested (As you recently stated) it to make a valid argument. That was my whole point.

Last edited:

Sunny1990

Suspended
Feb 13, 2015
I have no idea what you're even talking about. I'm not even Referring to the 6S plus and I don't know what "Stuff" means. That's fine that you want to follow around my every post On this forum, but at least make a valid argument or be clear what you're referring to for a substantial discussion.

What I was referring to, is that you make gripes and complaints about the iPhone 7 Plus, when you don't even own the device and or have tested (As you recently stated) it to make a valid argument. That was my whole point.
I am not following your posts, you first quoted my post (check avobe)and i gave a answer to that. I love using my iPhone 6s plus and i don't want to upgrade (because iPhone 7 plus is not even a upgrade for iPhone 6 plus users)until iPhone 7S Plus comes out.

Cancelled
Jul 12, 2016
. my iPhone 6s plus and i don't want to upgrade (because iPhone 7 plus is not even a upgrade for iPhone 6 plus users)until iPhone 7S Plus comes out.

Again, I have no idea what you're referring too. Your post is very confusing. What is a 7S Plus? Do you have pictures of the 7S Plus? Did Apple confirm this? How do you know Apple is going to release a 7S plus? Or are you believing every rumor that this website reports again?

illyb2000

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jun 25, 2012

Went into the store and played around with the phone and loved the portrait mode - this maybe enough to sway me.

ACG12

macrumors 6502a
Jun 9, 2015
If you can get a decent amount of money for your 6s plus to pay towards the 7 plus, I'd say upgrade. It's a much better phone for future IOS updates with it's quad-core processor and 3 gb of RAM. Also, the camera and speakers are a nice upgrade as well.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.