Nervous about getting an iPhone 7

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by TheBrokenBee, Jan 11, 2017.

1. TheBrokenBee macrumors regular

TheBrokenBee

This message board has made me slightly nervous about getting an iPhone 7. Has the hissing issue been sorted out in the latest units? How about the color of displays? Still yellowish and uneven?

Thanks guys

2. C DM macrumors Westmere

Pretty much how it is every year with every iPhone (or iPad), with a few people seeing a few issues here and there, while the vast majority is just fine.

3. keysofanxiety macrumors G3

keysofanxiety

It's fine. You'll find that people will come onto forums with problems, rather than threads about how great everything is and they don't have any problems. Apple are manufacturing a ludicrous amount of these devices daily, so there'll always be the odd issue that crops up.

Worst case scenario: you get a faulty phone. If that happens, contact Apple and they'll replace it.

4. Closingracer macrumors 68030

I don't have any issues with my iPhone 7.

5. joeblow7777 macrumors 603

Message boards can be dangerous. They're basically full of tech hypochondriacs who will make you aware and concerned about tiny issues that you probably would have never noticed or cared about on your own.

6. Septembersrain Contributor

Septembersrain

Mine is fine. Just don't recommend going onto the newest beta.

My battery, settings, etc all broke.

7. pika2000 macrumors 68040

Worse, sometimes there are also those that don't even own the devices, and yet keep repeating the problems resulting in an echochamber.

8. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

They just try to make themselves feel better for not getting the particular device :D

9. Shadowbech macrumors 601

You should be fine. No hissing issue on mine. If you buy one and has issues, you are within the 14 day return window and you should be able to exchange it.

10. ajay96 macrumors 6502

Got the iPhone 7 late November, have had no issues whatsoever. There are always isolated issues.

11. cbreze macrumors 6502a

cbreze

Got mine only a month or so ago and it is smooth and sweet. Very happy with it and no issues to report.

12. nordique macrumors 65816

You should be fine. The screens are "yellowish" but not in a bad or negative way, they display colours nicely and have good saturation for what they are.

I haven't had any hissing issues on my 7

13. 12vElectronics macrumors 68040

12vElectronics

My launch day 7 is perfectly fine. Just pull the trigger.

14. Relentless Power macrumors Penryn

Relentless Power

You certainly can exchange it. I have week a 38 iPhone 7 Plus and I never experienced the hissing fortunately. But Apple is vey much aware of it and will exchange it out with in tje 14 days.

15. macTW Suspended

Got one. Had hissing issue. Could only hear it when playing intense game or recording 4K video, and if it was caseless and absolutely no sound in the room.

Swapped out that one. Nothing bad since.

16. Septembersrain Contributor

Septembersrain

Mine doesn't have the hissing sound either. I did put my ear up to it and heard the processor clicking but all my iPhones have done that honestly. It's not audible enough to be heard without pressing your ear against it. It only did it during a benchmark test too. So I was working it!

17. Reno Raines macrumors 65816

Unless the headphone jack is important the newer 7's seem great. I got one in late October and no issues.

18. blcfla macrumors regular

I always get leery after browsing the forum after a launch too haha

I got a launch day 7 off swappa second-hand and it's got zero issues. Plus, if for some reason you have any issues the warranty will cover it, but it is a PITA.

19. nia820 macrumors 68020

nia820

I have had 2 iPhone 7 plus so far and haven't experienced any hissing sound from any of them. no issues so far.

20. daflake macrumors 6502a

No hissing from mine either, but I did have issues with the software causing the phone to crash randomly. I had to re-download the file and restore from DFU to finally get it to stop being picky. Been solid ever since!

21. Closingracer macrumors 68030

Or just jealous that they can't get it

22. Mike5254 macrumors regular

Mike5254

23. Channan macrumors 68030

Channan

There are always tons of threads about different problems with every new iPhone every year. I wouldn't worry about it.

24. bufffilm Suspended

bufffilm

Every phone release has its share of problems.

Buy the phone and if it is faulty in any way, take it back for exchange/refund.

Simple as that.