Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Kernow

macrumors 65816
Sep 30, 2005
Kingston-Upon-Thames
Lau said:
Interesting. I suppose the guy that presses the button that drops the bomb that kills 2000 people might be slightly less inclined to kill 2000 people individually with a blunt object.

This reminded me of the Eddie Izzard joke about mass murderers :D

Eddie Izzard said:
You killed a hundred thousand people? You must get up very early in the morning! I can't even get down the gym! Your diary must look odd: Get up in the morning, Death, Death, Death, Death, Death, Death, Lunch, Death, Death, Death, Afternoon Tea, Death, Death, Death, Quick shower...

MongoTheGeek

macrumors 68040
yellow said:
War of 1812.
Spanish American War (The Alamo, specifically).

That wasn't the US then, and you are thinking of the Mexican American War. Texas was a separate country for a couple of years, then joined the US. Then there was the Mexican American War that started as a border squabble in Texas. The Mexican Army came across the border and President Polk opened up a Texas size can of whoopass and pushed them back to Mexico City.

Spanish American war was in the late 1800s. Teddy Roosevelt, the rough riders, taking over Cuba and the Philippines. Remember the Maine and all that.

L

Lau

iGav said:
Lau scares me.

*runs and hides behind sofa shaking*

What, you mean you don't have these sorts of conversations? Any of you? Oh...

<shuffles out of the room sideways>

:p

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.