Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

ecschwarz

macrumors 65816
Jun 28, 2010
This needs to be rethought totally. To the point where it always lets you use the phone for these passwords and lets you flip to another app and copy/paste things in.

Apps can be worked around where they have a code and are activated elsewhere. The Apple ID case, needs handling if we are going to be prompted over and over. I've had to do it three times now and if that's all, okay (initial, App Store, and iTunes preorder. I set 'never ask' for purchases).

I have a roommate and we both have Apple IDs/accounts (naturally), and the best feature was the Remote app for entering passwords discretely. Neither of us would make purchases on the others' accounts, but I don't exactly want things displayed as a I type (sort of like the people that refuse to use TouchID and enter in a 4-digit pin with no regard to those around them).

leesweet

macrumors demi-god
Feb 1, 2009
Northern Virginia, USA
Exactly. As I had to enter my password four times already, you sure could see it if you were in the room. Complete and utter failure.

Someone in Infosec needs to knock some heads together in Cupertino.

ajiuo

macrumors 65816
Apr 9, 2011
Everyone please go to the Remote app on the App Store and give it a poor review stating that it does not work with the new Apple TV.

It had a 2 star review before the ATV4 came out... It can't get much lower.

leesweet

macrumors demi-god
Feb 1, 2009
Northern Virginia, USA
From everything I've read and heard today, there are NO plans to make the Remote App work with ATV4. I agree there needs to be some way to enter data confidentially and quickly off screen. But that's the answer we're getting now.

If they can do it for setup, they can do it in general: prompt on the iPhone for that Apple ID for a password, etc.

SMIDG3T

Suspended
Apr 29, 2012
England
So the Remote app isn't compatible with ATV 4. That's disappointing. Unless they're re-writing it and release it as another app. Doubt it though.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.