Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Scepticalscribe

macrumors Haswell
Jul 29, 2008
In a coffee shop.
One more reason to stay sober! :D

But when voting with blind inspiration the ample consumption of alcohol and a state of blissful inebriation may help.

Now, re 'nai' or 'ichi': If I am ever GG I might be tempted, out of sheer, mulish, bloodymindedness, or maybe, in a bizarre and paradoxical homage to a quixotically tiresome yet incurably troublesome archipelago which lays claim to the tradition of having cradled democracy to choose these as the voting options: The results would be interesting, to say the least irrespective of whether one voted 'jai' or 'ichi' or even knew what one was doing…...

Don't panic

macrumors 603
Jan 30, 2004
having a drink at Milliways
But when voting with blind inspiration the ample consumption of alcohol and a state of blissful inebriation may help.

Now, re 'nai' or 'ichi': If I am ever GG I might be tempted, out of sheer, mulish, bloodymindedness, or maybe, in a bizarre and paradoxical homage to a quixotically tiresome yet incurably troublesome archipelago which lays claim to the tradition of having cradled democracy to choose these as the voting options: The results would be interesting, to say the least irrespective of whether one voted 'jai' or 'ichi' or even knew what one was doing…...

and we could use Ostrakas to vote people off!

Screen Shot 2015-07-06 at 4.35.52 PM.png

Reactions: Scepticalscribe

Scepticalscribe

macrumors Haswell
Jul 29, 2008
In a coffee shop.
so basically you are trying to convince us to vote Nai when we should be voting Nay?
how very suspicious.... ;)

Well, as a very, very, experienced and widely travelled election observer, indeed, writing as someone who has observed elections in some of the strangest places on the planet, whenever I see someone tinkering with and seeking to tweak an electoral system at a rather basic and fundamental level, - such as inverting the commonly and widely understood terms for 'yes' and 'no' - I will confess that I view such initiatives with some slight concern………..and trepidation....

and we could use Ostrakas to vote people off!

View attachment 566721

As an historian, (and occasional antiquarian) as long as the device used is suitably and authentically antique, you will hear few complaints from me.

Last edited:
Reactions: Don't panic

ravenvii

macrumors 604
Original poster
Mar 17, 2004
Melenkurion Skyweir
"Here's your badge. Welcome to the Agency," the man said curtly, thrusting the index card-sized badge into the spy's hand while he points towards the double doors at the end of the hallway. "There's a meeting going on. If you're as good as you say, they might find your help of use."

"-- we need to enter here -- " the speaking agent cut off as the man at the end of the table pointed a gun, with lightning speed, at the spy as the doors cracked open. The spy fumbled with the index card and showed it to the man upside-down, which was quickly corrected to the correct position. "I am, uh --"

"The badge is sufficient. We do not speak our names in this room. This will be the last time I will tell you this."

"Y -- yes sir," the spy quickly walked to the only available seat.

What have I gotten myself into? the spy thought. No -- I will not doubt myself. We need to take the Agency down, and I need to cut this out.

"Okay, we need to enter here --" the interrupted agent continued to speak, pointing to a entry point on the spread-out blueprint on the table, "-- and extract the diamond in the display case here, " the agent's finger moved to another location on the blueprint "that's all. Simple as can be. Great for the ten new agents here," the agent concluded with a hint of condescension in her tone.

"All right," the man at the end of the table stood up and looked directly at @FenrisMoonlight, "agent, you will lead this mission. Choose your team. Due to the simplicity of the mission, I expect results by tomorrow morning. Meeting adjourned."

The game has begun. @FenrisMoonlight is the first leader. Choose three members to form your team. The rest of you, vote whether to proceed with the mission with the chosen team.

Reactions: Scepticalscribe

mscriv

macrumors 601
Aug 14, 2008
Dallas, Texas
And..... we're off!

Heading to the gym in a few minutes, I won't be online till around 10:00 PM tonight or later. Good luck Fenris with your team selection. I guess per the QOS rule if I'm not on the team then I won't be voting for it. :cool:

FenrisMoonlight

macrumors 6502a
Jun 25, 2012
Los Angeles
And..... we're off!

Heading to the gym in a few minutes, I won't be online till around 10:00 PM tonight or later. Good luck Fenris with your team selection. I guess per the QOS rule if I'm not on the team then I won't be voting for it. :cool:
I don't think that rule holds in this game since there are only 3 people on the first team and we need 5 yay votes to go ahead. If all agents that aren't on the team don't vote for it then we will lose in the first round when we Nay 5 teams in a row.

Queen of Spades

macrumors 68030
May 9, 2008
The Iron Throne
And..... we're off!

In this turn, only 3 make up the team. With 6 agents, auto vetoing a team you're not on doesn't make much sense.

FenrisMoonlight

macrumors 6502a
Jun 25, 2012
Los Angeles
Votes so far - the yays out to an early lead with only DP voting against.

Votes
yay: 3 WoodNUFC, Sythas, Queen of Spades
nay: 1 Don't panic

Yet to vote: Moyank24, Koodauw, TechGod, twietee, mscriv

Voting Log
Post 64 WoodNUFC voted for yay
Post 65 Sythas voted for yay
Post 66 Don't panic voted for nay
Post 67 Queen of Spades voted for yay

mscriv

macrumors 601
Aug 14, 2008
Dallas, Texas
I don't think that rule holds in this game since there are only 3 people on the first team and we need 5 yay votes to go ahead. If all agents that aren't on the team don't vote for it then we will lose in the first round when we Nay 5 teams in a row.

In this turn, only 3 make up the team. With 6 agents, auto vetoing a team you're not on doesn't make much sense.

I'm not sure I follow your thoughts on this. I mean I know some of us will have to vote in favor of a mission or we will never get one to go through, but in the exact same situation during the last game folks were saying you shouldn't vote a team through if you are an agent and aren't on the team. Sure, the numbers were different, but isn't the logic the same? Not putting through a couple of missions gives us voting data and team leader data to look at. Then when we do put one through we have a little more material to analyze. I can tell you that being a spy last game I was all for voting that first mission through "because we have to start somewhere and we don't have any data on anyone yet", blah, blah, blah. It made for an easy first mission fail.

I'm an agent and I'm not on the team so for now my vote is NAY.

mscriv

macrumors 601
Aug 14, 2008
Dallas, Texas
But you only need two spies to fail a mission, correct? So that wouldn't work...

From the Rules:
5. For the mission to succeed each team member must have voted "success". One "failure" vote immediately fails a mission and awards a point to the Infiltration. Except for turn 4, where TWO "failure" votes are required to fail a mission, instead of just one.

Only 1 fail vote is required except for turn 4.

FenrisMoonlight

macrumors 6502a
Jun 25, 2012
Los Angeles
I'm not sure I follow your thoughts on this. I mean I know some of us will have to vote in favor of a mission or we will never get one to go through, but in the exact same situation during the last game folks were saying you shouldn't vote a team through if you are an agent and aren't on the team. Sure, the numbers were different, but isn't the logic the same? Not putting through a couple of missions gives us voting data and team leader data to look at. Then when we do put one through we have a little more material to analyze. I can tell you that being a spy last game I was all for voting that first mission through "because we have to start somewhere and we don't have any data on anyone yet", blah, blah, blah. It made for an easy first mission fail.

I'm an agent and I'm not on the team so for now my vote is NAY.
The difference is before you had 5 people on the team plus the team leader so if you were an agent not on the team you knew at least 1 of the people on the team or the team leader was an infiltrator.

Now you don't since even if I was lucky and all 3 I picked are agents there are still 2 more agents not in the team.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.