Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MJ-MadonnaFan

macrumors newbie
Jan 25, 2010
Photo Booth

What Would Be Great, is if anyone who has Snow Leopard OS X, post their copy of Photo Booth on a FileSharing site for a little while until I can download it? I Think I Need Version 3.0.2. Or, any version that works with Snow Leopard would be fine. If you can, that'd be great. Thanks :apple:

tooz

macrumors 6502
Jul 21, 2009
What Would Be Great, is if anyone who has Snow Leopard OS X, post their copy of Photo Booth on a FileSharing site for a little while until I can download it? I Think I Need Version 3.0.2. Or, any version that works with Snow Leopard would be fine. If you can, that'd be great. Thanks :apple:
*cough* *cough*
http://dl.dropbox.com/u/1361044/Photo Booth.zip

There is a link to download the Photo Booth I have on my macbook. I am running Snow Leopard and the Photo Booth is version 3.0.1

tell me if that works

ecrain

macrumors newbie
Feb 21, 2010
I accidentally deleted photo booth off my desktop... can i get it back?

So I just saw that quite a few people have done this and I tried all that has been said except getting it from another mac... not to savy on the computer... just the basics... photo booth is a large part.... anyone know what to do now?

-tWv-

macrumors 68000
May 11, 2009
Ohio
So I just saw that quite a few people have done this and I tried all that has been said except getting it from another mac... not to savy on the computer... just the basics... photo booth is a large part.... anyone know what to do now?

Do you mean you deleted photobooth off your dock? or the application file was on your desktop and you deleted it?

If you deleted the file, then try my link above which is just the photobooth.app file which will work with Snow Leopard (OSX 10.6)

pwilhelm64

macrumors newbie
Jun 2, 2010
Hi, So I am one of the idiots that deleted photo booth too. Any chance someone could upload a link to theirs so I can get it back? I tried getting one of the ones posted earlier in this post/thread but it didnt work. Thanks

pwilhelm64

macrumors newbie
Jun 2, 2010
This link is still active that i posted above http://dl.dropbox.com/u/1361044/Photo Booth.zip

try that one

HI, Thanks for that, but i downloaded the link, then when I try to open photo booth it comes up with the message saying: '' The application Photo Booth quit unexpectedly.
Mac OS X and other applications are not affected.
Click Relaunch to launch the application again. Click report to see more details or send a report to apple.''

I have tried relaunching but it doesnt work. Do you know why this is happening?? Or am I acting dumb and doing something wrong?

Thanks.

-tWv-

macrumors 68000
May 11, 2009
Ohio
HI, Thanks for that, but i downloaded the link, then when I try to open photo booth it comes up with the message saying: '' The application Photo Booth quit unexpectedly.
Mac OS X and other applications are not affected.
Click Relaunch to launch the application again. Click report to see more details or send a report to apple.''

I have tried relaunching but it doesnt work. Do you know why this is happening?? Or am I acting dumb and doing something wrong?

Thanks.

What version of OSX are you running? I am running SL 10.6.3 so if you are running Leopard it won't work.

Schtumple

macrumors 601
Jun 13, 2007
benkadams.com
My OS X version is 10.5.8, which is leopard. Do you know of any other way I could get photobooth back?

Thanks again,
I appreciate your help.

If you have the grey restore discs that came with your mac, insert the first disc, and a popup should come up saying about to install OSX, look for (I think it's called) "additional software" or "additional installs" additional something at least, and from there, you can open the installer, go through till you get to custom install, then there should be photobooth in there. I might be correct, I might not be correct, but it's worth a shot.

-tWv-

macrumors 68000
May 11, 2009
Ohio
My OS X version is 10.5.8, which is leopard. Do you know of any other way I could get photobooth back?

Thanks again,
I appreciate your help.

Follow this post i made a long time ago on how to recover it with pacifist from your install disk. If you search the threads you should be able to find stuff like this from previous threads that will help you solve your problem without having to make a new one.

pwilhelm64

macrumors newbie
Jun 2, 2010
Follow this post i made a long time ago on how to recover it with pacifist from your install disk. If you search the threads you should be able to find stuff like this from previous threads that will help you solve your problem without having to make a new one.

Thanks very much, got it back, too literally 5 minutes.

lewis82

macrumors 68000
Aug 26, 2009
Totalitarian Republic of Northlandia
Sadly, My Trash is Empty. I've already downloaded Pacifist and tried to extract it. Surprisingly, there is no Photo Booth in the Application bundle that's in the Snow Leopard DVD's. Is that normal? Or is it just my DVD's? If anyone can post their copy online for me to download, please let me know. I need the latest version of Photo Booth. I think it's the 3.0.2 version. Thanks. :apple:

PM me with your email and I'll send it to you. ;)

EDIT: I see you've solved your problem. Good :)

Anne868

macrumors newbie
Jul 23, 2010
photo booth

Question actually. I also put photo booth from my screen in the trash bin but did not know it removed it from my dock.
I have iWork installed and wonder if I should uninstall and then reinstall to get photo booth back or can I just install iWork again and will it override the first installation.

alex71190

macrumors newbie
Jan 11, 2011
Salmar, I was wondering the same thing tbh, but I'll just go along with what the OP says...

OP have you tried using spotlight to search for "Photo Booth" (space is important) and see what comes up...?

Sigh, dropbox to the rescue, I'll host my Photobooth app (in a zip file) for you for a bit, PM once you have downloaded it, as I will be take it down after a week...

<removed link>

Schtumple, I accidentally deleted my photo booth as well and I was wondering if you could host your Photobooth app once again. It would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

candycat

macrumors newbie
Mar 23, 2011
i hate to be a both to everyone but can someone please help me. i deleted my shortcut to my photo booth off of my desktop not knowing that it would completely delete it. ive tried everything that everyone has said so far , and so far ... no luck :/ i dont have the disks to my MAC and i dont have money to fix it or anything. photo booth is a big part of my career and i really need it back. can someone help me please.?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.