Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Certinfy

macrumors 6502a
Jan 29, 2011
London
For example, Vodafone is the world's largest mobile phone company (by revenue); they are the official iPhone carrier in many markets around the planet. Well, it just so happens that they are half-owner of Verizon Wireless (the other half is owned by Verizon Communications). It's very probable that the Vodafone partnership helped bring the iPhone to Verizon Wireless.
Off topic but that explains why the McLaren F1 car has "Verizon" being advertised at the back of it's rear wing, was always confused as it's "Vodafone McLaren Mercedes" :D

cvaldes

macrumors 68040
Dec 14, 2006
somewhere else
\]Cvaldes, you misunderstand. Please read again. You say it's significant to you (because of that one share we keep hearing about), but I don't see why. Again, you don't get a dividend and we all know you'll never sell that one share you cherish so much, so what difference does it make to you at all?
You really don't get it, do you?

The Internet isn't writing articles solely for you. It's writing them to be of interest to the overall readership. Not every article is going to be of interest to everyone. If you see something that doesn't interest, you're not required to read it.

You individual usage case is irrelevant.

On an unrelated note, you are wrong about the quantity of AAPL shares I own. I'm not gonna waste my time/money with that kind of chump change

As to selling my shares, who knows? Half of them are sitting in a Roth IRA; I'm not gonna see any of that dough until I retire. The shares sitting in my regular brokerage account? Well, since I have a diversified portfolio, I monitor everything and decide if something can be sold and invested in something else that has a higher potential return.

Since it is outperforming SPY and QQQQ, I'm not particularly inclined to dump my AAPL.

Heck, I'd dump my CSCO or GOOG far before I even think about selling AAPL.

Last edited:

Festo

macrumors newbie
Jun 4, 2011
Good news for Chinese users, as China Mobile only proposed 2G/Edge sor far.
Note that 3G is available since at least 1 year through China Unicom.

Who can afford iPhone/iPad in China? You should come and see by yourself what's happening here. There's more wealthy people — at least in Shanghai, Beijing, Guangzhou, Shenzhen — than you could ever imagine.
And for the rest of them, especially young consumers, yes they can spend the equivalent of 2 months salary in an iPhone4, and they'll do the same again in a couple of months for an iPhone5.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.