Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Lousawyer6

macrumors newbie
Sep 24, 2013
well the volume buttons are like iPod and iPad. But there is a sim tray... so it really could be really. i wouldn't mind owning it.

hopefully the software is as good as the looks.

OGDK

macrumors member
Feb 11, 2014
Remember these from last year? It's easy to do renders that look legit.

The Lightning port on it is off-center, so it doesn't look very legit.

----------

I don't see why anyone would not want a bigger screen if it can very minimally increase the physical size of the device, like these photos are depicting by reducing the bezels as much as possible.

You're comparing a 5S to a rumored 6 with a larger screen when it would make more sense to compare a 6 with a 4" screen and a 6 with a larger screen. If the screen was kept the same size, the device would be even smaller.

gadget123

macrumors 68020
Apr 17, 2011
United Kingdom
Remember these from last year? It's easy to do renders that look legit.

Almost certainly that will be Ipad Air 2 later this year.

Gold? Possible since the 5S has been in high demand.

Touch ID? Almost certain.

We seen slimmer Ipad designs at the time of Ipad 3/4. These prototypes are a few years ahead of what's on the market now.

If these leaks are more consistent and show the same design I bet this will be Iphone 6.

iChrist

macrumors 65816
Sep 7, 2011
3 countries for tax benefit
YES

Finally some pics. Looks like a Galaxy at first glance.

Thank the gods they are finally getting rid of that 7 year old ridiculously HUGE bezel. What a waste of space. This is much better.

:apple:

SchneiderMan

macrumors G3
May 25, 2008
Remember that Steve Jobs isn't around anymore. This could mean that an asymmetrical iPhone that also no longer look as unique as it once was compared to other iOS devices is definitely a possibility. What I mean by that it that for the first time ever, the iPhone will share a very similar front-to-back design language with other Apple products like the iPad and iPod touch.

gadget123

macrumors 68020
Apr 17, 2011
United Kingdom
Lets be honest *if* the screen is bigger it has to be a thinner phone.

4" and 5" renders of a massive Iphone 5 look awful and Apple would be crazy not to do a redesign.

Iphone 5S has had 4 cycles now very little has changed since Iphone 4 other than it's taller.

This redesign is due.

OGDK

macrumors member
Feb 11, 2014
What exactly is making everyone salivate over a larger iPhone?

Everyone's salivating over a larger iPhone? I guess 99.9% of the people I know didn't get the memo. ;)
Just the vocal minority of people with huge pockets.

iChrist

macrumors 65816
Sep 7, 2011
3 countries for tax benefit
Lets be honest *if* the screen is bigger it has to be a thinner phone.

4" and 5" renders of a massive Iphone 5 look awful and Apple would be crazy not to do a redesign.

Iphone 5S has had 4 cycles now very little has changed since Iphone 4 other than it's taller.

This redesign is due.

Yes. The current iPhone looks dated beyond belief. The bezel is so much bigger than any other phone.

gadget123

macrumors 68020
Apr 17, 2011
United Kingdom
Yes. The current iPhone looks dated beyond belief. The bezel is so much bigger than any other phone.

As for people saying it won't look like an Ipod and all the ranges are different. Who is to say the next Ipod is not even thinner than this? Or the same but a larger battery?

wendel7

macrumors newbie
Feb 12, 2014
Maybe...

Only thing that looks a little sketchy to me is that it isn't symmetrical. Top is smaller than the bottom. Apple (aka Jony Ive) is all about simplicity and symmetry. I could be wrong though... just my take.

shazzam

macrumors regular
Apr 19, 2010
The FaceTime camera moved to top centre would be perfection imo. Balancing out the top and bottom bezel.

vectorscope

macrumors newbie
Jun 16, 2010
Everyone's salivating over a larger iPhone? I guess 99.9% of the people I know didn't get the memo. ;)
Just the vocal minority of people with huge pockets.

Agreed...why the obsession with giant brick like phones?

I really hope the iphone 6 has a regular sized screen version...

If I wanted a bigger screen I'd buy a TV...:rolleyes:

Asclepio

macrumors 6502a
Jul 11, 2011
what did it say?

2uj1ph3.png

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.