Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

OGDK

macrumors member
Feb 11, 2014
Not liking the bigger screens, but it's cool that it looks like an iPod touch. Too bad they probably won't bring back the glossy back of the iPhone 4.

Smoothies

macrumors member
Feb 10, 2014
Pretty sure this is an iPod. Makes sense; FaceTime Audio would need a speaker/mic in the same configuration of an iPhone now... BUT, there's no window for the cellular radios (hence, probably not a phone).

Wifi can deal with the aluminum, but the cellular would need something not metal.

Wifi can't deal with aluminum. You may want to look at the back of an iPod Touch. It has a small black plastic cutout, take a guess as to why that's there.

bushido

Suspended
Mar 26, 2008
Germany
I actually like it because I think it's better than having a dedicated button however if Apple can put in some gestures for multitasking I'd be down.

id be fine if they would switch multitasking and control center. i need multitasking by far more often. thank god for the jb fixing this. hate pressing the home button

Nickerbocker

macrumors 6502
Apr 4, 2012
Everything about this screams legit. Especially the Vaseline covering the camera lens :rolleyes: .

But it does look like the real deal. Love the thinness.

Smoothies

macrumors member
Feb 10, 2014
Not liking the bigger screens, but it's cool that it looks like an iPod touch. Too bad they probably won't bring back the glossy back of the iPhone 4.
I don't see why anyone would not want a bigger screen if it can very minimally increase the physical size of the device, like these photos are depicting by reducing the bezels as much as possible.

bnekic

macrumors 65816
Sep 19, 2013
Cleveland, OH
For everyone asking where the antennas will go, I believe the antenna signals will be routed through the apple logo on the back. These photos show a similar black logo like on the iMac and iPads that are actually cut into the casing.

Freida

Suspended
Oct 22, 2010
the back looks real and it makes sense that they will do desing "air" like but the front looks like fake. For some reason it looks a bit ugly to pass Ive's design.

Also, remember this guy how he fooled us last time?
http://www.martinhajek.com/portfolio-page/

And he uses similar style so could it be him having fun again?

T-Will

macrumors 65816
Sep 8, 2008
Is it just me, or does the front-facing camera appear slightly larger than the current one, at least compared to the earpiece speaker (this would be expected)?

kalsta

macrumors 68000
May 17, 2010
Australia

Why is there a blue line across the bottom of the screen in one of the pictures?...

Really hope this is fake. If not, I hope it comes in a 4" option :(

That's chromatic aberration. Well, if that's a render, they've certainly gone to some lengths to make it look like a photo, complete with camera quirks. (Edit: I just noticed member mbh already mentioned this.)

Render but a nice one- why would there be light here instead of shadow http://d.pr/i/9hv

There's light coming through the headphone socket too, which makes sense since it's just an empty shell. Not sure if there should be light from the Lightening port, but we're getting into the realm of footprint shadow analysis by the fake moon landing proponents here. Overall, nothing about these images look fake to me. If they're renders, they're darn good ones.

flux73

macrumors 65816
May 29, 2009
This is SUPER early for a leak. It might lend some credence to the June release rumors. Or it's just wishful thinking on my part. :)

Merkie

macrumors 68020
Oct 23, 2008
Even if it is (which most likely is) an iPod Touch, the iPhone will get practically the same design with a slightly thicker design. No way the Touch gets a redesign like this and the iPhone doesn't. I'm ready to buy!
Lol. Have you seen the iPod touch lately? It features the same design as the iPad mini and iPad air, and it was available in stores even before these devices were announced.

gadget123

macrumors 68020
Apr 17, 2011
United Kingdom
the back looks real and it makes sense that they will do desing "air" like but the front looks like fake. For some reason it looks a bit ugly to pass Ive's design.

Also, remember this guy how he fooled us last time?
http://www.martinhajek.com/portfolio-page/

And he uses similar style so could it be him having fun again?

You do realise the Iphone 5 was probably being tested when Iphone 4 was still the main Iphone just before they announced the 4S? Everybody expected a larger screen and it came one year later.

This design has probably been in the works for quite some time. :rolleyes:

----------

Looks like an iPod design. Might be the next iPod.

Says iphone on the back. Has the LED flash from 5S it's defo an Iphone.

Smoothies

macrumors member
Feb 10, 2014
Eventually, ALL smartphones will essentially look the same.

They will just be super-thin screens with perhaps a few buttons.

Exactly. They will still have their slight differences in design, but there is only so far you can go with it, simple as that. People that have any intellect know this.

bigchrisfgb

macrumors 65816
Jan 24, 2010
For everyone asking where the antennas will go, I believe the antenna signals will be routed through the apple logo on the back. These photos show a similar black logo like on the iMac and iPads that are actually cut into the casing.
Thats a good spot, looking at one of the pictures it looks as though something is routed there from the bottom. Would gripping or covering the logo not effect the signal though?

-LikesMac-

macrumors 6502
Jun 20, 2010
The images are actually upsetting to me, because it is too thin. It is better if the same thickness is retained but better used for better battery life or beefier components or both.

QuarterSwede

macrumors G3
Oct 1, 2005
Colorado Springs, CO
Zero chance of an asymmetrical bezel at top vs bottom. In landscape mode, that would make the phone unbalanced both visually and holding-wise (especially while playing games or watching a movie).

Apple likes balance.

Zero chance, folks.
I would usually agree BUT:

1) The iPhone 5 leaks were said to be fake because of the two tone design and the camera not being balanced in the top glass window. People said Apple/Ive would never design that.

2) Sonny Dickson has a perfect track record. Last year he leaked ALL iPhone 5c and iPhone 5s shells, iPad Mini and iPad Air shells.

Last edited:

parsigi

macrumors newbie
Oct 18, 2013
Is it possible to simply have a plastic Apple logo, rather than a plastic band? Maybe that's how it is all metal...

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.