Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Jakeoster

macrumors regular
Mar 12, 2010
To my untrained eye it looks obviously doctored.
Note the odd blurring and inconsistency of the Apple logo shape. It looks like the backside of a
purple iPhone 6 case that has been photoshopped, not even convincingly.
iPhone-7-Proto-Italien-02.jpg

Again, it looks like the interior of a purple iPhone 6 case that has been photoshopped to include all the inner details. If that is not enough consider this. The CNC milled interior is completely smooth with no toothpaths present. Even if it was 3D printed as a mockup, you would see the distinct texture of a 3D printed surface. The image has been virtually generated and placed in a setting to make it appear as if it were a physical object. Big red flag.
iPhone-7-Proto-Italien-03.jpg

Compare to the iPhone 6s below...
9to5mac_6s8.jpg

FAKE.

Last edited:

Serban

Suspended
Jan 8, 2013
What about the Lightning connector makes you think we will get "better sounding headphones" from it?

I am not sure I understand this sentiment at all. I own top of the line headphones, in both analog and lightning connector form, and don't really see one being better than the other. Just different.
Yes but one is the best you can get at that technology, decades yes? And the other just a testing the market product. Lets see how much better can be in the next 0 years the lightning one

rp2011

macrumors 68020
Oct 12, 2010
What about the Lightning connector makes you think we will get "better sounding headphones" from it?

I am not sure I understand this sentiment at all. I own top of the line headphones, in both analog and lightning connector form, and don't really see one being better than the other. Just different.

By all accounts it's better. I mean why would Apple replace it with an inferior solution?

Serban

Suspended
Jan 8, 2013
As a headphone company you will always makes the better quality for the mainstream 3.5mm jack, that connectir you know it for a century
But when lightning will come along side iphone you start to get better and better

Donoban

macrumors 65816
Sep 7, 2013
Look at the Apple logo on the second photo.

I'm not an expert, but to my untrained eye it looks obviously doctored.

Note the odd blurring and inconsistency of the shape.

iPhone-7-Proto-Italien-02.jpg

Also, take a look at this image. The CNC milled interior is completely smooth with no toothpaths present. The image is artificial. Even if it was 3D printed as a mockup, you would see the distinct texture of a 3D printed surface.
iPhone-7-Proto-Italien-03.jpg

9to5mac_6s8.jpg

FAKE.

Confirmed. Apple using next generation materials developed during space missions to build the iPhone 7.

Dr.Chroma

Suspended
Apr 11, 2016
You are so correct, no one uses wired headphones these days, apart from.. maybe... 99% of the world... jeez..

Can you please provide me a source for 99% of the world? I would love to read where you read this or how YOU know it's 99% of users use wired headphones.

Please answer the question this time, without trying to avoid actually making a credible statement or wiggling your way out of a statement by making some silly remark as you have in previous posts. Thanks.

Soccertess

macrumors 65816
Oct 19, 2005
I would rather wireless charging than 4 speakers. I would also take a smaller form factor and get ride of those nasty benzels over 4 speakers.

Too bad Tim is galavanting around the world instead of running Apple!

Edit: I agree with others that the logo looks blurred and this could be a fake! (crossing my figures!)

femike

macrumors 6502a
Oct 15, 2011
Fake or not fake, if it has 4 grills, it could 2 for stereo mics, 2 for stereo speakers.

nameischarles

macrumors regular
Jun 16, 2014
I really hope they don't remove the 3.5 jack, I have too many expensive headphones that i still want to use, and not having to carry an adapter just to use them. I use both Apple an Android so it's easy without thinking that I have to bring my adapter. And I'm not planning to move to BT headphones anytime soon.

Even if Apple was to remove it, and Android manufacturers follow suit then this will cause a fragmentation with headphones cause Android manufacturers will certainly move on to USB-C.

lordofthereef

macrumors G5
Nov 29, 2011
Boston, MA
I guess it remains to be seen (or heard) how big of a difference something like this will make. I'm all for it, even though I rarely watch or listen to anything without headphones on, though it's still going to take much more than this and an improved camera for me to upgrade this cycle.

Donoban

macrumors 65816
Sep 7, 2013
Fake or not fake, if it has 4 grills, it could 2 for stereo mics, 2 for stereo speakers.

Mics would just be one hole each right?

This could be a 3.1 surround setup(Lolz) or to get greater volume out of the iPhone.

Look, I really have no idea but I'm pumped baby!

deany

macrumors 68030
Sep 16, 2012
North Wales
Ladies, we are in the 21 st century. Get used to change and adapt. Not only in technology but all aspects of your professional and personal lives.
[doublepost=1463978536][/doublepost]

Brah, I'm waiting for the 8 speaker edition.

I'm male actually.

Are you aways so presumptuous and patronising?

Donoban

macrumors 65816
Sep 7, 2013
I guess it remains to be seen (or heard) how big of a difference something like this will make. I'm all for it, even though I rarely watch or listen to anything without headphones on, though it's still going to take much more than this and an improved camera for me to upgrade this cycle.

Reefer, Apple will twist your arm and you'll jump onboard. I think from here onward, most hardware releases will be incremental. The true value is in the software, look for ios10 to blow your socks off.

MH01

Suspended
Feb 11, 2008
I really hope they don't remove the 3.5 jack, I have too many expensive headphones that i still want to use, and not having to carry an adapter just to use them. I use both Apple an Android so it's easy without thinking that I have to bring my adapter. And I'm not planning to move to BT headphones anytime soon.

Even if Apple was to remove it, and Android manufacturers follow suit then this will cause a fragmentation with headphones cause Android manufacturers will certainly move on to USB-C.

If android manufacturers are smart, they should take advantage of this move and promote thier devices as superior to apple for high res audio.

Bluetooth Audio is so inferior to wired , no matter how much markerting spin you put on it.

Reactions: big-ted

MH01

Suspended
Feb 11, 2008
Reefer, Apple will twist your arm and you'll jump onboard. I think from here onward, most hardware releases will be incremental. The true value is in the software, look for ios10 to blow your socks off.

All software has been incremental ....

Donoban

macrumors 65816
Sep 7, 2013
All software has been incremental ....

But if iOS 9 and el cap were focused on under the hood stabilisation then we have to expect this years release to be great.
[doublepost=1463987983][/doublepost]
I'm male actually.

Are you aways so presumptuous and patronising?

Denny, I see your profile pic now. Sorry man. When I said ladies I was referring to everyone on this thread. Not you specifically and I hadn't even noticed your profile pic. Please don't take any offence as none was intended.

Reactions: deany

deuxani

macrumors 6502a
Sep 2, 2010

This is exactly my concern with Apple's move here. I think the only solution is going all in on Bluetooth. Imagine Apple forcing Beats to slowly move to Lightning, then 85% of the smartphone users couldn't (if they'd already want it) buy beats anymore. Knowing Apple, it's all about wireless.

ReneR

macrumors 6502
Jun 18, 2008
Berlin, Germany
if apple will not remove the 3.5 jack nobody will, and we are stuck with this old and no longer quality headphones for this time.

what is not quality? You can be sure my Sony studio reference headphone is more quality than some Beats ****, ... or other lightning fluff with cheap D/A converter in the headphone, ...

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.