Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

SkyBell

macrumors 604
Sep 7, 2006
Texas, unfortunately.
Geez, finally checked out the site, those are some rock bottom prices!

But I'll stick with iTunes, thank you.

EricNau said:
CDs are not fragile. In fact, I have never heard of one accidentally breaking. If it becomes broken or scratched beyond use then you need to be much, much more careful.

...You've never had a broken CD, nor heard of one being broken? Come to my house. :)

I think the RIAA has done a little too much
bongsmi.gif

GFLPraxis

macrumors 604
Mar 17, 2004
Good for them, actually. Yes, there's a lot of hard feelings, but this is what they should have been doing from the beginning.

Sue the people distributing MP3's illegally en mass for a profit, NOT the individuals.

That said; AllofMP3 charged $10 for unlimited access. The RIAA would make $1 per song download.

How the heck does the RIAA think they can sue for $150,000 per song? The most you can imagine in damages would be $1 per song.

clayj

macrumors 604
Jan 14, 2005
visiting from downstream
How the heck does the RIAA think they can sue for $150,000 per song? The most you can imagine in damages would be $1 per song.
Because that's what the law says you can sue for. The high amount is supposed to act as a deterrent... you know, "don't steal a song that's worth $1 because the punishment could be up to $150,000".

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.