Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

WannaGoMac

macrumors 68030
Feb 11, 2007
This is ridiculous.

There is no tablet.

Tablets are a SMALL market that is a failed design.

You have your tablet from Apple, it's called the iPhone iPod Touch\

enough already lol!

iSlave

macrumors 6502
Jun 19, 2007
All this talk 'as givin me a fookin head-eakk, i think ah need to take a tablet..:rolleyes:

mozart11

macrumors newbie
Jul 13, 2008
What amazes me over these years is, these people are wrong 100% of the time AND they still call themselves analysts! Just as the financial geniuses. They too are wrong 99% of the time and they still have a job. Let along people use their advice for investment.

Oh Yeah - if Apple releases a "tablet" I would me amazed. It's a market that doesn't exist.

iMacmatician

macrumors 601
Jul 20, 2008
My guess is the little one's gonna be the top end of the iPod line (introduced 9.9.09?) and the big one with the full OS X is coming early next year...
If there are indeed two tablets, one with iPhone OS and one with Mac OS X, then I can definitely see this happening.

JFreak

macrumors 68040
Jul 11, 2003
Tampere, Finland
Tablet without all possible wireless connections? No way. Let's call this rumored device a "iPhone Pro" because it absolutely has to have 3G chip in it.

QCassidy352

macrumors G5
Mar 20, 2003
Bay Area
I don't buy the 6" rumor either. Who is that for? You're already outside pocket size, so you might as well go up to 10" if you're gonna be carrying a bag for it anyway.

gGGg

macrumors newbie
Jan 4, 2009
Look, I know analysts are usually (always) wrong, but this report actualy makes sense considering the multiple conflicting reports of a tablet coming either in 2010 or September, also, if you consider the 6" one "a big iPod" it actually fits in an iPod event

jamesryanbell

macrumors 68020
Mar 17, 2009
This is ridiculous.

There is no tablet.

enough already lol!

We'll see. I think the 10" tablet coming is 100% accurate.

puliaficoc20

Oct 15, 2008
I really hope the tablet talk is true and comes soon. It would just be nice then the laptop for work and around the house, because all I do is search the internet and do some music on my laptop and its a pain redocking my laptop everytime I disconnect it just because I wanted to go downstairs with it and work on some stuff. So deffinetly will be all over getting the tablet if it lives up to what is being rumored if not I might just end up getting one of those netbooks on the 3g network so I can network if it dont come soon

ThomasJL

macrumors 68000
Oct 16, 2008
I am ignorant in the area of tablets. Can someone please explain what advantages a tablet has over Apple's 13" laptops? Please, someone make a list.

nagromme

macrumors G5
May 2, 2002
Developed two? Sure. Actually sell both? I'm skeptical. But the 6" size sounds great to me :)

I expect the OS will NOT be Mac OS but a "big" version of iPhone OS. Mac OS is not designed for touch.

Vulpinemac

macrumors 6502a
Nov 6, 2007
I call BS on this.
WTF would someone use a 6'' tablet for that they don't use their iPod touch for?

While I agree with you on the BS, a larger sized iPod Touch-type of device could be useful; something about the size of a paperback book. It would be as readable as a paperback and honestly much more capable than the Touch for everything it does, including the likelihood of more memory, more speed and easier control.

Based on already-known information, a 6" model is highly unlikely, though. We know Apple purchased 'mass quantities' of 10" displays. We've not heard about any purchase of 6" screens. This doesn't mean that the type can't exist--Apple might have managed better security on the purchase and shipment--but unless this new rumor is discussing a later product, it seems unlikely at this time.

sishaw

macrumors 65816
Jan 12, 2005
And in other news...

Dozens of Apple employees are fired for violating the company's confidentiality policies. Apparently, Apple circulated a number of fake "Mac Tablets" among staff, and traced the resulting leaks back to their sources.

{humor :D}

DotCom2

macrumors 603
Feb 22, 2009
If they announce a 10" OSX tablet I am for sure dumping my PC laptop and gettin' into the Apple world besides my iPhone of course. :apple:

peterdevries

macrumors 68040
Feb 22, 2008
Amsterdam, The Netherlands
This is ridiculous.

There is no tablet.

enough already lol!

Narrowminded..

The market is small because no company has succeeded in doing it right. Just as was the case with MP3 players and touchscreen cellphones. Apple did a fine job of mixing those markets up...

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.